• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I have to admit I am a little disappointed that Conrad's first signature disc is the Volt.

Not that the Volt is a bad disc. It just seems like a guy who is fairly famous for throwing putters should have a putter for his signature disc.

Maybe the company is just wanting to sell more Volts?

The release says he will be designing his own line with MVP, and so I'm wondering if he's holding off on the putter until he has his own (everyone's learning from McBeth...).

See I would have said Anode as his aviar rip off... but my money is on the Ohm!

I completely support his Volt choice though. I don't feel like it gets enough love these days!

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, Conrad's bag is already up on the team page. I suspect it will change a bit before the season starts.

https://mvpdiscsports.com/teammvp/jconrad/

The Volt is one of my favorite molds, but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Conrad Volt. I was hoping for something to bag, but I already have so many Volts that I don't need any more.

The volt does make sense for James. As famous as he was with an aviar, he threw that purple thunderbird a ton. A volt is roughly comparable to a thunderbird, no?

James' Innova bag fairways (and the apparent MVP replacements):
Color Glow C-line Nightstrike FD - (cosmic neutron Relay)
Swirly Star Nybo Teebird - (neutron Volt)
Purple Star Thunderbird - (neutron Tesla)
Orange Color Glow Firebird EO stamp - (neutron Fireball)

Which Volt is the fattest. Amd which Volts have flexible plates? I've had a Neutron and it was rock hard, as well as the Proton I currently have. Much to hard for winter, I love flexible plastics.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I did a video with a Fission Volt and a light TB3 and they were very close in flight, Volt just a touch longer and I liked it more in general.

Which Volt is the fattest. Amd which Volts have flexible plates? I've had a Neutron and it was rock hard, as well as the Proton I currently have. Much to hard for winter, I love flexible plastics.

Plasma Volts are flexible. Think G* from Innova. They usually have a little more dome than MVP's other plastics though.

Just watched it.

Fission Volts are "gummy".

The flattest Volts i have had are all Neutron....(not cosmic)

In my experience the Proton plastics in the overmolds (axiom and mvp) are the more understable. Neutron are more OS....especially in Cosmic.

Fission seems hit and miss(stability wise)
Plasma seems hit and miss(stability wise)

Kind of a reverse of stability compared to other companies plastics. I only played around with gyro for a year , but this was my experience across the board with all the molds i tried.