• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name your three most used discs with percentages

Short course behind my house:
Truth
Kite
TeeBird

depends on which way the hole turns.

Very course dependent and hole dependent. To make it more general I listed them in groups, from understable to overstable

Longer courses
1. Tern/Destroyer
2. Buzzz SS/Buzzz/Hornet
3. Roadrunner/Valk/Beast/Orc

Shorter courses
1. Roadrunner/Valk/Beast/Orc
2. Buzzz SS/Buzzz/Hornet
3. Aviar

My primary putter is an ION.

For shots outside of putting circle, it would be:
Teebird 55%
Virus 15%
Glide 30%

You need to drive that ion more :)

I carry a lot of discs but the ion gets majority of shots from tee to basket. Specially on a shorter course where 75% of the holes might be ion only throws.

The last few rounds I played I threw the Harp on about 35% of shots and on 50% of holes total. The Firebird 25% and Justice 20%.

#hyzermuch

Ion is easily 40-50%. Some days it can be as high as 60-70%. Next is probably the Orbital at 15%, then Wave at 5-10%.

Lately its been:

Elite X Nuke: 25
Proton Wave: 35
Elite X Soft Challenger: 40

I didnt like my wave for a long time but now that my form is better it makes more sense. Before that it was my Valk. I really dig the soft challenger for mids and upshots, (also great for anny-flex when needed), before i could handle my nuke it was a light boss. All prob same %.

Axiom Proxy: 60%
Discraft Avenger SS: 15%
MVP Volt: 15%
Other discs: 10%

I carry 14 discs and two putters for most courses.

Off the tee:Westside Tournament Northman or Westside Tournament Sorcerer are my go to discs. More than 50% of the time.

Fairway: Innova Star Sidewinder or Westside VIP Seer. About 30%

Approach: Innova G Star Roc 3 or Dynamic Discs Fuzion Judge
(Just picked up a Lat 64 Compass, so far, me likee)

I gave up carrying a bag about five years ago. Everyone's game is a little different I guess, but I've demonstrated to my personal satisfaction that I play better using only a handful of discs.

Used to be, I was using a four disc DX line up: BB Aviar, Roc, Eagle, Valkyrie. My percentages were probably somewhere around 20% Valk, 16% Eagle, 40% Roc and 24% Aviar.

Last spring I switched to a three disc line up in premium plastics: KC glow Aviar, KC Roc, Star Sidewinder. My percentages with this line up are probably pretty close to 33% for each disc.

Most Used Discs?

Axiom Envy - my go to driving putter. If it is a shorter course (250 feet holes) I use it on almost every drive. Overall, probably 30%

Axiom Clash - this disc is so reliable, it is insane. Always holds the same beautiful little S-line.
About 50% of my throws.

Discraft Buzzz - hyzerflip up to go straight, glide for days. the remaining 20%.

Very much course dependent, and hard to get real percentages, but I will try, to wit:

About 85-90% of my approaches/upshots, and tee shots less than 200 ft, are with the Star Stud and Star Colt. The percentage between them varies with wind/weather and specific shot needs.

Next up would have to be the Star Tern, which I throw on most long drives. Probably 67% of my long drives are with it (the rest are usually with the Fury or the Sidewinder).

My most often used control driver is the River, which I throw about 67% if not more when throwing a control driver.

Mids? Hmmm, probably no single answer there...