• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need another mid range

i love my beat up dx whippet. it flies great, even when i power down on it. it is reliable and if you crank down on one (assuming they are beat up) it flies on a line, then a nice break at the end. good forehand soft flick disc too!

You could stick with the hive and get a Hornet. Others I like, but didn't make it into my bag (Spot reserved for my Champ Gator). Are the Pain (nice glide), The Sentinal (closest to kicking out my Gator), Whippet (uber overstable, maybe too much?), or a Champ Roc (just right imo, it's also pretty close to the Wasp in stability). You could also just buy another Wasp?

Drone if you want junk in the trunk (OS with little glide-is killer for spike hyzers, skip shots, and distance control)

Or, the next three fly very similiar: think Predator/Firebird-like midranges; overstable, but with a bit more speed/glide than a Drone.

Hornet if you <3 Discraft.
MVP Vector if you want to be trendy.
Sentinel if you want to be old school.

I find myself throwing my Hornet less and less and throwing my Predator for overstable mid shots. Far more predictability.

What I use the Hornet for now is any shot where normally I'd be using a Buzzz, but am throwing into a headwind. Or a Buzzz type shot that I need some good healthy fade at the end.

Drone. Z Drone is nice, ESP FLX Drone is good too. or try a Zone. the xXx is a bump higher in speed from the Wasp/Buzzz, while the Drone is pretty comparable.

Squall Love

I have been having good success with my 176g DGA Squall. Don't see a lot of DGA love on the forums but they are a mainstay in my bag.

Someone that is bored some day needs to count the "best overstable mid" threads. I bet there are over 100. I think it may be the most common thread that gets started on DGCR. The answers are always the same because there are not that many choices. I personally carry a Q Sentinel but also will use my 11X Firebird for mid range shots where I want some curve or skip or sidearm into a headwind or strong headwind duties.