• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Need Help Discing Down!

Hahaha... baaack to OP:

I think of course you should get a midrange and putter in your bag. Start driving with a putter, maybe an Anode or something that will really respond to your form to make sure you have good release, etc. The Axis is also a great midrange to reveal any flaws in your throws. It's a good, helpful challenging disc to learn. As for the Boss, as others have recommended, I'd look into a fairway driver for all of your drives for sure. You will be able to push them out to ~300' eventually no problem, especially with good throws.

In my experience with them though, I wouldn't recommend starting with a TeeBird, especially a Champion. They're probably going to be too overstable for the things you are trying to learn to do. A DX might be a different story, but I would absolutely recommend a Pro Leopard to you, maybe 170g or lighter looking at your distances now.

Focusing on control above distance right now is how you'll step your game up. The Leo is perfect for controlled shots, and it'll give you that distance you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Well today I took the drivers out of my bag and only threw putters. I was getting them out to about 190-220. But that took a few throws before. I realize I tend to put on an anny or some unintentional OAT. Needless to say, I'm going to keep using my putters for a while and hope to become more consistent with them.

Putter only rounds are great chances to learn. I also use a Fuse with a putter round once in a while. The Fuse is very unforgiving of OAT and bad form. Another thing I'd recommend is playing putter and mid rounds on long courses. I used to play putter rounds on a very short course. It taught me how to throw a putter 200'. Yippee. Use your putter off the tee on longer courses and in field work, and you can learn to throw your putter 250', 300' or even more. Good luck.

Throw those putters buddy!

I like to watch bowling too, because I use my time wisely as well...

Dude, Roc Lover raped Stud Muffin in this thread. One of the best series of burn posts ever posted on this site, if I do say so myself.

Teebird or Stalker.. Eagle is also great. Make sure you are carrying a good Putter & Mid-Range before you worry about drivers.

My discing down story of the weekend: #2 at the course here, 230' to the basket. I send a slight hyzer (rhfh) around the trees/powerlines in front of the teebox and it lands about 20' past the basket.

Friend says "ooh, too far."

I say "well, it was my putter."

Latest posts