• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] MINT Discs - Freetail

Pretty discs. I hope I can use them correctly.

uvAtAeg.jpg

Just got the box delivered today, pinks and oranges. They all appear to have metal flakes in them. Looking forward to giving them a throw when I get a chance, when it gets nice out and I am not working.

been cruising for understable fairways and i really like my apex freetail. the apex plastic is everything innova star plastic should be(sometime it is for the most part no). its a bit stiffer and a bit grippier. great disc for understable shots

for those curious, this latest run of apex is standard apex flight for freetails , nice and understable and i havent come across any anomalies just yet.

sublimes tend to have a little more hss this run and are reminiscent of the first run sublimes and really smash , both pair well together for slight differences.

Is the latest run #AP-FT02-22?

Trying to get a frame of reference for when I get out to throw later today

anyone know the more stable runs of freetail? I have an apex i mastered and comepletely love. used the eternal which i thought might be more stable but mine are almost less stable.

Thought sublime would be the most stable but i got one and threw it today and it seemed pretty much like my apex, which is fine, but i wish i had new one that would be neutral for a few months.

the sublime is 3-22 175g

the apex is 2-22 174g

parting line looks higher on the sublime, its new the freetail is about 4-5 mos old

My Sublime Freetail is by far my most OS one. But I've only had a few throws with it before it became Siberiaesque around here. I'm curious about this as well. Apex's are money for noodle arms right out the box, Eternal's will probably be my go to's once seasoned a bit though.

I'll have to grab a sublime and eternal. My apex was a great roller disc for me right off the shelf. But a little too flippy to trust for long turning shots. If anything it's got a solid spot in the bag for rollers.

im terrilble at powering down on most discs, but ive figured the freetail out and its amazing.

Absolutely love my Freetail (172g) in the Apex plastic I got in January. Great for my rhbh noodle arm. Still breaking it in but I am finding this is great for big anhyzer throws too.

I did get an eternal freetail recently, and it's got a slightly higher parting line than the apex. Hoping that makes the difference in stability to be a slightly more reliable thrower for me

I throw 3 currently. 2019 Black Friday proto eternal, the first public release. That one is uber flippy. 2nd run Apex for straight to turn, and then a 1st run sublime that just goes straight unless I rip on it. Considering picking up some of the new ones to see if I can find one even a tick more stable.

Really a great disc. Has reminded me why most of the overstable plastic made its way out of my bag back when I was actually decent at this game. You just don't need overstable plastic in calm conditions most of the time unless you're trying to get a hard fade. Nice and easy does the trick out to about 350'.