• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Myrtle beach 6/21-6/27

Once upon a time I used to live there. (Hence the name)
Use the link to the Facebook page in my signature. It's a great place to meet up with some locals.

Russ, nice to see you again.

I just checked the map as my annual MB vacation is upcoming and it looks like not much has changed since last year except Socastee seems to have improved.

The past few years (all the years I've been actually) I've just kept the bag at home since nothing seemed worthwhile to take the time away from my family. Maybe this time if there is room in the truck I'll throw a couple of discs in and check out Socastee.

I'll be down the beginning of August, how's the insect population in the woods at that time of the year Russ? That will be the determining factor if I drag my family along or not.

Russ, nice to see you again.

I just checked the map as my annual MB vacation is upcoming and it looks like not much has changed since last year except Socastee seems to have improved.

The past few years (all the years I've been actually) I've just kept the bag at home since nothing seemed worthwhile to take the time away from my family. Maybe this time if there is room in the truck I'll throw a couple of discs in and check out Socastee.

I'll be down the beginning of August, how's the insect population in the woods at that time of the year Russ? That will be the determining factor if I drag my family along or not.

Hey man, it's been awhile!! I'm hearing a lot of good things about Socastee! I need to get back to play it again. I played it when it was 9 holes, partially cleared, and no baskets! lol Wasn't going to let a move keep me from hitting it! ;)

Insects... I haven't heard how bad they are definitively, but bring some spray if you can. This is going to suck, but avoid the cool of the day part. As the sun warms up the place, the mosquitoes retreat.

Cool, thanks. Are there leagues?

I know they do have something, but I'm not sure what days is what. I know they have a weekly doubles, or they did have. I'm not sure if they have a League per say, but I know that they do get together weekly. I guess I've been out of the loop. lol If you go to that page, they'll definitely let you know what's up. I made that page for locals, and for Travelers looking to meet up. When I made it, I only knew of one other player at the time. lol Had to roost them out some way or another! ;)