• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Eclipse Glow Proton Ion

They act pretty close to a Wizard and an Aviar to me....though I am not sold on them as a driver just yet. The Soft Eclipse seemed to drive OK enough, but the medium gave me fits. Might have just been me...it was that sort of day. :doh: I'll give them more time my next outing....my blue one should be here by then.:thmbup: I will say they putt well. I did better with the medium than I expected. The soft performed exactly as I hoped it would. I'd so that these Ions are keepers so far.:cool::cool:

A quick update on my 'flawed' Ion Eclipse - discgolfcenter got back to me and told me if they deemed it defective that they'd refund my return shipping as well. Quite nice of 'em, but I'd already decided to throw it. First throw went directly in to a tree - I figured if it was going to fail, it may as well be right up front. It held together amazingly well. I've played 2 rounds since and am really digging it. I'm still dissapointed that I (at the very least) have a pretty obvious cosmetic flaw on the most expensive disc I own, but it is a hell of a disc.

Question: Is anybody NOT impressed with glow intensity of their eclipses? I have a UV flashlight and cannot seem to get mine glowing properly. The glow also seems grainy or speckled... I love ions and bought 4 eclipses for the white rim alone (read: I don't necessarily care) but I'm not sure I'd use these in a glow round. However, I'd like to be able to... NOT hating... Just asking!

Yes same exact problem - grainy/speckled - does not glow very intensely, does not glow for more than about 2-3 mins.

A quick update on my 'flawed' Ion Eclipse - discgolfcenter got back to me and told me if they deemed it defective that they'd refund my return shipping as well. Quite nice of 'em, but I'd already decided to throw it. First throw went directly in to a tree - I figured if it was going to fail, it may as well be right up front. It held together amazingly well. I've played 2 rounds since and am really digging it. I'm still dissapointed that I (at the very least) have a pretty obvious cosmetic flaw on the most expensive disc I own, but it is a hell of a disc.

Some of my best discs are x outs

these take a while to charge. I have been throwing in the field with mine at night. it takes a good ten minutes to get these to charge up, but it will last quite a while before i have to recharge. The specs you see are because its really concentrated with the glow material. I have been charging mine with an led flashlight more like 4 sections of the rim instead of the whole rim and no problems with the glow.

I noticed the speckle as well and at first I was not impressed as well. However, it does make sense considering how dense the glow material has to be. I have a UV flashlight as well and needed to charge it every two holes, but I never had an issue finding it. I have yet to get around to letting it sit all day in the sun to see if that helps.

I also try charging the whole rim so no one section is brighter than another. I suppose letting the light sit on certain sections longer would work far better.

What lights are you guys using? I get good results with an ~80 lumen LED light. I hold it on a corner for 5-10 seconds, then slowly drag it to the next corner (12, 3, 6 and 9 o clock). Stays lit up for a good ten minutes. It stays pretty bright for a few minutes then holds a dimmer charge for a long, long time.

Latest posts