• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name your three most used discs with percentages

Crave 25%
Proxy 30%
Envy 20%

Everything else (Usually Theory, Inspire, and Inertia) 25%

Buzzz 1/4, Harp 1/4, Felon 1/4

Rest 1/4: Sentinel & Enforcer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Densely wooded courses with par 4s

X comet
Star wraith
ESP flash
Z buzzz

Open courses with few woods

Star destroyer
Legacy rival
Z buzzz
Star wraith

Most of my drives are with the Ascent (75%) - Not happy that Vibram quit making them by the way.
Shorter drives are with the Warship.
Other discs are only used once or twice a round on average.
Most upshots and all putts are with putters. I usually carry three different molds of putters. They're the backbone of my game.

Buzzz 20%
Wraith 10%
Wave 5%
Freedom 5%

I doubt the accuracy of the percentages but the last few rounds I have been trying out the Wave & Freedom so in the long run those numbers will change.

Star Monster 45%
Champ Wraith 40%
Star Roadrunner 15%

Besides your putting putters, name your three most used discs and estimate the percentage you use them on average relative to your full bag. I only play with 3-5 discs so I'm curious what people with full bags use most often.

Proton Envy 15%
Pro Squall 10%
World's Star Tern 8%

I had to think through my throws on my home course to get these numbers. Luckily that course is pretty widely varied. My Envy is mostly an approach/trouble disc. WST is my max d which I get to throw exactly 5 times on the average day. Squall is current go-to mid off the tee. Squall and Envy numbers might flip depending on the course. I putt with an Atom, which I would estimate at about 35% usage versus the rest of the bag.

Besides my putter, I'd say DX Gazelle, Tiger Line Wings, Star Viper but it would depend on the coarse. On longer courses, the Roadrunner and MOLF would probably replace the Gazelle and Viper.

Just for fun, I kept track yesterday.

Total strokes: 56 (ouch)
Putts: 27 (more ouch)
OB: 2
Non-putts: 27

most frequent:
Z Predator (22% if you count the two I carry; only 15% if it's the one I threw 4x)
Star Teebird (15%)
Then Nuke, Zone, and Polecat tied for third with 11%

Totally depends on the course and conditions. It would be interesting to keep track over a season and look back.

Not sure on exact percentages, but probably:

Wizard (throwers, not putters)
Rival
Firebird

for throws-

Compass- 40%

Mercy- 35%

Harp- 15%

10% for all the rest of my discs off the tee.

I'm good with those up to about 325ft.

I actually took data on this last year, but the computer I had them on kind of went poof, so I'm not sure.

The thing is, even if I had it, the story over several rounds would have no mold specific pattern, as discs in the bag get changed out a lot.

Latest posts