• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] MINT Discs - Freetail

Got mine! :thmbup:

Have 1 eternal from the black Friday sale, yellow w/ metal flakes.
2 Christmas apex, gray and green with some cloudy swirls.
Ordered 3 sublime yesterday, red, blue and green. Can't wait to get them in and check them out.

This plastic (MVP-like blend) is my favorite on the market. I like Prodigy's clear plastic a lot as well, but the Prodigy molds that I've tried didn't click with me.

The Freetail looks to be kicking the Underworld out without an issue. I love the Underworld but this is just as easy to control and I can get an extra 30-40 feet out of it with no effort.

Now we just need a beadless putter, neutral mid, and distance driver, and I will achieve my ultimate form. Bahaha. ;)

Last edited:
Got mine! :thmbup:

Have 1 eternal from the black Friday sale, yellow w/ metal flakes.
2 Christmas apex, gray and green with some cloudy swirls.
Ordered 3 sublime yesterday, red, blue and green. Can't wait to get them in and check them out.

This plastic (MVP-like blend) is my favorite on the market. I like Prodigy's clear plastic a lot as well, but the Prodigy molds that I've tried didn't click with me.

The Freetail looks to be kicking the Underworld out without an issue. I love the Underworld but this is just as easy to control and I can get an extra 30-40 feet out of it with no effort.

Now we just need a beadless putter, neutral mid, and distance driver, and I will achieve my ultimate form. Bahaha. ;)

nice haul! im happy to hear you are enjoying them. they have been well received so far! i find the same for myself when im in a pinch and have no room for a run up. easy distance and effortless glide. lots of my older friends are happy to throw a disc this easily.

you will be pleasantly surprised in the future :D enjoy those freetails in the mean time sir. thank you

When they get released, please inform us on what color, weight and blend will have the most firmness.

Good luck!

And most floppyness!

will do! we only have testers right now so all ive seen are orange and red. theyre not firm nor gummy . the blend is eternal, just a little milky like some of them tend to be. this one is 175 and ive only tested heavies but i think the weights should be around the usual range of 165-175. will post more info accordingly once its closer to release time.

Since they are in production now, would you give us the blend/color that is the most rigid (for me) and the most floppy(for PMantle)?

I have not bought a new mold in several months... my addiction is tingling.

Since they are in production now, would you give us the blend/color that is the most rigid (for me) and the most floppy(for PMantle)?

I have not bought a new mold in several months... my addiction is tingling.

so the sublime has 2 variations, the swirly and the non swirly. the swirlies have been more rigid with a firm rim and the non swirly have some pliability in them and are a little softer.

apex for the most part is soft like those non swirly sublimes, there is a gold? or light orange color that molded up rigid and flat, those actually fly like the sublimes (a little more HSS) the rest have been understable. i didnt check many but i would say the firm ones are more stable like the sublimes but i only remember that one color.

eternals are all the same from what i remember,semi firm rim and pliable plate, even the candy pink isnt rigid like in the past runs in other mint molds.

id say there are no floppy ones but i could be wrong since i didnt feel every color variation.

edit:

id say there aren't any that i would actually consider floppy but i could be wrong since i didnt feel every color variation.

fwiw in terms of stability

sublime > apex & eternal

im bagging one sublime and one eternal atm and they pair nicely together for different situations. the slower arm speed crowd will love the eternal and apex and can use the sublime for a slightly more stable option

so the sublime has 2 variations, the swirly and the non swirly. the swirlies have been more rigid with a firm rim and the non swirly have some pliability in them and are a little softer.

I put a seafoam colored sublime on order as it's picture looked the swirllist( is that even a word?) I added a note to my order that a color and/or weight change would be welcome if there is a more rigid disc in stock.

I also name dropped your name so management can see that you are drumming up business.

Thanks!

Noooooooo! USPS says my package has been delayed and is in transit... but no last point of departure is listed.... translated, they lost it.

Stupid mail.

Yeah, it's been a long time since USPS actually permanently lost a package of mine, but probably 10% of USPS I get these days seems to get "lost in transit" and show up some number of days later. I've even had them scan something as delivered when I didn't have it, and then it "mysteriously" shows up several days later. I'm guessing they were supposed to deliver and left it off the load by mistake, and don't want it to hit their metrics? Dunno... but you'll hopefully (probably?) get it sometime this week.

I think you'll like the Seafoam color. I got one of those with my order and they're all fairly firm. Not bricks by any means but firm. They feel great. The red sublime is slightly flatter than the seafoam and "blue" I got so I'm interested to see if that makes any difference. Haven't thrown them yet. The "blue" is like a midnight blue/grey color with silvery swirls. Disc is beautiful.

I ordered from sunking and I lost one last year. It bounced around for 3 months before returning to sunking. When it arrived, the owner sent me a photo. The box that house several discs was reduced to a post card, slightly bigger than a deck of cards.

