• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Eclipse Glow Proton Ion

And for those that were wondering..... They are that sweet ;)

DSC06114.jpg

DSC06113.jpg

DSC06115.jpg

^Those are the first non-shopped photos of a glowing ion I have seen. Thanks for posting. I hope to snag two.

Nice, a facebook link I can view without a facebook account! Good timing considering who short the days are these days.

They look cool, but I don't think having just the rim glow would actually be effective in a night round. I played a glow round at Steady Ed last weekend, and we were having enough of a time trying to keep up with full-glow discs.

As long as there are no lights around having just the rim glow should be fine. Especially on a disc most people won't be throwing over 200 ft. We play glow rounds all the time and it doesn't take much to see them. It's only on long tee offs that you need them really bright so you can track the flight.

This quote is from Chad at MVP. "Yes, we have packed the rim heavily with the brightest glow concentrate in the plastics industry. Our goal with this project is to have the BRIGHTEST glow concentration as possible. We have just done so."

Having one of the proto types, it's brighter than my glo rocs.

exhibit A: i'm a glow fiend and have a pretty decent glow wall including 4x's, superglows, CFR glows, aerobie and DGA, etc

exhibit B: i've got a proto glow Ion (opaque w/texture bottom)

exhibit C: i've got two of the production Eclipse Ions (translucent w/new tooling)

these are WELL-suited to night rounds. they hold a glow long, like the true SuperGlow from gateway. you can tell that there's a high density of glow material in here. stuff like superglow and glowflys are obviously higher-packed than other stuff, like the average CFR glow or a glow dx, and you clearly get the feeling that these are heavy-HEAVY on the glow juice.

these not only glow very brightly, but they have more of a discernible shape to the glow area. i think it's easier to spot a brightly glowing ring than the average glowing disc. besides the main reason i keep glow discs out of my everyday bag is that they aren't my preferred color for daytime.. these will have a variety of colors available in daytime and if it ever gets dark, it glows. (this is why i love a stiff superglow wizard this time of year... sun goes down during a round and i'm one-discin' it)

i could ramble on about them, but i'm just saying i disagree with the concerns and i'm one of few people who've tried it out. i have the red disc that's in the announcement as well as a neon yellow as another photo model... the yellow with white rim is a **sweet** disc for the bag. highly visible in daytime and nighttime.

just sayin. legit.

So is there a release date?
Is this a limited edition or will they be a regular production run?
Will my vector come out in a glow version?
Pics are great but info would be more helpful..