• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nashville Tennessee DG...

ChrisWoj

Common Core Crusader
Silver level trusted reviewer
So, I'm planning on being in Nashville, TN for an all day job interview on December 18th. Once its done I wouldn't mind checking out a course, and maybe a couple the next day... but is there any website/forum for the community in the area? I can't find anything online through Google, DGCR, or anything so far. Maybe it just isn't there, but was hoping someone from the area could maybe point me in the right direction. Wouldn't mind finding out about any Sunday leagues that might be going on or something. :p

-Chris.

www.wcdgc.com will get you some info for courses south of Nashville and a forum to get you in touch with some locals.

www.tndiscgolf.com will get you some more info too. Slowroll on DGCR is the guy who put up this site, try to PM him for info on weekend action.

Arrdee33 on DGCR is my brother and is also local and might be willing to meet up with on Sunday to play. Send him a PM too. He is very familiar with all the Nashville courses as well.

If you have extra time, and you want to get in a quick round at a nice course. There is a real nice 10 holer on the southside of town. I played it in about 40-45 minutes. ...ish I enjoyed it!

Liberty Park

So, I'm planning on being in Nashville, TN for an all day job interview on December 18th. Once its done I wouldn't mind checking out a course, and maybe a couple the next day... but is there any website/forum for the community in the area? I can't find anything online through Google, DGCR, or anything so far. Maybe it just isn't there, but was hoping someone from the area could maybe point me in the right direction. Wouldn't mind finding out about any Sunday leagues that might be going on or something. :p

-Chris.

I live local to Nashville and play all the time. PM me if you like. There is a local doubles tournament at 7 oaks every sunday morning. Starts at 11am but get there early.

Last edited:
I am here in Nashville as well. There is doubles at Smyrna (which is a must course to hit along with Cedar Hill) on Sunday at 2:30pm. You can PM me as well. And yes Liberty park is a waste of time with so many good courses around. I would play Cedar Hill, Smyrna and if you have time 7 oaks.

Is it possible to play both the 11a and the 2:30p leagues on Sunday? That'd be awesome if the first is quick enough and they're close enough. :D

I know some people did when the second one was at 330. I don't know if you can play both now since we moved the 330 to 230. They are only about 20 mins from each other. PM me for quicker directions from one to the other. The first league at 7 Oaks is a handicapper. The 230 one is just normal doubles.

Is it possible to play both the 11a and the 2:30p leagues on Sunday? That'd be awesome if the first is quick enough and they're close enough. :D

They probably play slow at 7 oaks, I've heard that course dubbed "7 tokes":D

(allegedly, of course)

Hey Chris. I had the pleasure of meeting you when you got my son and I on at Redstone last year. If there is anything I can do to help you while you are here, just let me know. I've tried to keep the local events schedule updated on the tndiscgolf site listed above, but this will be my last year of doing that. Several guys try to hit up both on Sundays, so as long as you eat lunch on the road in between, you should be able to do them both.

Are you talking about Liberty Park? Kind of a waste of time, what with 7 Oaks and Cedar Hill in the area, don't cha think?

Define waste of time. Since you are local to the area, I know how you would think that. Now for me, I elude to this in my review of the course, I was traveling through Nashville, from Iowa to B'ham. I didn't have 2 hours to take on an 18 hole course, so I was limited to a 9 hole course type. For only having 10 holes, this course has every thing except water hazards and 8 more holes. Take that out of the equation, then what have you got to complain about? Plays uphill/downhill, varying terrain, doglegs, open field distance shot, great signs with maps & tee hooks, Nice billboard map, multiple tee's, well defined fairways, beautiful surroundings... should I continue?

I'm starting to believe I know who :thmbdown: my review.

I've played a lot of nice 9 hole courses, I've played some schlocky ones. One of my home courses is a schlocky 9 hole course. This 10 hole course, is one of the nicest I've been to. Now, if you go back and read what I said, here, I'll quote myself

If you have extra time, and you want to get in a quick round at a nice course.
Liberty Park

What is implied here is that, if you have time left over after playing other courses, and you are short on time, this is a really nice course to hit. Well worth your time.

Don't hate the course! It is a nice course!

Last edited:
Define waste of time. Since you are local to the area, I know how you would think that. Now for me, I elude to this in my review of the course, I was traveling through Nashville, from Iowa to B'ham. I didn't have 2 hours to take on an 18 hole course, so I was limited to a 9 hole course type. For only having 10 holes, this course has every thing except water hazards and 8 more holes. Take that out of the equation, then what have you got to complain about? Plays uphill/downhill, varying terrain, doglegs, open field distance shot, great signs with maps & tee hooks, Nice billboard map, multiple tee's, well defined fairways, beautiful surroundings... should I continue?

I'm starting to believe I know who :thmbdown: my review.

I've played a lot of nice 9 hole courses, I've played some schlocky ones. One of my home courses is a schlocky 9 hole course. This 10 hole course, is one of the nicest I've been to. Now, if you go back and read what I said, here, I'll quote myself

What is implied here is that, if you have time left over after playing other courses, and you are short on time, this is a really nice course to hit. Well worth your time.

Don't hate the course! It is a nice course!

Settle down hombre. I said it was a waste of time because your telling an out of towner to go there when there are several other great courses in the area. And I wasn't aware of your review but your gettin a thumbs down now just for the helluva it.

And I don't hate the course. I play there regularly. Liberty and Crockett can be a great day of disc golfing. But if you come to Nashville and miss 7 Tokes or Cedar Hell than I feel sorry for ya. Maybe you should go read MY review of Liberty. Then give me a thumbs down and we'll call it even.

Pardon me, I just seen where the latest review got hit, along with all of the others, and then I read that. My apologies. :eek:
I guess sometimes text can be hard to gauge the tone of what a person is saying.

Sorry bout that! :)

It's all good. Fact is, anywhere in Nashville you chose to play is gold. Nashville truly is disc golf rich. Compared to some of the courses I've played while traveling Liberty is amazing. Even 2 Rivers, the locally hated course, is better than most.

I originally planned to hit Cedar Hill, but thanks to a wreck in St Louis, and construction, I lost all my extra time. I ended up coming into Nashville right smack dab at 5pm. Liberty became my fallback, because it was only 10 holes. I was working on getting my 10th state played. One day, I would like to spend all day in Nashville, because all the courses there look great! There was another one in Brentwood that looked nice as well. I considered it, because it was right off the interstate.