• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

hmm, well if it keeps behaving badly for you I'd consider trading you one of mine for it if you'd like.

After like ten throws with this in the field I know this will replace my N Volt. The Proton just flies so much straighter with a flat or slight hyzer release. I could honestly see this becoming my only fairway driver after getting more practice with it and taking it out on the course.

I think the main difference between the P Volt and N Volt is that I always had to release my N Volt on a slight anhyzer in order to get an S Curve for maximum distance. I feel like I can release the P Volt on any line and it will always find a way to flip up flat and end with that dependable fade. Everything I've read about the P Volt was definitely true after I was able to throw it myself.

After like ten throws with this in the field I know this will replace my N Volt. The Proton just flies so much straighter with a flat or slight hyzer release. I could honestly see this becoming my only fairway driver after getting more practice with it and taking it out on the course.

I think the main difference between the P Volt and N Volt is that I always had to release my N Volt on a slight anhyzer in order to get an S Curve for maximum distance. I feel like I can release the P Volt on any line and it will always find a way to flip up flat and end with that dependable fade. Everything I've read about the P Volt was definitely true after I was able to throw it myself.

Are you saying the Proton is more understable than your N?

So it sounds like the proton volt is more overstable than the neutron? How are they breaking in?

I've been throwing one of my Neutron Volts for almost a year now and the thing still flies like it's new. Kind of disappointing, actually, since I prefer cycling one mold in a variety of stabilities instead of a different mold for each shot. Still waiting for one of my Volts to beat in enough to replace my old beat Star Teebird...

I've been throwing one of my Neutron Volts for almost a year now and the thing still flies like it's new. Kind of disappointing, actually, since I prefer cycling one mold in a variety of stabilities instead of a different mold for each shot. Still waiting for one of my Volts to beat in enough to replace my old beat Star Teebird...

Not to sidetrack the thread too far, but I just bought a Star Teebird to fight my Volt, haha. New * Teebird for me is really a 0/2, I find I can turn my Volts from new if I try to stretch it too far, perhaps a -1/2. I'm hoping the Teebird stays 0 but beats out some of the fade. I'd briefly considered Proton Volt, but the extra OS is not wanted on the fade for me.

You will find quickly MVP doesn't beat in, at least quickly

Cant wait to throw these, a big thanks as always to communitydiscs.com
Justin you never disappoint!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 61
mine didn't come today :thmbdown: im bummed

Looks like you bought from in4d, just like I did. And you live like 10 miles from me (I'm in Rocklin). So I'm assuming mine won't be in the mailbox when I get home either... Of course I think he shipped them on Friday from Wisconsin, so we can't be too dissapointed.

Looks like you bought from in4d, just like I did. And you live like 10 miles from me (I'm in Rocklin). So I'm assuming mine won't be in the mailbox when I get home either... Of course I think he shipped them on Friday from Wisconsin, so we can't be too dissapointed.

its 2-3 day shipping, so they will be there no matter what tomorrow, about half the people i sent out to on friday have received their discs, just depends where you live :)

So it sounds like the proton volt is more overstable than the neutron? How are they breaking in?

More me after a few throws, Yes. How they break in. Come back to us in 3-6 months..

hmm, well if it keeps behaving badly for you I'd consider trading you one of mine for it if you'd like.

Okay. Yeah, I'll let you know but I'm sure it'll work out.

Guess I was wrong. My mailman came super late but he brought me my red 175. This thing is gorgeous! Can't wait to throw it.

All you guys are making me really impatient for these to come out in lighter weights. Noodle arms unite for a 167 Proton Volt!

got one coming, cant wait to try it. A more overstable volt is exactly what i need. Ill still throw my neutrons but cant wait for the proton, love the feel of proton putters and mids also.

Latest posts