• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Couple in FoCO

Rucker61

My wife and I are just getting started (less than a month), and being a gearhead we already have too many discs. Our next step is a backwards step to really working on the basic throwing technique. Likely that means getting multiples of a single mold and just working with that instead of poorly throwing everything from a 12 speed to a 4 speed with mixed results.

She's also going to start a club at the middle school she works at which has a 9 hole course on campus. We'll be looking for advice on that pretty soon, too.

We are already getting out of this sport what we want, and that's a hobby to practice together. Actually learning to throw would be a bonus and save time looking for those drives in the weeds. I've already learned not to use a green driver ;)

Welcome! I'm just down the road from you in Longmont.

Have fun, and since you're a gearhead and it looks like Fort Collins is at 5000' elevation....keep in mind when you're researching discs they will fly more overstable for you than people at lower altitudes.

Glidey straight/understable midranges are your friend as you are a beginner, and especially at higher elevations. Plus they will work well for students at your wife's school. For example discs like the Mako3, BuzzzSS, Fuse, Core are all good choices.

Thanks for the info. We're working on learning how to throw putters only right now, then we'll move into the midranges. Based on my research we were looking at the Mako3s for the school club. The school course is fairly short.

Welcome to the site. Ft. Collins is my home town. Don't know if your wife is at Boltz or Cache La Poudre in LaPorte, but if she's at Boltz I was going to suggest playing the LaPorte course (if you haven't already), it's also really short but much more fun than Boltz due to the fact there're more trees. Most of all, have fun and go check out The Wright Life store down in Old Town FTC. They've got anything you might need for DG.