• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mystery Ranch bag

The Mystery Ranch bag is the best deisgned backpack disc golf bags i have ever seen. None of the strap issues that you guys are talking about with this bag. A bunch of little to medium pockets as well. I played a round with a guy that had one. Felt better than the Revo and is more versitile. It is not as huge as people think also. The collapsing sides are just awesome and are big enough to hold a 6pack with ice packs on each side. Top notch quality and well worth the 285. I havent seen a GB Sim yet in person so i can not compare the two.

Ive owned this bag for 6 months and it is the best piece of equipment I own. Golf in Montana isnt simply a matter of strolling through a manicured park. Having a bag that is actually designed ( by a top of the line custom backpack manufacturer ) to perform takes alot of stress out of a competitive round. The yoke system is designed to distribute the entire load along the length of your back resulting in less fatigue. Comparing this bag to a revolution is a joke. Its a little pricey but when you actually use it you see where your money is going. as far as the goofy looks are concerned, its gear not art. Levi ( the designer ) will be at the Memorial with a few bags if anyone wants to try them out and your always welcome to take mine for a test drive as well. trust me, they are in a league of their own and worth every penny!

pandabomb said:
Ive owned this bag for 6 months and it is the best piece of equipment I own. Golf in Montana isnt simply a matter of strolling through a manicured park. Having a bag that is actually designed ( by a top of the line custom backpack manufacturer ) to perform takes alot of stress out of a competitive round. The yoke system is designed to distribute the entire load along the length of your back resulting in less fatigue. Comparing this bag to a revolution is a joke. Its a little pricey but when you actually use it you see where your money is going. as far as the goofy looks are concerned, its gear not art. Levi ( the designer ) will be at the Memorial with a few bags if anyone wants to try them out and your always welcome to take mine for a test drive as well. trust me, they are in a league of their own and worth every penny!

hi levi

but seriously, i think it looks decent as well as functional

pandabomb said:
I think why most people are bad talking this is because most people don't really NEED that much space. It is probably well designed and if a smaller version is made then I am sure a lot of people will jump at it.
Edit: BTW I am a disc whore not a bag whore so take my post with a grain of salt.

Frank Delicious said:
How many discs do you usually carry in the Pandabomb?
right now I have 13 in the main part and 2 putters in the front. in the summer ill bump it up a disc or two but it fits pretty good now. I like keeping extra stuff in the side pockets like layers, towels, keys and a camelback during tournaments. if you wanted to max out the bag with discs youve got space for roughly 17ish drivers in the main and 9ish drivers in each one of the sides, with 2 up front that makes 37 give or take a few for all you Daves out there!! BTW im not Levi. :lol:

Seth

frank, this could easily double as a beer carrying device, also you could prolly fit a baby on that thing for all you parents out there, maybe you cant find a sitter, wife isnt home, but you wanna play disc. Easy, just put all 30 discs you own in the other pockets, throw the kid in the main compartment, strap him in,

412ec8f5a8aa6e002edcba0419c88a07.jpg

you can even hook him up to the high tech h20 distribution extension so as to fend off the dehydration

Frank Delicious said:
Follow up question. Do you feel like carrying that thing around for 15 discs is overkill?
the main compartment fits 15 discs pretty well with some room to wiggle around. When I am playing my rounds this time of year (its cold and snowy and its a mountain course) Im carrying alot of extra stuff like layers and towels ect. so it works pretty well for that, come summer time I will max it out and be ready to go. Its really not as big as it looks, its about as wide as a Carolina. The thing that makes it look big is the triangle space above the discs connecting to the straps. This is integral to the overall Yoke system and distributes the weight along the back, plus it gives you some room to grab discs while the rainfly is down in bad weather ( this is a great feature by the way). Is this thing a park bag, no. It is a little overkill for the casual round, but the beauty of it is you can cinch the sides down and not worry about the extra space if your not using it. and its great as a beer carrying device, the side pockets are the same size as a six pack (another awesome feature!) :D

Seth

Looks sweet. Thumbs up.

Having said that, I don't ever expect to carry enough stuff to need a bag that big myself. I know lots of people that like to have the kitchen sink with them though, and it looks great for that. The price wouldn't turn me off if I was looking for a top of the line bag with this much capacity. But you have to ask yourself if it's going to do you better than a simian.

Price drop!
The Golf Mahal is now 259$
This goes for existing orders as well!
Thanks Levi!!

so if we called in our order already, we still get the lower price?! SWEET!!!

If there are still some of these left in the first run, it would be wise to get your order in people, quality is quality and that is what you want in a bag

sweet price drop! thanks

resurrecting this thread off the 4th page... why? because mine arrives thursday or friday.. that why!!! so excited. i love buying new dg bags. i will be sure to post up a small write up. anxious to see how the "yoke" system works and how comfortable it is, all decked out.

I sent Levi an email a while ago about acquiring a bag and I have yet to hear back from him. Odd...

Jeronimo said:
I sent Levi an email a while ago about acquiring a bag and I have yet to hear back from him. Odd...

not saying you did anything wrong by emailing him, I straight up called them up to place my order. i know they only had a certain number going out in this first shipment. but I also had great interactions with levi as well, so maybe he didn't get the email or something? i dont know :(

Got my Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal in the mail last Thursday.

I used it friday night for some night golf, saturday afternoon, and sunday all afternoon. I carried 22-24 discs, towels, drinks on both sides, and a golden retriever.

Most peoples first reaction was "wow that bag is huge." Granted I did have the sides pushed out to their max capacity, but it is doesn't feel any heavier than my revolution dual pack. The weight distribution is great, it felt like I could wear it all day for a 4 day tournament if I needed to.

The instructions they provide with the pack are fairly easy to understand. They basically tell you to have a friend help you fit yoke system to the right level on your back, so the pack rests comfortably to the shape of your shoulders and back.

I showed the guys at the night mini on friday what all the bag offered. Capacity, comfort, drink holders, umbrella holder, rain flap, and adjustable straps... the typical response from the local disc golfers here was "wow that has everything you would want in a disc golf bag." I tend to agree with that response. I am very happy with this purchase, and hell.. you just can't beat a LIFETIME warranty. So if you can afford to spend a few extra bux and you want something that is tournament ready. I personally would recommend this bag. I can't see myself ever needing to switch.

Oh and for all you disc/gear vultures out there, no you cannot have dibs on my old revo dual pack, as I am selling it to a friend here in town. Haha! Lemme know if you are curious about anything else on the bag.. I have only tested it for 3 days, but it screams quality so far.

Latest posts