• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Vector Midrange

I'm only throwing 175's, and supposedly the lighter weights are noticeably more stable. . That could account for slightly different impressions.

discspeed said:
I need one of those.
I was actually mistaken, the overmold is a bit crooked, one side of the disc has the PLH 1 mm lower while the other is normal. My other two are right on the money.

jubuttib said:
discspeed said:
I need one of those.
I was actually mistaken, the overmold is a bit crooked, one side of the disc has the PLH 1 mm lower while the other is normal. My other two are right on the money.

That's it! They lose all credibility in terms of quality. I'm done with them. Forever.

Lolz...

After throwing my Vectors a little more today, I noticed a pretty distinct difference between the two of them. Both are green 175's, but one has a completely flat top, and the other has a good amount of dome. The one with dome is quite a bit more stable. I like my flat topped one better. More useful to me. So if you're looking at Vectors in person, you might want to try a flat top. I haven't thrown enough of them to know if this is actually a consistent trend.

Ryan C said:
After throwing my Vectors a little more today, I noticed a pretty distinct difference between the two of them. Both are green 175's, but one has a completely flat top, and the other has a good amount of dome. The one with dome is quite a bit more stable. I like my flat topped one better. More useful to me. So if you're looking at Vectors in person, you might want to try a flat top. I haven't thrown enough of them to know if this is actually a consistent trend.

I kept reading that everyone thought their Vector was pretty stable and mine just flew straight. Mine is completely flat as well and I love it. I've also got a green 175. This is the best disc I've found for long straight tunnel shots. Just throw it low and hard and it goes.

My flat one is the one with a slightly crooked overmold, I'm expecting it to be less of a meathook.

I too have one that is a bit domier than the other. The domier one is more stable. It is hard to tell from a flat throw, but if you throw with just a touch of anny the flatter one holds while the domier one fights and requires a harder throw.

I browsed through the stack of Vectors at Powergrip and noticed the dome differences. There were some heavy clear ones with pretty humongous domes, some orange ones were pretty much pancake flat. Really big difference. I chose a flattish 176g orange (heaviest orange one they had left), because I want pretty much straight and then fade mid with some wind resistance, instead of drone-like meathook. The forecast is 20mph winds for tomorrow when I'm going to take the Vector for a test run, will be interesting to see how it flies.

vto said:
I browsed through the stack of Vectors at Powergrip and noticed the dome differences. There were some heavy clear ones with pretty humongous domes, some orange ones were pretty much pancake flat. Really big difference. I chose a flattish 176g orange (heaviest orange one they had left), because I want pretty much straight and then fade mid with some wind resistance, instead of drone-like meathook. The forecast is 20mph winds for tomorrow when I'm going to take the Vector for a test run, will be interesting to see how it flies.
I'm taking my flat orange 178 out for a spin right now, hopefully it'll be straighter than the others.

I've been throwing a stable one at Discnation. I am now under the impression that there are straigt and overstable Vectors. Seems to be s lot of variance with them

I wanted to point out one thing that should be noted. When we began running our First Runs, the first handful had a few coming out a bit domier than the rest, as well as a few really flat ones. Once the process stabilized out all of the rest came out with a nice smooth perfect gradual shoulder. Discpeed, this may be why your Vectors may be a touch more stable than the majority. When we begin our Production runs that will be ran large scale with utmost consistency, I would like to hear your thoughts on the flight, if little change there may be.

The flat orange one definitely was less LSS than the other ones, very noticeably. On a hard, flat and low line it went pretty dead nuts straight, starting to fade after 85-95% of the flight. It also held an anhyzer way longer than the others. I couldn't get any of them to turn and it was calm, so it's hard to say anything really about the HSS.

On to the overstable ones:
Overall the stability felt very similar to turso's new (still have the flash) 178 GL Pains, very high HSS and very high LSS. The speed and glide felt similar too. The main difference between them is that the increase in fade angle is much more abrupt in the Pains, the Vectors turns more gradually. On anhyzers the Pain also held the initial angle longer and then started to fade, where as the Vector was more consistently trying to straighten itself out the whole time. So pretty much exactly what it says on the tin: A more gyroscopic overstable mid. It is pure beef, but not like a Drone that just drops dead out of the sky.

There are three reasons why I'd pick the Vector over the Pain: 1. It fits my hand a tad better. 2. I have more trust in MVP to keep different runs consistent. I don't want to start hunting around for specific runs, colors, domes etc. The best part about the ION is that I can just order them, and only have to worry about finding the right weight. 3. Since there is no flash to wear on the bottom, the plastic feels pretty damn bulletproof and the gyroscopicness will keep the discs properties for longer, I'm almost certain that the Vector will stay overstable considerably longer than any of the competition.

For what this disc is and does, I don't think it could be done significantly better.

PS. I'll probably test a Hornet tomorrow, so I can compare it to the Vector then. The only overstable mids I've tried are pretty much the Vector, the Pain, the Drone and my freaky S-GM (which flies basically like a slightly faster Drone).

zj1002 said:
I've been throwing a stable one at Discnation. I am now under the impression that there are straigt and overstable Vectors. Seems to be s lot of variance with them

I just got a big shipment of Vectors. Most are for my club, but I got to grab a few different ones to use for testers/demos. I grabbed the most extreme variants I could find in the box to take to the field. There were a few flat ones, but they were the lightest in my box @ 174/175. They aren't as flat as a good Buzzz, but you can't make the top "pop" no matter where you push your thumbs in the flightplate. Then there were a lot like my green 177 tester with a low shoulder and that rises slowly into a slight dome. My red/orange one also has a modest dome, but it starts with a higher shoulder and has a little more "pop". There were many like this as well. Finally there were a few, mostly clears, with obnoxious domes. So I went to find out just how much these variations affected flight and if I could find a neutral flying Vector.

