• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The side profile looks exactly like an Atom. I already like my Atoms...

Anyone think the Particle could be the proto 1 Electron putter? Looks very similar in those profile pics

I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. I think we need to wait for more reviews to get a better idea.

The side profile looks exactly like an Atom. I already like my Atoms...

Certainly doesn't fly like my Atom. I agree with others looking for more reviews of the Particle. My one review of my one disc should be looked at with some amount of skepticism.

picture.php

I don't have an Envy to compare it to but the Particle feels deeper than my Proxy by a fair amount. For me personally it is too deep for drives, without working with this disc quite a bit. As it is when I crank on it the Particle hangs up too long on my index finger causing it to fly a turnover route despite it's stability. In essence it griplocks itself on my release finger.

I do really like the particle for longer putts, more as an upshot and park it disc, and it works fairly well inside the circle as well (still getting used to the extra stability).

I may have to buy a non-electron vector. It flew exactly where it was supposed to, although 2 of them got absolutely mangled at the tournament. One looked like an attempt to make a disc into a Mobius loop.

Electron plastic is absolute trash. Mobius loop is hilarious and I completely agree. Whenever people see my water disc of an electron ion they are appalled.

Has anyone thrown a GStar Gazelle and can compare it to a Crave? I want an easy to find replacement for my GStar Gazelles when I am traveling and playing unfamiliar courses. The Crave seems like it would be in the same kind of range.

Or what would be a good gyro choice available in photon plastic that is a slow straight fairway driver that holds hyzer or anhyzers nicely?

It is?(...assuming g* fly like old gazelle.) The 7 speed class could cover a gazelle cycle pretty well between servo/crave/switch. (new seasoned beat)

The relay class technically would be a better fit but no OS mold there.

Last edited:
It is?(...assuming g* fly like old gazelle.) The 7 speed class could cover a gazelle cycle pretty well between servo/crave/switch. (new seasoned beat)

Yeah the g* flies like a seasoned Gazelle. I carry a fairly small neutral flying bag for traveling to new courses (Polecat, Pro D Zone, Z Comet, G* Gazelle, Ogopogo and Z Heat) but I'd like easily replaceable discs (aka not limited production discs) for new courses. I really like photon plastic too so I figured I would give it a try.

What is in the Relay class?

*proton plastic

The relay is listed as a speed6 like the gazelle class, and new would compare well with a nicely season Gazelle (Or a fresh cheetah.) in that old good DX. Will turn but still have a late subtle fade. But it also has a new school rim and is sneaky long for its speed.

Last edited:
Yea it was surprising they didn't do that for the circuit this year. Especially since they were already using the plasma Servo for the MVP/Axiom challenge...

Just a reminder, any of you guys that have already gotten a Particle and plan on playing a PDGA event soon, it hasn't been approved yet...

Hopefully we hear from somebody that the flat ones are more OS.... If it really is slightly more OS than an envy, I might pick one up if they come out in SoftN. My current S envy is finally starting to lose its fade...

Oh BTW, to the guys who have thrown it, is it the atom/envy core, Ion/anode or something new? Cause if its something new that might explain the closeness with envy and atom.

I'd really like to see if someone could post a side-by-side of the Particle and the experimental Proto putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts