• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

• Here's some more information for folks:
    • The bottom and body of the bag are made of 1680d nylon (TOUGH!).
    • The seams are tough, too, double stitched where they need it.
    • The straps are built in and were designed by our developer who has been designing high end backpacking packs for many years--they are a major contributing factor, combined with the weight distribution and back padding, to its incredible comfort and lightness on your back.
    • We believe in this product so much that it will come with a lifetime warranty protecting against defects in materials and craftsmanship.

We are working hard toward a mid-summer release with a pre sale process to begin in the next couple of weeks. Pre sale customers will be the FIRST to receive their bags when we get our inventory.

At the outset, we will exclusively be offering these for direct sale to customers. But we will ultimately be working to get these available for wholesale to retailers and clubs.

Send an email to [email protected] to get on the email list and be notified when we have more specifics nailed down and are accepting pre orders!

what kind of zippers are we looking at? If they're stud i may have to have on of these. 8)

I'm on the list too and can't wait to buy one, would like to see about 1 million up close pics of the bag though. The only reservation I have is the lack of a cage in the bottom. We'll see how that goes, but I can't wait to throw money at that sweet bag!

jnecessary said:
I'm on the list too and can't wait to buy one, would like to see about 1 million up close pics of the bag though. The only reservation I have is the lack of a cage in the bottom. We'll see how that goes, but I can't wait to throw money at that sweet bag!

I have the same concern. One of the nice things about a cage is that it doesn't let your discs move up and down while in the bag. When I take the cage out of my Revo bag I notice the stamps on my discs see a little more wear than normal because of this. I want in on this wait list too, I'll gladly throw my money at Justin. Just waiting for him to let me know when.

jnecessary said:
I hear you about more photos. I did get a little bit of a look this weekend at the beaver state fling though, and liked what I saw.

As for the cage, I think going without one is the way to go. I've had a run with most of the reputable disc bags and none comes close to the comfort and simplicity of the frameless design of the phenix bags.

Jeronimo said:
One of the nice things about a cage is that it doesn't let your discs move up and down while in the bag. When I take the cage out of my Revo bag I notice the stamps on my discs see a little more wear than normal because of this.
Probably because it's designed for use with the cage in place. This doesn't seem to be an issue with bags like the phenix where the discs are meant to be stored without any frame in place. From what I've seen of the Grip backpack the discs rest snugly in their housing so I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. My concern is more related to whether it will hold all the rest of my crap other than discs without being a pita.

Anyway, like the rest of you I am looking forward to seeing one of these arrive at my doorstep sometime soon. I might wait on the smaller disc capacity model though, we'll see how the timeline looks.

Jeronimo said:
jnecessary said:

I have the same concern. One of the nice things about a cage is that it doesn't let your discs move up and down while in the bag. When I take the cage out of my Revo bag I notice the stamps on my discs see a little more wear than normal because of this. I want in on this wait list too, I'll gladly throw my money at Justin. Just waiting for him to let me know when.

It doesn't need a cage. I talked to Justin about a roll cage when I saw an early proto. He said that he wanted to keep as much unnecessary plastic and non-environment-friendly products out of the bag as possible. He said there was ways around keeping a plastic cage out of the bag and he found a way. Outside of being a serious disc golfer and a smart designer, Justin has a design philosophy that considers the environmental impact of his designs. Justin designed this bag to not fatigue disc golfers or the environment.

Eric O said:
As for the cage, I think going without one is the way to go. I've had a run with most of the reputable disc bags and none comes close to the comfort and simplicity of the frameless design of the phenix bags.

The Phenix bags are kind of an anomaly though, since the Line-X kind of functions as a frame itself. I totally agree that the frameless design works well there, but I wonder if it'd be so great without the Line-X? On a couple of occasions, I've carried discs in my old frameless PDGA bag, and Revo Mini sans plastic thingy (dunno if that can really qualify as a "frame"), and those were noticeably worse than my other bags I've had with frames.

I'd buy it just to support Justin...good guy, seems to have the right idea in mind for how to design a good disc golf bag. Big plus getting a company already established in making niche bags to help out with the logistics.

some call me...tim? said:
Eric O said:

The Phenix bags are kind of an anomaly though, since the Line-X kind of functions as a frame itself. I totally agree that the frameless design works well there, but I wonder if it'd be so great without the Line-X? On a couple of occasions, I've carried discs in my old frameless PDGA bag, and Revo Mini sans plastic thingy (dunno if that can really qualify as a "frame"), and those were noticeably worse than my other bags I've had with frames.
the Phenix bags can be bought sans LineX, my buddy has one and it seems to do just fine

Dang this bag looks sick. I saw the thread a few days back but couldn't see it because my work blocks all things FB. I kept forgetting to look at home so I decided to go around the proxy today. I'm pretty impressed with the way they look. I'll give the pictures a little better inspection when I get home tonight, but I'll probably get an email out to Justin by the end of the night.

just got notice that I can pre-order now :)

Bags should be arriving late July/early August.

Me too. I'm just not sure I want to drop that kind of cash on something without an engine...or at least wheels :D

I was interested in pre-ordering one of these. How much can it be? I'm curious after the last comment. If no one wants to state the price in the thread could someone please pm me? I've been in the market for a new bag for a while so I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks.

booter said:
theres no set price yet. its in the 160ish range.
Add $10 for shipping and you got it. A bit steep in price, I agree. But...I love stuff.

Latest posts