I took my two tester Vectors as well as a flat 175, flat 174, almost flat 176, almost flat 177, almost flat 178, medium 176, 177, and a really domey 177.

I threw shots of variable line and distance in the field from 280'-as far as I can throw them (360'+). I threw in a variety of mild wind conditions (5mph). Overall I was very impressed at how well the Vector flies out in the open and into wind. Despite it's overstability, if you can throw with anny it does not take a hard throw to get decent D. If you try to power it hyzer it will make you feel weak (except maybe ZJ :lol: ). It flexes out very consistently.

First things first...In the discs I threw there was no great variation in stability or flight. Maybe I need a totally flat 178 or something else, but the discs I tested were moderately overstable. Only the flat 174/flat 175 showed a hint of high speed turn when powered flat, full power, into a mild headwind. It was a VERY slight turn and translated more into a very late fade rather than pulling the shot offline. The heavy ones with the smallest domes (but still a slight "pop") were my favorite. They never showed any high speed turn, but seemed to start fading a little later than the more domey ones. The Vectors with the moderate domes were the most overstable, showing no turn and fading a little earlier and harder than the others. The crazy domey one was the biggest aberration of the bunch...It was among the least HSS, yet also among the most LSS of all the Vectors.

So I'm still a little confused regarding all the conflicting reports...Is throwing style or OAT the culprit here? Surely a hyzer flip thrower is not going to be into the Vector. I know different people have very different ideas of what a midrange should be.
Maybe there are still straight flying Vectors out there that I've not gotten my hands on. Let me know what weight/color you have if your Vector is not overstable. I can still check out CDGS stockpile of Vectors if I know what I'm looking for.

discspeed said:
Let me know what weight/color you have if your Vector is not overstable. I can still check out CDGS stockpile of Vectors if I know what I'm looking for.
178 orange with a crooked overmold. It's still overstable but not like the others.

cmrichar said:
Discpeed, this may be why your Vectors may be a touch more stable than the majority. When we begin our Production runs that will be ran large scale with utmost consistency, I would like to hear your thoughts on the flight, if little change there may be.

Personally I think you guys should try for the slight to moderate dome. This gives the Vector a good overstable character across weights, yet not ridiculously so. These are really awesome discs in the wind, the most trustworthy mids I've ever thrown in such conditions. It is a great overstable compliment to a neutral mid as it is, and if it were any straighter it would have a lot more competition/overlapping discs out there. Obviously it sets things up rather well for releasing a neutral mid in the future :wink: . I'm still really looking forward to that day...

discspeed said:
Obviously it sets things up rather well for releasing a neutral mid in the future :wink: . I'm still really looking forward to that day...
Sounds like those MVP guys are planning things pretty well so far ;)

I just had my third day of throwing my Vectors. Again, mine are green 175's. I flattened my domey one with some hot water, and it went from being quite domey, to being almost flat. It is now noticeably less LSS than it used to be. It basically flies like the other one now.

I never was really into them until today. I really like them for two main reasons. The first is that their fade is so predictable. In an open field situation, I felt so much for comfortable parking them on target than I did with my Buzzzes. The second main reason is that they are fairly long. I throw the high shoulder, mildly domed Buzzzes, which are slower and more beefy than the flat Buzzzes. They aren't the longest Buzzzes, but I was easily throwing Vectors 20' farther.

I am a flat, snap dominant thrower. The Vectors works really well for my style. I have not yet compared them back to back with my Pains, but I'd say that the flat Vectors are very similar, but longer, and a little better in the hand.

In short, I was really impressed today. It takes a little adjusting to throw a Vector and then a Buzzz back to back, but as I learn how they fly, I'm feeling like they really fit well into that slot. That being said, I'll buy 10 when they finally have a faster Ion.

Yesterday I dyed my clear 176 Vector. Before the dying, it had what I would call the moderate dome to it. Definately not flat, but it was not "poppy" either, regardless of where I put my thumbs to try to get the pop sound. After the dying, it now has a promounced dome (I was NOT trying to affect the dome at all), and it does have a slight pop now. The shoulder is still the same, but about an inch in from the overmold, the dome rises up from there. I wish I could have thrown it before I dyed it to compare any change in the flight. I'm not sure what I'm gonna end up with now. hehe

ForeverBlue232 said:
Yesterday I dyed my clear 176 Vector. Before the dying, it had what I would call the moderate dome to it. Definately not flat, but it was not "poppy" either, regardless of where I put my thumbs to try to get the pop sound. After the dying, it now has a promounced dome (I was NOT trying to affect the dome at all), and it does have a slight pop now. The shoulder is still the same, but about an inch in from the overmold, the dome rises up from there. I wish I could have thrown it before I dyed it to compare any change in the flight. I'm not sure what I'm gonna end up with now. hehe

Throw it back in some hot water like you did when dying, and then throw it in some cold water. It will be flatter like it started out. You don't want that mofo any more domey, trust me! They are plenty stable but more workable closer to flat.

cmrichar said:
discspeed said:
Obviously it sets things up rather well for releasing a neutral mid in the future :wink: . I'm still really looking forward to that day...
Sounds like those MVP guys are planning things pretty well so far ;)

I WANT IT NOW!!!!

z-veruca-salt.jpg