Pilot Mountain, NC

Nelson Acres DGC

Permanent course
2.935(based on 28 reviews)
White tee navigation tips (as of 06-20-2020):
- If possible, play with someone familiar with the course, as the white tees can be a little confusing or impossible to find. Three of the first four holes don't seem to have white tee markers at all, which is a very confusing way to start.
- I imagine that many of these tips apply to the gold tees as well.
- The hole markers are at the blue tees. Note the positions of the white tees on the hole marker to help you find the white tees, where possible.
- Note that on some holes there are alternate basket locations not marked on the tee marker.
- Also note on the card the direction from the basket to the next teeing area. Generally the baskets have an arrow on the pole pointing toward the next hole, but not always.
- Generally, if the tee is in a grassy area or on a walking trail, the white tee area will be two rocks, or sometimes just one. They will be flush with the ground and the white paint may not be recently updated, making them very hard to see.
- #1 has no white tee marker that I could find.
- #2 has a single rock in the middle of the gravel road straight ahead of the blue tee pad that could possibly be the white marker. I just played it from the blues, as otherwise you have a significantly downhill runup.
- #3 has a single stone marker, very hard to find as it is small and not recently painted. It's not clear what the actual bounds of the tee box are.
- #4 has no apparent marker. I had to just pace off the distance.
- #5 is the first hole with clear and unambiguous white tee markers, flush to the ground, clearly painted white, about 110 feet from the blue tee pad. Pace off the distance to find them.
- #6 is the first hole that is in the woods and doesn't share real estate with the walking trails. The white tees is clearly marked by two white stones sitting above ground and easily visible. That is generally the case for the woodsy holes if they aren't using a walking trail as fairway.
- #7, a very short, very downhill par 3, has a shared tee for all the layouts.
- #8 has a clearly marked tee that is at all the way at the turn of the dogleg for the blue tees
- #9 has an actual tee box for the white tees, on the upslope you can see from the blue tee. (but it is poorly maintained, currently, and the line needs some trimming)
- #10 tee is marked by the trunks of two trees on the right side of the fairway.
- #11 and #12 have white markers flush with the ground. Look at the blue tee marker and pace off your distance to find them.
- #13 and #14 are in the woods and well marked.
- #15 white tee is well down the powerline easement, past the crest of the next hill. The stones aren't very visible, but the tee box is stony and well beat in. The runup will be a little tricky.
- #16 is in the woods and well marked.
- #17 has a single stone, just over the bridge to the right of the walking trail. I played this as if the width of the walking trail was the tee box.
- #18 does not seem to have a tee marker. I just paced off the appropriate distance from the blue tee.

Latest posts