• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

We talked about this being an MVP tern early on but really just not the case. Inertia is unique. It really rides that faster control DD and stable/US line.

Terns have way more movement than an inertia both ways. A insanity is closer to a tern but does not fade as much. The closest mvp disc to a tern is the wave but thats like a star or gstar tern.

Just won a beautiful pink pearly Plasma Inertia from a local giveaway. Not being a big overmold guy, I'm wondering what you guys think on the Plasma plastic and specifically, the Inertia in Plasma.

Appreciate any feedback, fellas.

Cheers.

Just won a beautiful pink pearly Plasma Inertia from a local giveaway. Not being a big overmold guy, I'm wondering what you guys think on the Plasma plastic and specifically, the Inertia in Plasma.

Cheers.

in my experience the plasma inertia has a little more glide and a little more turn and just about the same fade vs. neutron. nice turn and for me it always pulls out and back to mostly straight. wonderful disc.

Cheers.

Love my inertias, have one in each plastic. Plasma is a maybe a small bit less stable than a neutron and has a bit more glide. At 400' of power I usually hyzer flip it. It turns a bit and comes back to slightly left of center. It's also great for late turning shots when thrown hard on a slight hyzer. Or long sweeping hyzers when released on a harder hyzer.
So many uses for this disc.

in my experience the plasma inertia has a little more glide and a little more turn and just about the same fade vs. neutron. nice turn and for me it always pulls out and back to mostly straight. wonderful disc.

This is accurate based on what I've experienced. I had an Insanity that flew basically identically like my Proton Inertia, so my buddy recommended me a Plasma Inertia. It's perfect. When thrown with a shallow hyzer, it'll slowly flip over and glide out to the right (RHBH) with a slight hyzer at the end of the flight. This thing bombs. However, plasma does beat in quicker than Proton or Neutron, so it might not be perfect for a long time, but I love mine for now.

From reading the comments here, it sounds like I need to re-bag the Plasma Inertia and beat it in. I got one last summer and just didn't click with after a couple weeks of bagging it, and haven't thrown it in a while. It seemed to be more towards the overstable side, compared to the Neutron and Proton, with less glide. It's in a similar weight, maybe even a gram or two lighter than my Proton.

My Neutron and Proton Inertias are beat-in to that perfect hyzer flip territory, where they barely turn and finish almost dead straight on a low line drive. With more air under it, the Neutron gets more turn. The Proton seems to have more HSS and handles wind better than the Neutron. Is this common for other Inertia throwers, or have I beat in the Neutron way more than the Proton without realizing it? And I should throw the Plasma a lot more, right?

Are they the same exact weight? Lighter intertias are more US. Proton when released had a touch of extra HSS like you mention but wasnt significantly different.

Beating in a disc like the inertia is odd bc it just rides that slightly stable to US line. Some slight variations in PLH also which tend to impact this kind of mold a lot as it really sits right on the edge design-wise from stable to US. Id bet for sure your used intertias are nice and seasoned which like you found out fly a little more US vs a fresh one.

Are they the same exact weight? Lighter intertias are more US.

Proton is heaviest; Neutron is a gram lighter, Plasma is either the same weight as the Neutron or a gram lighter. So they're all three about the same exact weight, which is why I asked about the stability differences in plastics. The consensus here is that Plasma is the most US, but my bright yellow Plasma Inertia seems to disagree, even though it's lighter than my Proton by two grams at most.

I just assumed the Plasma needed more seasoning and it would beat in to be more US eventually, but out of the box it was more HSS than I remember both the Proton and Neutron being.

Agreed that Inertias and Terns are not the same.

One reason I didn't like the Tern was that it's rim was way too thin. There just wasn't enough room for me to get a good pull on it or to get my FH grip up against the rim. Is the Inertia's rim this way or is it easy to grip?

Also, how would you compare the Inertia to a Valkyrie in terms of flight?

One reason I didn't like the Tern was that it's rim was way too thin. There just wasn't enough room for me to get a good pull on it or to get my FH grip up against the rim. Is the Inertia's rim this way or is it easy to grip?

Also, how would you compare the Inertia to a Valkyrie in terms of flight?

I've never thrown a Tern, but to me the Inertia is a faster Valk. The Valkyrie was my driver until the Inertia came out, now I hit all the same lines with it, just further.

Inertia experts please help. What is the rim depth on the iInertie 1.1 or 1.2. I've seen it listed as both. Inflight has it as 1.2 but I've seen them be wrong before ( beast listed as 1.1). Yes it makes a difference to me. Thanks.

I already answered your question in the other thread. In the time it took you to post this in multiple places you could've just googled the official list and answered your own question.

Yes you're correct I could have done that, I forgot about the PDGA thank you for belittling me.

I have now checked the PDGA and have still been left with an element of doubt, here's why. As mentioned both inflight and the PDGA list the Innova Beast as 1.1 depth, the beast I have recently purchased is clearly closer to 1.2 by both measurement and feel and thus the element of doubt in these sources of accuracy.

What I was hoping for was someone who has an Inertia to give my an honest first hand answer on the rim depth. For the record I hope it is 1.1.

Rim Depth - This attribute is measured using a metric ruler. The rim depth is defined as the distance between a straight edge placed across both rims and the point where the rim meets the flight plate of the disc.

So... What is being measured exactly?

Gotta say, this is the first time I've seen a poster ask about rim depth. You might just have the trust the PDGA on this one, bankiebomber.

Yes you're correct I could have done that, I forgot about the PDGA thank you for belittling me.

I have now checked the PDGA and have still been left with an element of doubt, here's why. As mentioned both inflight and the PDGA list the Innova Beast as 1.1 depth, the beast I have recently purchased is clearly closer to 1.2 by both measurement and feel and thus the element of doubt in these sources of accuracy.

What I was hoping for was someone who has an Inertia to give my an honest first hand answer on the rim depth. For the record I hope it is 1.1.

I'll keep pushing this. Does the Inertia have the same shallow rim of the Insanity and Tern? Or does it have a deeper rim like the Valkyrie. I could never get a good FH release on the Tern or Insanity because it was too shallow. Looking to order an Inertia today to test against my Valks but just want to be sure.

I'll keep pushing this. Does the Inertia have the same shallow rim of the Insanity and Tern? Or does it have a deeper rim like the Valkyrie. I could never get a good FH release on the Tern or Insanity because it was too shallow. Looking to order an Inertia today to test against my Valks but just want to be sure.

Inertia has 1.2cm rim depth. Tern is 1.1cm. Insanity should be same 1.2cm as Inertia.

Inertia should get you more distance than the Valk, and on tighter lines. Great driver!

Latest posts