• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Why not make the top half of the centerpocket to a putterpocket?
Or just have a putterpocket on one side, so you can have your least thrown disc under the putterpocket and the disc you use more often on the side without a putterpocket.

Seems like you could accomplish that just in how you arrange your discs.

I'm hesitant, but it's growing on me. Levi knows how packs work and keeps improving the design with each prototype. I'm sure it'll be a great product when it goes to market.

Why not make the top half of the centerpocket to a putterpocket?
Or just have a putterpocket on one side, so you can have your least thrown disc under the putterpocket and the disc you use more often on the side without a putterpocket.

From what I saw, I'd use one side for putters.. and the other side for my more 'go-to' discs.

Bag looks unique and interesting. I like the departure from the standard format, AND it looks like it's won't have that bag swagger like those upd's that never sit up straight.

Interested.

Levi just uploaded prototype 4 to facebook! the more i see this bag, the more i want it for courses that aren't cart friendly

29w48l1.jpg

Carlton prototype 5

How much smaller than the Octo is it? . .can you get it without the side pockets?

Just pulled the trigger on an Octothorpe a few days ago. I'm super excited. It's going to feel like an eternity waiting for it to get here though

The carlton has grabbed my interest. I love my shift but having the extra storage would be great. I typically carry 16-18 (so while the octothorpe is awesome it's probably way too big for me) but having the cargo pockets if/when I want to carry more would be a nice option to have. The price is a little steep for a bag this size so might be hard to justify, especially if there is no rain fly or it won't come with one.

LB

The carlton has grabbed my interest. I love my shift but having the extra storage would be great. I typically carry 16-18 (so while the octothorpe is awesome it's probably way too big for me) but having the cargo pockets if/when I want to carry more would be a nice option to have. The price is a little steep for a bag this size so might be hard to justify, especially if there is no rain fly or it won't come with one.

I agree $225-$250 for a stock version is very high but as compared to Grip BX and AX it is about at the right price. However, the custom ones at around $300 are a bit much...might as well go Octo if it was between the two. Also not having a rain fly come with it is bad...thats another $30-$50...so you are looking at around $300. Then shipping for another $20. I think ill wait to see what the Delta 12 looks like...Going to not jump on something so fast and think about it for a while.

29w48l1.jpg

Carlton prototype 5

Wow, that is hot looking. Maybe I just like the color scheme.

Still not 100% sold on the top-loading style. Seems to waste space in the top of the pack, where you need open air available to get discs in & out. Somewhat reminiscent of the old Mahals in that regard. (I know a lot of folks that were googly-eyed over Mahals back in the day; they were just never my cup of tea.)

The more "normal" backpack style has access through the front of the pack, leaving the top space free for more storage. Superior design, in my opinion.

Wow, that is hot looking. Maybe I just like the color scheme.

Still not 100% sold on the top-loading style. Seems to waste space in the top of the pack, where you need open air available to get discs in & out. Somewhat reminiscent of the old Mahals in that regard. (I know a lot of folks that were googly-eyed over Mahals back in the day; they were just never my cup of tea.)

The more "normal" backpack style has access through the front of the pack, leaving the top space free for more storage. Superior design, in my opinion.

but the thing is that design has been copied over and over again, thats even the way the octothorpe is built but this bag really breaks the mold since the Big Hyzer bags in my opinion. I always felt the octothorpe was too much bag for me i didn't want to lug around. So i use a zuca cart mainly but i really want a carlton for courses that are majority not cart friendly. Im actually really excited about this bag. even though it may not have a lot of top storage it does still have the haul pockets. worse case i can move some discs into those pockets and utilize the top storage for miscellaneous items instead. a smaller pack but more versatile than one might think

Well guys,

This spring I decided it was finally time to move onto a backpack style bag

So I did some research and I settled on the Dynamic Commander bag. The main compartment was very large, the top loading was easy, smooth, and familiar. But the more I used it the less I liked the elastic putter pockets and tight tall, side pockets.
"Well," I thought to myself, "This just isn't the bag for me."

So I continued looking, and low and behold the Voodoo ST3 was on sale, had great reviews, and I love my Mojo. No brainer (said my brain after a few beers). It arrived in late July and I played a dozen rounds on the bag. It's built like a tank but removing and replacing discs in the main compartment was incredibly tight with anything in the flap pocket. Additionally, the upper putter pocket was deep and spacious, but had a small opening that meant I had to remove putters to reach a driving putter or vice-versa. And finally, though the tall side pockets were larger than those on the commander, they weren't ideal for storing any extra plastic. Again I found myself in the same situation.

So, my birthday was rolling up last week and I decided to splurge on myself. I ordered up an Octothorpe and it arrived today. After unboxing it, loading it up, and playing a quick round, I can tell you already, this is exactly what I was looking for in a backpack bag. The main compartment is spacious and easy to add and remove from. The putter pocket is large and displays all of yours putters without cramming them in and risking any warping. The tall side pockets are spacious with plenty of useful dividers, and there are still huge cargo pockets that are ideal for storing any additional plastic.

I know this is a long post, but I thought perhaps some may find it useful. Because although the other backpacks I tried were great in their own ways, the Octothorpe is the best of both of those bags in one, without the drawbacks. And it's more comfortable to boot.

Now I just gotta find some local buyers for some lightly used backpacks.

Oh, and I attached a photo of my new Octothorpe.

Attachments

• IMG_20180809_164712.jpg
    IMG_20180809_164712.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 115
Well guys,

This spring I decided it was finally time to move onto a backpack style bag

So I did some research and I settled on the Dynamic Commander bag. The main compartment was very large, the top loading was easy, smooth, and familiar. But the more I used it the less I liked the elastic putter pockets and tight tall, side pockets.

So I continued looking, and low and behold the Voodoo ST3 was on sale, had great reviews, and I love my Mojo. No brainer (said my brain after a few beers). It arrived in late July and I played a dozen rounds on the bag. It's built like a tank but removing and replacing discs in the main compartment was incredibly tight with anything in the flap pocket. Additionally, the upper putter pocket was deep and spacious, but had a small opening that meant I had to remove putters to reach a driving putter or vice-versa. And finally, though the tall side pockets were larger than those on the commander, they weren't ideal for storing any extra plastic. Again I found myself in the same situation.

So, my birthday was rolling up last week and I decided to splurge on myself. I ordered up an Octothorpe and it arrived today. After unboxing it, loading it up, and playing a quick round, I can tell you already, this is exactly what I was looking for in a backpack bag. The main compartment is spacious and easy to add and remove from. The putter pocket is large and displays all of yours putters without cramming them in and risking any warping. The tall side pockets are spacious with plenty of useful dividers, and there are still huge cargo pockets that are ideal for storing any additional plastic.

I know this is a long post, but I thought perhaps some may find it useful. Because although the other backpacks I tried were great in their own ways, the Octothorpe is the best of both of those bags in one, without the drawbacks. And it's more comfortable to boot.

Now I just gotta find some local buyers for some lightly used backpacks.

Oh, and I attached a photo of my new Octothorpe.

Those are some nifty colors. Should let that commander to a nice guy on the internet with a budget of about $20 ;)