• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I have two questions, one relating to the Volt.

I'm a recreational player starting to encroach upon intermediate level, and I've played with someone who has played for years and is starting down the "going pro" path.

For getting the shot you want, he's instructed me to keep the way I throw the same and change my disc to get the different type of throw. However, while I believe this to be true fundamentally, it seems that you can make the same disc do different things depending on your form/how you flick it, etc.

1. Is my understanding of the above correct?

2. How versatile of a disc will the Volt be, i.e. is it only going to excel at long straight drives, or can it be used for overhead throws for instance?

Thanks.

Discs are as versatile as you want them to be. Any disc can be driven for distance, flicked, rolled or thrown OH. The only thing limiting what a disc can do are the perceptions of the person throwing them.

Thanks guys, and I agree: fundamentals come first, but ultimately you are telling the disc what to do. Now to keep on working on the fundamentals.

Discs are as versatile as you want them to be. Any disc can be driven for distance, flicked, rolled or thrown OH. The only thing limiting what a disc can do are the perceptions of the person throwing them.

TRUTH ^

Far too many people continuously blame a disc for a bad throw, when the problem is really the thrower.

Last edited:
TRUTH ^

Far too many people continuously blame a disc for a bad throw, when the problem is really the thrower.

And while I agree with all of you, It is easier for certain discs to do some things than others.

For example, my mamba is going to be MUCH better at long right turnover shots than my firebird...

But then it's not a turnover, it's a forehand fading in the intended direction.

True, and I was too late to edit my post.

However you want to classify the throw, the intended line can be reached by throwing either FH, or BH.

Back on topic. Where's the Volt? :|

True, and I was too late to edit my post.

However you want to classify the throw, the intended line can be reached by throwing either FH, or BH.

Back on topic. Where's the Volt? :|

Exactly...

I'm starting to wonder if we should start a riot, or maybe take hostages. Maybe MVP needs some motivation :)

Just announced, breaking news!

...Volt will be delayed till next summer due to manufacturing inconsistencies...

move along now, nothing to see here

There are only two distance drivers I want: the forthcoming Vibram and the Volt. Neither of them seem to be coming out until Spring at the earliest...siiiiiiigggghhhh.....