• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need help with my DIY pull cart

mojorisin35

Birdie Member
I need help with my DIY pull cart. I have tried to email the two owners of these carts to no avail hence I call out to you my DGCR brethren.

Any ideas as to what the tubes they used to build their carts are? I have looked at my local Mr. Fix it like shops and there is PVC pipe which weighs a ton and will not work, any suggestions?

Thank you
Gary

P1010389.jpg

cart%25202.jpg

It's probably thin walled square metal tubing. Probably low grade steel. NEVERMIND - I thought you were talking about the frame of the cart.

Last edited:
no I have the cart I'm looking for ideas on the tube which is holding the discs. thanks for the input though
Gary

I think I found what you're looking for: Link to Photo on Flickr

Down below the photo in the comments section, the guy says he uses round cardboard tubing commonly used as a form for pouring concrete. Probably something like this.

Those 2 carts were actually originally for ball golf but later converted to disc golf. Check out some other threads about carts and you will see some other great carts. You can find cheap carts on craigslist and you may also want to check out jogging strollers, they work great too. Good luck in your search.

A few guys I disc with built some of the golf bag carts. They just zip tied some old cd organizers (the wire type) to the frame to hold discs. They look good and are functional. All the parts are from thrift stores.

Lots of cool ideas I have found the concrete form locally, I will trim the edges of the openings with automotive door edge trim and maybe fashion some doors for the top and bottom compartments. I wonder what they used for the floor of the top and bottom compartments, and the top and bottom caps. Any ideas?

I have a similar idea, and thought of using 10-12" diameter PVC pipe as well...very sturdy, can make attachments to it...but thought too about the weight of that size of PVC, even schedule 20 or lower would be heavy...

I looked inside of a golf bag, and they use a plastic tube as the main chamber form. I haven't tried to find a source for that material, but I bet it is available.

Some thoughts, use bottom section as a holder for a standard off the shelf cooler.

I considered picking up old golf bags from Goodwill and thrift stores and modifying them for discs...but that looks way too complicated. Lots of resewing in zippers....but it might give a source for inexpensive materials...hmmm...will have to reconsider that one...might work...will post my results.