• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Is there some reason that Levi doesn't make a top loader Like the Mahal is? Does Mystery Ranch have some kind of rights to the exact design?

If I ever get another backpack (currently a cart guy) I'd want the top load and high quality. (I have one from Dynamic that I got in a player pack, but it's nowhere near the same as the Mahal.)

Reply to myself. I never really noticed the Carlton. I guess that would qualify as a top loader. Not quite like the Mahal, but probably as close as were likely to get.

Levi is slow to develope his products, not that there's anything wrong with that. Even if he did have plans to unveil a design closer to a true top loader, it would be so far down the road that you might as well buy something else to bide the time. 5 years ago he hinted about the Rufus and here we are at the first preorder.

I know what you mean, but I think it looks better with the flap open and discs in it. Trying not be be defensive, since I pulled the trigger and ordered one!

I went with a Navy/Sage which one did you pick?

This will definitely replace my Shift, we'll see how much I miss carrying a few of my utility discs all the time but I could see the rufus stealing rounds from the Octohaul too.

Any predictions on the preorder delivery timeline???

They said they plan to start shipping in late July but I assume that it'll take a month+ to get all the pre-orders filled. Wondering how they fill the orders, by order # or if they are building all of X color then moving onto the next, and so on.

This will definitely replace my Shift, we'll see how much I miss carrying a few of my utility discs all the time but I could see the rufus stealing rounds from the Octohaul too.

Nice! I went with the one right next to it: "Red dipped in Coffee with tan zippers, red lining and tan accents."

The Navy/Sage had my eye, but the Red pushed it over the finish line.

I've gotten my carry down to 16 discs, so I'm really looking forward to the Rufus. My Rebel will stay in my Zuca. The Rufus will replace my Carolina Team bag: beautifully made, but I've never really gotten comfortable with it.

Nice! I went with the one right next to it: "Red dipped in Coffee with tan zippers, red lining and tan accents."

The Navy/Sage had my eye, but the Red pushed it over the finish line.

I've gotten my carry down to 16 discs, so I'm really looking forward to the Rufus. My Rebel will stay in my Zuca. The Rufus will replace my Carolina Team bag: beautifully made, but I've never really gotten comfortable with it.

You have good taste! I was between those same 2, asked my son (whose 2) and he said Blue. so here we are.

That red and coffee/tan is very pretty.

As much as I don't need one, I still see myself buying a Rufus before next season. If I don't like it, I can probably flip it for no loss - if I do, I can probably flip my ridge/carlton instead

I ordered a Rufus to replace my shift as well. I am looking forward to getting back to a more traditional backpack layout.

I ended up ordering the kryptek with navy zippers.

I have been a huge fan of Upper Park since buying my Rebel a few years ago. I almost pulled the trigger on buying a new model, but couldn't justify it, given how well mine is holding up.

I've been gradually reducing my carry to 15-18 discs, so I don't have any interest in bigger bags like the Octo, Squatch, or larger capacity bags from Grip or disc manufacturers. But playing almost year round in the Northeast, I always want room in my bag for layers, along with typical accessories like a compact retriever, hockey puck, rangefinder, towels and then a drink and some small snacks. Because of my success with the Rebel I tried the Shift, but found it was just too small for my needs.

I'm excited about the Rufus and looking forward to receiving my red/coffee one. I think it might really be in that "sweet spot" for me regarding size and capacity. While it's more pricey than the Rebel (and doesn't have the vertical loading pockets that I absolutely LOVE), the Rufus isn't that much more expensive, Pound is known for unmatched quality materials and workmanship, and I'm buying something made by people in the USA.

Not at all a knock on Upper Park or their bags. I just think Pound has found a niche to serve in the Premium category.

I just wonder how long it's going to take for a re-stock. Or are they all just going to be 'wave releases' from now on? I got my custom carlton pre-pandemic and it only took 10 weeks to get it...at this point I'd be shocked if they listed any available ordering within 10 weeks of when the rufus was released.

Last I had seen the custom packs were still 10-12 week lead times. Looking at the pound website they do have 8 different bag options in stock all with multiple colorways for immediate shipping. I suspect it'll take a little while for the hype to die down before there's that sort of availability for Rufus bags given that it's a new offering.

To paraphrase Pound's most recent facebook post: Pound will start shipping the first Rufus packs this coming Monday, August 1st. They're not finished making them and they expect that to take the next two to three weeks.

It's been tough watching other combos that aren't mine arrive already. Mine (blue/green/gray) finally got sent out and should be on my doorstep early next week, fingers crossed.

It's been tough watching other combos that aren't mine arrive already. Mine (blue/green/gray) finally got sent out and should be on my doorstep early next week, fingers crossed.

I've had mine a few weeks. Loving it (especially after a few rounds to break in). You'll be happy.

Attachments

• 82BBEE9A-0A9C-4810-A8A7-DF3BFD619977.jpg
    82BBEE9A-0A9C-4810-A8A7-DF3BFD619977.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 65
My rufus arrived while I was down at ledgestone, looking forward to getting it out later this week after a couple recovery days. For how much smaller it looks sitting beside my Octohaul it really doesnt give up much on disc capacity. I'm only going to be carrying 3 less discs than I would in the haul. The only thing I haven't worked out yet is where to put the condor in this bag. Usually I keep it in one of my side pockets on the Haul.

Missed the edit window:

In the past I had a grip C series and my Haul. I appreciated that the C15 really made me think about each disc and only bring those I knew I'd throw a bunch. The Rufus more or less lets me bring my entire arsenal and only really cut out 1 utility disc, 1 approach disc that rarely gets thrown because it sits between the zone/fierce combo and I usually just reach for one of those, plus 1 other disc which likely be a rotating disc depending on the course I'm playing that day.

With that much capacity and still a reasonable amount of storage space for knick knacks and water/snacks I can see the Rufus being bagged a majority of the time and the Haul only coming out for the longest tournament rounds or rounds where I'm really bringing a lot of extra crap (iffy weather, kids snacks, diapers, a spare jacket etc)

Latest posts