• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course Village Greens Park North, CO

Shogun

Bogey Member
A new course is being built this summer in Denver!! Right off of 225 and Yosemite, Greenwood Village is turning the 90 acre open space next to the Cherry Creek Res. into a mountain bike trail and 18 hole disc golf course! :clap:

Heres a link to the article: Village Greens Park North

From what I read, the course should be complete by the end of the summer. I havent found out much more info on this, even tho I have searched around and made some calls, but if you know anything, feel free to let us know!

Thanks!:D

Dave-

Wow, $235,000 to put in the disc golf course. They must be installing solid gold disc-catchers! Can't you put in like 6 quality courses for that kind of money?
Seriously,though, it's about time the Denver area started getting with the program by developing more decent courses. Ft. Collins and Boulder are running behind, too.

The site has 0 vegetation so I'm guessing a large part of that budget is going to trees and what not. Yeah, Denver has the largest number of parks of any city with 205 and we have 1 course in the city limits. I'd love to see a course at city park which would be a 5 minute bike ride for me.

The site has 0 vegetation so I'm guessing a large part of that budget is going to trees and what not. Yeah, Denver has the largest number of parks of any city with 205 and we have 1 course in the city limits. I'd love to see a course at city park which would be a 5 minute bike ride for me.

I hadnt actually thought about DGC's in "Denver" itself.... Come to think of it, all of us here are going to Aurora, Arvada, Centennial, or somewhere right outside Denver to throw. :| There's some nice open space in the Lowry area that would be prime for a course, but I think they have a dog park and some other stuff instead.:\ Oh well, at least the drive isnt bad for most of the courses.

I hadnt actually thought about DGC's in "Denver" itself.... Come to think of it, all of us here are going to Aurora, Arvada, Centennial, or somewhere right outside Denver to throw. :| There's some nice open space in the Lowry area that would be prime for a course, but I think they have a dog park and some other stuff instead.:\ Oh well, at least the drive isnt bad for most of the courses.
Yeah, I think I counted 11 courses (worth playing) a 30 minute drive or less and that's not really bad. Seeing all of those huge old growth trees every day in the city has me longing for some nice canopied fairways.

I stopped by to check out the progress.. Well concrete tee pads are installed, but it looks like "by the end of the summer in 2012" might be a lofty goal. Looks like there still allot of work to be done for it to be ready to throw plastic at chains.

This course is definitely gonna make you have to improve you 'wind' game. On a side note, the adjoining fields are great for practicing your drive.

I wrote GV Parks to get an update and they advised today:

"The disc course is nearing completion with the irrigation and plantings as the final stage. However the mountain bike course is just getting underway and it is the desire of the City to open them both at the same time so that you don't have construction traffic and pedestrian users in conflict. Thus the opening won't be until mid Nov. "

So not too long.. just in time for the snow...

Ill be there mid November, we have lots of great days in November. Good thing I don't throw any white disc though.

If you hear of a grand opening date please post it. With any luck they will hand out some discs!

Its getting close... Tee Pads, Tee Signs (nice carved stone), Putting greens (wood chips) and Basket Collars are all installed. All we need is baskets.

I went by the course about a week and a half ago and they were still doing some construction... I think on the mountain bike course as they were moving dirt around. The disc course looks to be completely done, but they don't have any baskets up yet so can't play around the construction. It all looks close to being done though.

I went by Village Greens Park today. They are still working on the mountain bike course that surrounds the DG course. They have a sign up now that I'll attach. I spoke with a parks guy and he told me that the course is "open" but they will not put the baskets in until after the mountain bike course construction is done. He thought it would be mid to late January.

He said that a group or two plays the course each day, and they have just been playing up to the mulch.

A lot of the course is straw on dirt... but it wasn't muddy at all from what I could see today. But that would change after a storm.

So it's there to play with no baskets if you want to get a feel for it. I might do that one of these days. I was hoping to find baskets in and the course open today.

Attachments

• villagegreensdg.jpg
    villagegreensdg.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 19