• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I'd agree that Fenders make all the difference. It was the only thing that annoyed me about the DD Zuca until I got them installed. They really should be standard equipment.

Those toolbox bags look nice. For sure on the pricey side of things. But no doubt well made.

New Pound Bag: The Carlton

Levi posted on Facebook & Instagram today:

"Design of The Carlton is officially underway!!! It's so crazy to think that I made sketches for the smaller pack almost 3 years ago. We've just been so busy trying to keep up with orders and lay a solid infrastructure that I haven't had time for design. Thankfully, I'm finally circling back and these sketches are now coming to fruition. I'll be posting videos of the prototyping process over the next few weeks so everyone can follow along for the ride. I'm insanely excited for what I believe will be the coolest pack I've ever designed. There's a part of me that's glad it's taken this long because I've grown so much as a designer these past 3 years. I owe a huge thanks to Cory Krull whose hand guided the way in my rethinking of the design process, especially in pattern making. I feel like his voice is always with me now when I'm designing and I will forever be grateful for that. Cheers to Cory! #thecarlton #pounddiscgolf #madeinusa"

The new, smaller Pound bag is called The Carlton?

Darn, I was really hoping it would be The Hexothorpe.

The new, smaller Pound bag is called The Carlton?

Darn, I was really hoping it would be The Hexothorpe.

Carlton is Levi's tiny dog's name (well, one of his two tiny dogs).

I have held the prototype in my hands. It is really cool. Has some great new features, excellent versatility, and the expected Pound quality.

I have held the prototype in my hands. It is really cool. Has some great new features, excellent versatility, and the expected Pound quality.

Pix or it didn't happen, Pirate!

Thanks for the backstory on the dog, tho. That's funny.

I've been waiting for this news for a long time. C'mon lb, take my money!!:clap::clap::clap:

What are we talking for disc capacity?

And how many tall cans will it fit?

Levi posted a "proof of concept" Prototype #1 video on the Pound facebook page today, 5/28/18. Super interesting! I can't wait to see what this bag ultimately turns out like.

Levi posted a "proof of concept" Prototype #1 video on the Pound facebook page today, 5/28/18. Super interesting! I can't wait to see what this bag ultimately turns out like.

The prototype I got to mess with also had side pockets, like on the Octothorpe. And it fit the same insulated inserts as the side pockets on the Octothorpe. The outside short pockets, not the tall side pockets.

Levi had 20 discs in it, including those side pockets.

The prototype I got to mess with also had side pockets, like on the Octothorpe. And it fit the same insulated inserts as the side pockets on the Octothorpe. The outside short pockets, not the tall side pockets.

Wish you had pics of this prototype and permission from Levi to share with us. :)

Well Levi posted Prototype "Carlton" #2 today on facebook.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/pounddiscgolf/

Side pockets, interior putter pocket, secure loop for flaps, and detachable shoulder straps added.

Hoping the putter pocket goes exterior on the front square panel of the bag. But maybe it may be too bulky out there. All in all, still stoked.

So, probably like 8-10 Tall Cans then?

Well Levi posted Prototype "Carlton" #2 today on facebook.

Side pockets, interior putter pocket, secure loop for flaps, and detachable shoulder straps added.

Hoping the putter pocket goes exterior on the front square panel of the bag. But maybe it may be too bulky out there. All in all, still stoked.

Definitely a unique layout. Kind of wondering how the lower discs pull out and wish he showed that a little more. Does seem to have some wasted space up front, but I do like how streamlined the bag looks.

As your Pound Disc Golf beat reporter, Levi posted the Carlton Prototype #3 video today on FB.

Purple Rain for the win!

2 putter pockets with mini pockets attached on the outside of said pockets. Levi talks a bit about breaking up the bag into sections for better color segmentation, especially with the custom color program.
Levi does talk about definitely not placing a putter pocket on the front of the bag due to load carriage location being better up higher on the back and it being a better convenience.
Does look like there is a bit of a struggle to get the most interior disc in and out with the putter pocket, but hopefully this is better shown in future bags.
The shoulder straps don't seem to be perfected yet and look to be altered in future revisions. Bag seems to be getting close and looks to be able to have some cool 2 color options due to the design.

Can't wait!