• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Can anyone recall if pound has run discount codes/Black Friday deals? I'm really close to pulling the trigger but not sure if it's worth waiting a few weeks or not. Don't want to miss out on this current stock shipping now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pound

I have a Octo Haul and am playing more tournaments. I am looking in to purchasing a stool ( Tri Pod/ Square Fold up one). Where on the Haul could I attach it for easy use. I know their is a spot below the main compartment for storage but is there anywhere for quick access. Thanks

I have a Octo Haul and am playing more tournaments. I am looking in to purchasing a stool ( Tri Pod/ Square Fold up one). Where on the Haul could I attach it for easy use. I know their is a spot below the main compartment for storage but is there anywhere for quick access. Thanks

That's what the bungee on the front under the main compartment is for if i'm not mistaken

Especially for the 'Haul, you could store a folded/collapsed stool vertically in one of the tall side compartments.

For all backpack-style bags, I'm a fan of clipping the stool to the bottom of one backpack strap. (I prefer to go on the non-throwing side, but that's just me.) When you set you pack down, it's quick & easy to deploy the stool. When you wear the pack, the stool is hanging near your hip. Probably the best part: when you pick your bag up, the stool comes with it...pre-attached. You'll never be "that guy" that leaves your stool on some random tee pad.

My first run (pre order) bag has seen about 100 tourney rounds and hundreds more casual and practice rounds. It is holding up great and I have no reason to switch to anything else. The bottom shows very little wear and I have never experienced any problems with the putter pocket. The only area I'm seeing wear is on the mesh on the inside of the right shoulder strap. This is were I pick the bag up and slide it on my shoulder. I will probably need to send it in for repairs fairly soon because the foam is showing through in a couple places there.

First run vs new sexothorpes?

Anybody know the difference between the first run bags and the newest sexothorpe on preorder? I know emblem has changed but im sure their is more to it than that.

LB

Anybody know the difference between the first run bags and the newest sexothorpe on preorder? I know emblem has changed but im sure their is more to it than that.

I think it's just the putter pocket and one side ....I have a KJ 2017 Haul and it fits 5 putters. I think 2016 could just hold 4 and also didn't have 2 side pockets..2016 had a bottle holder on one side. Just look at Pound Disc golf videos on YouTube for LB/Levi to see the bag videos.

The early runs have a separate elastic drink holder pocket, and then a similarly shaped (rounded) zip pocket right next to the drink holder. The newer gens have two symmetrical pockets on each side. At one point (2017's??) the bag was redesigned with an integrated divider that snapped into the middle of these pockets to create smaller individual drink holder sections. The newest gens are shipping (2018) with the Octothorpe Inserts.

Octothorpe

The early runs have a separate elastic drink holder pocket, and then a similarly shaped (rounded) zip pocket right next to the drink holder. The newer gens have two symmetrical pockets on each side. At one point (2017's??) the bag was redesigned with an integrated divider that snapped into the middle of these pockets to create smaller individual drink holder sections. The newest gens are shipping (2018) with the Octothorpe Inserts.

Yeah i found a video on Pound's website expmaining the new features. I have an original i am sending in for some warranty work. I also on impulse bought a new 2018 Big Jerm Octothorpe.

Last edited:
Yeah i found a video on Pound's website expmaining the new features. I have an original i am sending in for some warranty work. I also on impulse bought a new 2018 Big Jerm Octothorpe.

Must be nice :thmbup: I'm hoping to pick up one of these bags eventually. Hope they come out with some new stock colors next year.

Zuca

The DD EZ Go cart by zuca would be a good option for the octohaul. You have access to everything. Only downside is it doesnt have a seat.

Received my Clay 2017 Octothorpe last Thursday and took it out for two rounds over the weekend. One course was a ~6000' mix of wooded and open holes and the other was a heavily wooded ~4500' on a mountain. Both have a ton of elevation change.

First and foremost this bag rides very light and comfortable. It rides noticeably lighter and it's the first round in a while where I wasn't even remotely fatigued coming into the last few holes. Huge plus for a fatso like me.

The second plus is the construction. Had another league player, who has 25 years plus as a contractor and currently owns the 2017 GBO bag, envious of the Octothorpe saying it looks like Carhartt made it.

Dose anyone use a divider or Stand in the main compartment when not needing to fill it up? I usually carry a full bag of 5 putters and 18 in the main but I am looking to cut a few discs to make Tournament choices easier...Maybe just move 3 putters down to the main...thanks for any help

Dose anyone use a divider or Stand in the main compartment when not needing to fill it up?

I regularly use the drink insert that comes with the bag in the main compartment, it fits perfectly and allows me to carry ~14 discs snuggly. This opens up the side pockets for extra storage as well, and is one of my favorite features of the bag. My friends comment on how great of a function that is, and I can comfortably carry a few more tall boys that way!

DG

I regularly use the drink insert that comes with the bag in the main compartment, it fits perfectly and allows me to carry ~14 discs snuggly. This opens up the side pockets for extra storage as well, and is one of my favorite features of the bag. My friends comment on how great of a function that is, and I can comfortably carry a few more tall boys that way!

wow didnt think of using them as inserts...thanks I will try that out this evening when I get home from work.

They look nice but $350-$420 for Cordura Nylon??? I used to do a ton of backpacking and I just don't see why this bag should be this expensive?? I have a couple of Osprey packs that cost this much but have a much better suspension design and hold 3 times as much. I'm trying to justify the price point for some of these disc golf bags and I just don't see it?? But they do look nice

They look nice but $350-$420 for Cordura Nylon??? I used to do a ton of backpacking and I just don't see why this bag should be this expensive?? I have a couple of Osprey packs that cost this much but have a much better suspension design and hold 3 times as much. I'm trying to justify the price point for some of these disc golf bags and I just don't see it?? But they do look nice

Osprey packs are sewn in Vietnam. Nothing wrong with that, but it lowers the cost. Also, they've got volume on their side.

Pound bags are sewn by hand, one at a time, in the USA. And have top-notch warranty repairs. If you'll ever need them. They're pricy. And they're more comfortable and detail oriented than any other DG pack I've ever seen. I think that is important for a pack you are going to carry different ways (one shoulder two shoulders, by the grab handle) and you're going to pick up and put down 50+ times per round.

But yeah, spendy. And the best investment I have made in DG (except for a lesson).

Latest posts