• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mystery Ranch bag

I love the retractable pockets I idea, I would buy another bag if someone (cough, GB, cough) put that kind of thing on a lower end bag like my Chimp. In the summer I pack pretty light, but during the rest of the year I take extra layers and gloves with me and the Chimp doesn't quite accommodate.

Finally got another chance to see one of these bags. Hands down the best backpack on the market and the most comfy one on your back. Same size as a Revo and Simian. If you play big courses this is your bag. Way to raise the bar Mystery Ranch.

i got to check out Matty Orum's Golf Mahal bag today. Man...that harness is choice! I love how awesome it it disperses weight on my bag. I wore it around the house for 10 minutes and could never tell it was loaded up. While i love my GB/Revo's.....having now wore the bag....its completely legit!

While it's overkill for my normal range of plastic i carry...it really doesn't make a difference as the harness really works fabulous!

the price range still scares me...but wowz...its a tourney bag for sure!

I got to check out one of these when a guy from Texas was up in KC last week. Solty is on point, the harness is out of this world. You can tell that the company designs tactical bags for the military; the bag rides like air.

So how are these holding up? What's everyone's opinions now that they've been out a while?

I use it all the time, but I also carry 30+ discs at a time cause i'm crazy like that. It's a beast, no complaints.

it is the best bag I have ever owned. worth the money. I had 27 discs in it last count. It could easily hold 10 more.

Lovin the bag as well. Ive had mine since spring and not one complaint other than zj is a lucky bastard because he got an older one with the pencil holder :)

Its easily the best ive owned. My back probs have decreased 10 fold and it has done wonders on distributing the weight as well as comfort carrying loads of stuff. Ive gotten nothing but compliments about it and people love the look and design. The price doesnt seem to bother anybody who ive shown it to. They just look at it like you pay for quality. Its worth the $$ and im very happy

If this is loaded with 25-30 discs, would there still be room for a jacket/goodies and normal extra shizz?

IMG_20111121_181726.jpg

25 drivers,2 putters, abd one whole side pocket big enough to pack a hoodie and the small side pockets can be used for snacks and randoms

Sloppy Disc has one of these. It looks too well made for disc golf frankly, lol. They are pretty amazing bags. The only knock I can see against it is it seems to fall over a lot.

Booter said:
...other than zj is a lucky bastard because he got an older one with the pencil holder :)...
Is that the older version or a newer version? I've had mine for a little over a year, no pencil holder. A buddy of mine ordered and received his less than two months ago and he has a pencil holder.

As for the bag, it is a great bag. There's a few small things I'd change, but overall I'm extremely happy with it. Room for everything I want to carry and it fits perfectly and doesn't hurt my back.

I think I'll have one of these soon. Score. If I end up not caring for it, back to a good ole gorilla boy

dgdave said:
I think I'll have one of these soon. Score. If I end up not caring for it, back to a good ole gorilla boy

Dave,

After you get your mahal could you please give us a comparison between it and the simian?

I am thinking about getting a backpack style bag and love my kong but the simian would be downgrading in the number of discs I would be able to carry. Each of these bags had one feature that overrides the other.

The simian feature is obvious....you can sit on it. The hold up for me is the number of discs I would be able to carry on the course.

What I really like about the mahal is the expandability for more gear/discs and the umbrella holder. I would really like to know more about the yoke system and how well it carries the added weight of more discs.

Maybe mr.gorilla boy is reading this and could possibly reinvent the simian with the umbrella holder and more room for kong amount of discs.

Or if someone would let chris get a closer look at their mahal for r&d purposes that would be even better....hint hint help the evolution and someone that is doing good things by creating gear that lasts for disc golfers by a disc golfer.