• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My 2019 ITB - Revised

fishballer06

Eagle Member
I just started playing last summer and I did a lot of experimenting with different brands and molds, trying to find what worked best for me. From the suggestion from friends and those of you on here, I finally feel like I've figured out my bag and filled all my slots a lot more efficiently. At this point, my BH drives are getting me 280-330' and my FH drives are getting me 250-300'.

Putters:
P2 - Glow P line. Main putting putter.
P2 - D line. Backup main putter, for when I'm not feeling the P line.
P1x - D line. 166g. Dead straight putter for circle 2 putts and short approach shots. Very floaty.
P3x - S line. For windy days and flick approaches.

Mids:
MD - Luster. Dead straight thrower. Its like a fast putter for drives and approaches.
MD3 - Color glow C line. Old Eagle claw version. Holds whatever line I put it on.
MD4 - Glow C line. Cresent Falcon 2. Overstable and reliable.
MD5 - Color glow C line. Euro Open edition. Very OS & a utility disc. Very straight on FH.
Deflector - Absolute beef. Lots of fade and big skips for when I need it on FH.

Fairways:
FD - Color glow C line. Night Strike 2. Thing is a laser beam. Very little turn/fade.
FD - D line. 168g. Very understable and great for anhyzer shots.
FD2 - S line. Little more OS for windy days.
CD2 - G line (experimenting with S and C line currently). Glides for days.
Felon - Hybrid. Flexes a little for me. Great for FH or BH. Pretty OS.
Felon - Lucid X. Very OS. Great for FH drives and hard dumps with a skip.

**I've been experimenting with the FD3 in Glow C line and the Doombird2 version, but I don't find it nearly as OS as the Felon.**

Drivers:
CD - 169g and pretty beat in. Big flex lines. On an Anny line, I can get my max distance and it will always fade back left for me.
CD - 175g and pretty fresh. Not quite as flippy, but that same great CD flight.
PD - Color glow C line. Dark Maul edition. Flies straight and fades nicely. OS for my distance and good for windy days.
CD3 - S line and 162g. Great driver for days when there's no wind.
CD3 - S line and 175g. Little more OS than it's lightweight brother.
Destroyer - S line and 171g. This thing is board flat and it's becoming my max distance FH driver.

**I have been known to swap my CD3's for a Wraith, depending on what I'm feeling.**

Hi.

I remember myself in the same situation as you when I started out, at least somewhat similar. I liked the D-line P2 on rainy days and the P-line on dry days. What happened to me, was that I was switching between the D-line and the P-line and I never really got used to it. I switched to a new putter to get my confidence back and I'm much more consistent now. I'm not saying you have the issue as I had, but at least something to think about. I think you should always have a putter you feel putting regardless of situation.

It also seem like you are missing a understable midrange. It also seem like you have somewhat of a overlap between MD5 and Deflector. I have never tried a Deflector, but I have tried a MD5 and it is pretty OS. Anyways I would probably buy a US midrange or buy some cheap plastic that beats in fast so you have that shot when you need it.

Anyways, nice bag!

Nice bag. Have you tried a C-line CD3?

Haven't tried a C-line CD3 yet, but I've thrown a Champion Wraith before, so I'm assuming they're pretty similar. I'm guessing the C-line CD3 is a little more OS?

I remember myself in the same situation as you when I started out, at least somewhat similar. I liked the D-line P2 on rainy days and the P-line on dry days. What happened to me, was that I was switching between the D-line and the P-line and I never really got used to it.

It also seem like you are missing a understable midrange. It also seem like you have somewhat of a overlap between MD5 and Deflector. I have never tried a Deflector, but I have tried a MD5 and it is pretty OS. Anyways I would probably buy a US midrange or buy some cheap plastic that beats in fast so you have that shot when you need it.

The Glow P line is my go to putter. I keep the D line in there in the event I have a few bad putts and feel like I need something to change it up a little. But I totally agree with you. I went to 8 weeks of putting league this winter and every week I tested a different plastic type (D, P, Glow P, Stiff P, Soft P) trying to find that perfect feel for me. The Glow P felt best for me, and D was a close 2nd. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll get more set in my ways.

I agree on the US mid, but the turnover shot is something I'm still trying to learn and work into my game. At this point, my MD and that 166g P1x are kind of filling that slot. Eventually I'll probably work a P or D line MD3 into the mix once I get more confident in my turnover shots.

