• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Except cosmic neutron Volts, those things are truly really for sure more stable than normal neutron (ie. less turn and more fade)
LOL, first time I threw a Cosmic Neutron Volt, I wondered if I threw it really wrong!
It's not a bad flight... but not at all what I would expect from a Volt.

I also have a plasma and proton Tesla. The Teslas are so similar that i only bag the plasma because it's simply the best plastic in grip and feel. I'd say that my cosmic neutron Volt handles a hard flick better than my plasma Tesla. The Volt also has a more agressive fade, the Tesla stays on a smoother hyzer line until it hits the ground. The Tesla goes a bit farther when thrown bh @ full power. I throw my cosmic neutron volt for forced S lines and hyzers. Tesla for hyzers >320 or close to full power hyzer flips up to 400. For max distance I use Plasma Octanes (bh) and plasma Photon (fh) instead.

Wow so cosmic volts are crazy stable then! Interesting, especially compared to a plasma tesla mine is beefy!

Bang on description of the Tesla, this thread has me thinking it's time for another back to back comparison of the Tesla / Volt in the bag. Maybe there is still space for one more disc. I've got a fission volt I haven't thrown much since it has our club/tourney stamp on it. I'm always wrestling with my "unused" wind slot and the Tesla hasn't had a chance to test a windy course yet.... But the amount of turn it gets could be a problem I guess.

Just ordered a Cosmic Volt. Am I correct in assuming it could/will replace both my Resistor and Plasma Telsa in the bag?

Just ordered a Cosmic Volt. Am I correct in assuming it could/will replace both my Resistor and Plasma Telsa in the bag?

Never thrown a Plasma Tesla, but I don't bag my old Resistor after I picked up a CN Volt.

Correct vs the Resistor. I have a beat in Neutron Resistor which i took out of my bag because of my new Cosmic Neutron Volt. My resistor had a bit less high speed stability, but even more aggressive fade than this new Volt. Anyways - the resistor is not needed for me anymore and I got a one less mold in my bag now.

Not so true vs Tesla, because Volt has a different flight curve. I am also looking for a replacement for my lonely Plasma Tesla and I am hoping to get one Fission Photon similar enough so I could bag three Photons instead of two Photons and a Tesla. Another possible replacement for my Plasma Tesla could be the new Cosmic Neutron Wave. I shall see if that becomes true when that Wave finally arrives to my doorstep.

Recieved my Cosmic Volt. Basically agree with KrisDG's assessment. I would simply say that the Resistor dumps a bit harder and thus is probably a bit more OS.

Not so true vs Tesla, because Volt has a different flight curve. I am also looking for a replacement for my lonely Plasma Tesla and I am hoping to get one Fission Photon similar enough so I could bag three Photons instead of two Photons and a Tesla. Another possible replacement for my Plasma Tesla could be the new Cosmic Neutron Wave. I shall see if that becomes true when that Wave finally arrives to my doorstep.

In what way is the flight path different? I was also under the impression that both plasma tesla and CN volt have similar, almost utility OS flights.

I tested this a bit more now. My Plasma Tesla vs my CN Volt.
This Volt is more stable and dumps harder, so I had to throw different lines to get the same result. If there's enough room, then surely CN Volt can do Tesla's job as well. Max distance is similar too. Tesla goes a bit farther for me, but not a lot.

FWIW from memory on the volt.. Same experience, the Volt resists turn and has more of a dump than a panning fade.

The Tesla will fly straighter though on a good anhyzer stall to fade, or if you have the power it can be forced over easier with more of a panning fade for a wider S.

Which is why the FR Volts were better. They flew more like a Valk but on a tighter line and didn't dump. They had that awesome "forward penetrating" fade.

And when you can find sub-170g ones they can be quite magical. I agree that the FR have a forward fade unlike most other runs.

Today I got to test a new fission Volt. Discovered, that it's right between my beat in N and the newer CN. Just as I hoped.

Love my MVP Volt

As a newbie after doing some reviews I decided to buy this as my first disc and I love it!!! It is a great disc I think for a newbie especially if you just focus on your throw and form and not worry about throwing it as hard and far as you can. I got some great distance without trying very hard and consistently as well.

The more i throw the Volt the more i realize it is the straightest fairway driver i can imagine. It is the fairway version of a Buzzz. You point and shoot (throw it flat) and it stays on a straight line until fade.

Just like a good Buzzz, these mould up flat. They are so neutral you dont have to add hyzer or anny. The Volt is also not high speed sensitive. I think the gyro has a way of locking it on a line without it swaying from side to side. Just throw hard and flat.

I see ppl asking for a Buzzz flight in a fairway. Its this disc...
yeah ....others disc may go straight with certain angles and speed but this replicates a Buzzz flight almost perfectly.

I have a proton and neutron and they both do the same thing. The cosmic neutron i got was beefy and glideless for some reason(i do not recommended)

Bump for Jamie Conrads and the one gyro mold i couldnt kick out the bag

I have to admit I am a little disappointed that Conrad's first signature disc is the Volt.

Not that the Volt is a bad disc. It just seems like a guy who is fairly famous for throwing putters should have a putter for his signature disc.

Maybe the company is just wanting to sell more Volts?

I have to admit I am a little disappointed that Conrad's first signature disc is the Volt.

Not that the Volt is a bad disc. It just seems like a guy who is fairly famous for throwing putters should have a putter for his signature disc.

Maybe the company is just wanting to sell more Volts?

He's famous for Innova. Famous for putters. It's possible he wanted out of that 'mold' so to speak.