If you were wondering, sunking was amazing about the entire situation. Shameless plug to buy discs from them

thanks for that! i appreciate it sir. shipping does a good job of taking requests into consideration so i hope you get what you want. post back when you get it!

I got it in today. Since it was late, I had a friend pick me one up at the town over ( our pro shop doesn't carry Mint), I got to play with it yesterday.

Neither are rigid but both are plenty frim with the temp in the high 60s. I like the feel in the had of the Sublime plastic, firm but a touch of gum.

The rim is almost perfect width; allowing me to get a complete grip with all fingers instead of 3. It is deep enough to get a good grip but not so deep that it makes it hard to forehand. There is a decent dome but not so much that it forces a shallow thumb position. This disc feels like it was designed for economics first.

I was expecting it to fly somewhere between a Z Heat and.a Sail, I was not expecting it to have more fade than the Heat. This disc has surprised me.. Every chance I got, I threw the Freetails back to Back with my Z Heat. Freetails 174g and fresh. Heat 164g and 8/10.

The Freetail is faster and requires more speed than the Heat does. The Heat being both slower and having much better glide, powers down better. From a standstill I could throw the Heat farther, but part of that is it being lighter.

The Freetail is more nose sensitive than the Heat, causing nose up throws to hyzer out early. That being said, thrown with the nose in line, this thing bombs. I was getting speed 11 distance out of it with a full run up.

I was very surprised at how well I could forehand this disc, as that is not my strong trait. I think that comes form the ergonomic of the disc.

The interesting thing about this disc is that it slides to the right more than it really turns, with a mild sweeping fade at the end... Very much like a longer Relay or a first run Neutron Inertia.

I impressed a group that allowed me to play through when I threw it about 400 ' on a very neutral line ( it was downhill, I don't have 400 foot of power on flat land.)

I can get the Heat a bit longer on a downhill shot due to its better glide, but on flat land, the Freetail was longer.

I did not think it would kick the Heat out of my bag, and it has not, as these have different uses. It does appear to be the replacement I have been looking for for the last year and a half for my my first run N Inertia!

It's in the bag.

nice review and thank you for your honesty! so what color is the one you threw? those bursty/swirly sublimes tend to be the most stable of the plastics. non bursty/swirly tend to have more HST. the eternals are next in line for stability but similar to the non bursty sublimes. ive had people tell me the opposite that eternal was flippier for them but not in my experience lately. the apex would be the easiest to flip. there are some apex that molded up firm like the swirly/bursty sublime and those actually fly like the sublime but the rest of the apex are softer and true to the numbers.

in terms of stability id say
swirly sublime - 10/5/-2/2
non swirly sublime - 10/5/-3/2
eternal - 10/5/-3/2
apex - 10/5/-3/1

take it with a grain of salt as i have not throw all of them and we both have different power levels. i do have friends who are in your range and they like the apex and eternal more so.

happy to see it make your bag, hopefully you get to try others and get a better feel for it.

nice review and thank you for your honesty! so what color is the one you threw?

174g New leaf green swirl. It was the only swirl in the store.

One caveat with my review, I throw with more spin than any of the local amateurs. I tend to see less turn than other locals that are throwing in my distance range.

My form is clean but the one issue that pops up occasionally is me releasing a bit nose up, especially if I am throwing uphill. That is how I know that the nose angle is more sensitive.

As quick as the rain stops here, I will try the sea-foam swirl one out.

Attachments

• 20200112_153134.jpg
    20200112_153134.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200113_191610.jpg
    20200113_191610.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 18
Those are looking sweet.

I throw a spinny drive as well. Despite throwing a little farther than the guys I normally play with, my discs act the most stable out of anyone's. It seems like possibly for that style of throw, the Freetail might even be more useful since it stays straighter. :hfive:

174g New leaf green swirl. It was the only swirl in the store.

One caveat with my review, I throw with more spin than any of the local amateurs. I tend to see less turn than other locals that are throwing in my distance range.

My form is clean but the one issue that pops up occasionally is me releasing a bit nose up, especially if I am throwing uphill. That is how I know that the nose angle is more sensitive.

As quick as the rain stops here, I will try the sea-foam swirl one out.

ok, those are the swirly ones i was mentioning earlier, they should both fly the same. if you were to want more turn out of them, i would suggest non swirly or the other plastics but you will have to sacrifice the stiffness.

ok, those are the swirly ones i was mentioning earlier, they should both fly the same. if you were to want more turn out of them, i would suggest non swirly or the other plastics but you will have to sacrifice the stiffness.

Nah, stiffness is more important. I had rather beat a neutral disc in.

I threw the seafoam in the field behind work at lunch. It's just a touch more flexible and 171g weight. It flies a touch more understable but also has a more harsh fade. It will be fine as a backup.

The midnight blues, are those swirly? I figure I should order one more backup. Looks like stock is dropping fast.

Remind me to never give a good review until After I buy my backup discs. I think I got the very last heavy swirl on the entire bloody internet.

Dark green is not my favorite color... so easy to loose.