• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

I know, I know...just hate to mess with the FD's in my bag right now.

The good thing about switching to an MVP mold that you like is you can count on consistency. Discmania throwers spend a lot of time finding that PD/FD/MD3 etc. in the correct 'run'. You're 2nd run FD may not be the same as the desired 1st run or stay clear of those 4th run PD's. When I lost the only neutron Servo I had I ordered another off ebay and it looked and flew exactly like the one I lost. All 3 of my Resistors are identical too.

I'm not gonna throw 3 different molds that do the same thing...in each category. Not during rounds anyway. Toss in all the Axiom counterparts and it's a cluster****!

The good thing about switching to an MVP mold that you like is you can count on consistency. Discmania throwers spend a lot of time finding that PD/FD/MD3 etc. in the correct 'run'. You're 2nd run FD may not be the same as the desired 1st run or stay clear of those 4th run PD's. When I lost the only neutron Servo I had I ordered another off ebay and it looked and flew exactly like the one I lost. All 3 of my Resistors are identical too.

They're perfectly good discs that I'm not going to replace and just put in a box, or give to my Schnauzer. ;)

Who has MVP's / Axiom's inside ear?
We need a Relay which is about 3 or 4 pips more over-stable. Think a slightly slower Servo which has less high speed turn (like none!) and yet, due to the slightly smaller wing width, will not fade out quite as much. Especially that first part!
Yeh, OK - just a pipe dream...but I'm still hoping.

Ps: Am liking my Relay more and more every day.

Who has MVP's / Axiom's inside ear?
We need a Relay which is about 3 or 4 pips more over-stable. Think a slightly slower Servo which has less high speed turn (like none!) and yet, due to the slightly smaller wing width, will not fade out quite as much. Especially that first part!
Yeh, OK - just a pipe dream...but I'm still hoping.

Closest thing right now is to find a lighter Resistor and beat the crap out of it.

Me too. I've never meshed with the beat-up DX Leopard type turnover fairway, but a 174 N Relay gave me a a beautiful birdie on a ridiculously tight woods line. I'm starting to get the release angles right to hit my lines with this thing.

I haven't gotten comfortable with lower power forehand turnover lines yet, but I think there's some untapped potential there...

Me too. I've never meshed with the beat-up DX Leopard type turnover fairway, but a 174 N Relay gave me a a beautiful birdie on a ridiculously tight woods line. I'm starting to get the release angles right to hit my lines with this thing.

I haven't gotten comfortable with lower power forehand turnover lines yet, but I think there's some untapped potential there...

^^
Exactly what he said. I carried 3 in my bag today and worked them hard all day. A beautiful mold. Now for a slightly OS version and I will be happy.

I've been getting some really nice FH turnovers with the Relay. I crank on it FH with a lot of hyzer, watch it shoot laser straight for 70% of the flight and then it will turnover while still carrying forward. Great in the woods where you don't have a lot of room to wind up a distance driver. All control.

"We need a Relay which is about 3 or 4 pips more over-stable."

i think someone here suggested a RelayOS.

Last edited:
Really feel like a Resistor is all the RelayOS you could ask for. Just wanting it to be a tick slower?

A lot of posters have been pining for a a MVP Gazelle. That's what a RelayOS sounds like to me.

Really feel like a Resistor is all the RelayOS you could ask for. Just wanting it to be a tick slower?

Not just a tad slower but also not as OS as Resistors are. Half way between a Resistor and a Servo AND a little slower than both (like 16mm).

Not just a tad slower but also not as OS as Resistors are. Half way between a Resistor and a Servo AND a little slower than both (like 16mm).

If you have the patience, a Resistor will season to that point. It's worth the wait.

i find the lucid truth to sit right between my resistor and relay. fwiu might be better off with an emac truth at this point though...

Latest posts