On paper, they do seem to overlap. But when thrown FH, they are two totally different discs and I find myself throwing FH a lot. I can rip on the Deflector like it's a full force drive, and it stays straight and has that hard hyzer dump and big skip. My MD5's can't take as much power behind them on FH, and they usually have a softer fade when they land and they skid to a stop pretty quickly. So for my throwing style, they fly much differently.

Haven't tried a C-line CD3 yet, but I've thrown a Champion Wraith before, so I'm assuming they're pretty similar. I'm guessing the C-line CD3 is a little more OS?

I have one of each, and the C-line CD3 was a little bit more OS than the S-Line CD3, fresh out of the box. But we're not talking all that much more OS.

Try a 1 disc round with a P-MD3. It will be flippy by the end of the round unless you are playing on a golf course

Putters:
P2 - Glow P line. Main putting putter.
P2 - D line. Backup main putter, for when I'm not feeling the P line.
P1x - D line. 166g. Dead straight putter for circle 2 putts and short approach shots. Very floaty.
P3x - S line. For windy days and flick approaches.

Mids:
MD - Luster. Dead straight thrower. Its like a fast putter for drives and approaches.
MD3 - Color glow C line. Old Eagle claw version. Holds whatever line I put it on.
MD4 - Glow C line. Cresent Falcon 2. Overstable and reliable.
MD5 - Color glow C line. Euro Open edition. Very OS & a utility disc. Very straight on FH.
Deflector - Absolute beef. Lots of fade and big skips for when I need it on FH.

Fairways:
FD - Color glow C line. Night Strike 2. Thing is a laser beam. Very little turn/fade.
FD - D line. 168g. Very understable and great for anhyzer shots.
FD2 - S line. Little more OS for windy days.
CD2 - G line (experimenting with S and C line currently). Glides for days.
Felon - Hybrid. Flexes a little for me. Great for FH or BH. Pretty OS.
Felon - Lucid X. Very OS. Great for FH drives and hard dumps with a skip.

**I've been experimenting with the FD3 in Glow C line and the Doombird2 version, but I don't find it nearly as OS as the Felon.**

Drivers:
CD - 169g and pretty beat in. Big flex lines. On an Anny line, I can get my max distance and it will always fade back left for me.
CD - 175g and pretty fresh. Not quite as flippy, but that same great CD flight.
PD - Color glow C line. Dark Maul edition. Flies straight and fades nicely. OS for my distance and good for windy days.
CD3 - S line and 162g. Great driver for days when there's no wind.
CD3 - S line and 175g. Little more OS than it's lightweight brother.
Destroyer - S line and 171g. This thing is board flat and it's becoming my max distance FH driver.

**I have been known to swap my CD3's for a Wraith, depending on what I'm feeling.**

First tournament of 2019 is in the books and I've already tweaked my bag a little. I documenting this more for my own goods, but feel free to comment.

Putters:
P2 x2 - Glow P and D line.
P1x - D line. C2 putts and approaches
P3x - S line. Throwing putter.

Mids:
MD - Luster.
MD3 x2 - Color glow C line and P line.
MD4 - Glow C line.
Deflector - Beef.

Fairways:
FD x2 - Color glow C line and D line.
FD2 - Color glow C line
CD2 x2 - G and S line.
Instinct - Neo.
FD3 - Swirly S line.
Felon - Lucid X.

Drivers:
CD x2 - S line. One beat, one fresh.
PD - Color glow C line.
Wraith x2 - Pro and S line.

A few new molds have came out from Discmania that have worked their way into my bag, and I've tweaked some molds to better fit my arm. Here's where I'm at now:

Putters:
P2 x2 - Glow P and D line. Putting putters
P1x x2- D line and Swirly S line. C2 putts and approaches, short drives and ups.
Tiger Warrior - Throwing putter.

Mids:
MD3 x3 - Color glow C line, Glow Metal Flake and P line.
Method - Neo.

Fairways:
FD x3 - Color glow C line, Luster, and D line.
FD2 x 2 - Color glow C line (one beat, one fresh)
CD2 x2 - G and S line.
FD3 - Swirly S line.

Drivers:
CD x2 - S line. One beat, one fresh.
PD x2 - Color glow C line, Metal Flake C line.
CD3 - Swirly S line.
PDX - C line. FH drives.
DD3 - S line. This is super beef for my arm speed.

Latest posts