• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Timko said:
Here's my new bag, loaded up.

4 Putters
3 Rocs
7 PDs
1 XXX
2 PD2's
3 Nukes

P1000218.JPG

Damn, I want one.

edit: Also, 7 PD's? wtf?

I don't really need all those PDs; I just wanted to load the bag up.

1 roller P
1 beat in P
1 new P
1 champ star S
1 straight S
1 overstable S
1 CFR C

I went ahead and kept on the preorder list and got the bag last week. Feels well made. The side pockets are smaller than expected. Right now I put in
2 Destroyers
1 PD2
3 PD
2 TD
2 Eagles
1 Xtreme
4 RRocs
5 Aviars

Those all fit fine. Now if only I could get out to a course.

Haha. No :). I was leaving for a week for work, and I needed to clean my place up to show it since I'm moving into a house in a month.

But generally I keep my place super clean.

I see my old yeller PD in there...BTW, those have become my favorite PDs over the reds. My broken in one is flying like a CE Teebird...Those are also the only Ss I'm carrying now and I've got a nice stock of backups. I also picked up a GL XXX and a production CPD and dropped my CFR CPDs. My CFRs aren't going anywhere though as my beat one is the ultimate straight headwind fwy driver. Not many discs are as wind resistant without being TRULY overstable as those CFR PDs. BTW, the bag looks great! If I hadn't become a cart man or didn't live in the tropics I might be into one.

Mine finally arrived today! Looks and feels like a quality bag. I just took everything out of my team revo bag and put it into the grip and it all fits fine.

1 Ion
1 Voodoo
1 Zone
2 Pain
1 Core
2 Fuse
1 Vison
2 TD
4 PD
2 Flow
1 PD2

Plus - Couple towels, a K-Way rain jacket and all the other misc. little things I had in there. I can even get a rolled up thermal long sleeve sweater in the side pocket if I wanted to. It's a little tighter than I was expecting, but definitely has room for everything I might need in a round.

We'll see how it handles tonight during league.

How is this bag for carrying brewskis? I'm assuming the side pockets would be the best area? How many 12oz bottles can you fit in each pocket? Will the drink holders accomodate a bottle nicely? Looks like a great bag design but has to be able to handle league & casual rounds too!

I think I could get like 3 long neck bottles in each side with a little room left for other stuff.

goodwin said:
How is this bag for carrying brewskis? I'm assuming the side pockets would be the best area? How many 12oz bottles can you fit in each pocket? Will the drink holders accomodate a bottle nicely? Looks like a great bag design but has to be able to handle league & casual rounds too!

Don't forget about the camel bak.

The drink holders easily accommodated European 1.5L bottles, so you should be OK for beer bottles.

Cool, thanks for the info. Seems like it would handle beer duties ok, I have a Revo now and usually carry 3 ipa's in one side pocket with the option for one more in the other pocket with everything else already in there. It would be nice to have some smaller pockets to seperate phone, keys, etc.. instead of shoving everything in one open pocket like I have to do with the revo. My buddy has the Mahal but it just seems like a lot of bag for my needs. He also has to loosen one strap every time he takes the bag off which seems annoying to me. On shorter holes or courses I hardly even use both straps as it's more work to constantly be taking it off & on in such a short amount of time. For anyone with the new Grip please keep us up to date on how it's holding up to wear & tear.

So I loaded this thing up tonight to see what it could hold.
photo-4.jpg

And the contents...
photo-5.jpg

1 PD2
2 Flows
5 PD's
2 TD's
1 Vision
2 Fuses
1 Core
2 Pains
1 Zone
2 Ions
1 Voodoo

And the rest...

A 40 oz Kleen Kanteen, 3 towels, L hoodie, k-way, mini, bug spray, sunglasses, pencils, sharpies, nail clippers, keys and a wallet. I'd have had my phone in there too, but I took the pictures with it. I could have also had my other water bottle in there if I wasn't too lazy to go to the car.

I wouldn't normally carry all of that around but it's going to be nice to have the room in there as the winter comes. Even fully loaded the bag rides nice and feels light compared to my revo team bag. The inside pockets, especially the pocket behind the grip logo on the front are great.

We'll see how it holds up, but I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Latest posts