• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New disc? help

Bro Montana

Ive been throwing an elite z nuke ss 175 class and now its to flippy for me it turns over on any throw with more than 70% throw power (not oat ive made sure). I want a disc thats going to fly similar but wont end up being flippy like my nuke ss has. Suggestions? Please help!

It's probably still oat, even tho u say it's not...try using the same disc but on a hyzer flip

i can hyzer flip it fine and i can throw other discs without the turn its just that disc

ss stands for super straight. so if its not OAT like you say then maybe try a normal z nuke? or a nuke OS (overstable) if a regular is still flipping

ss stands for super straight. so if its not OAT like you say then maybe try a normal z nuke? or a nuke OS (overstable) if a regular is still flipping

But what if the OS flips?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :|

:popcorn:

How far out are you getting your Nuke SS? That will help us give you advice. Regular Nuke's are a little understable so I'd imagine the SS is quite understable (Never thrown one).

Some Nuke SSs came out super flippy and some came out almost as stable as a regular Nuke or anywhere in between. The flippiest ones are garbage.

At that distance you might find something a little slower easier to control. Valk, Orc, Teebird, QOLS...have you tried any of those?

At that distance you might find something a little slower easier to control. Valk, Orc, Teebird, QOLS...have you tried any of those?

Yea ive tried valk and teebird and i have an orc, my problem is that the feel of the wider rim is much more comfortable in my hand.

i bh for 340ft on a good day usually in the 320-330 range. i can throw a leo on a 315ft hyzer than never flattens. the nuke ss is flippyer than a dx leo imo. when you get a great throw they fly forever, but throwing a pure hyzer is almost impossible unless you get the nose up.

From what I've learned on this forum, you should only be driving with putters until you can throw one through the window of a moving car from 400' away. At that point you can move up to a teebird. A pink one.

From what I've learned on this forum, you should only be driving with putters until you can throw one through the window of a moving car from 400' away. At that point you can move up to a teebird. A pink one.

Uh... next time instead of being sarcastic you could actually try to help.

regular nuke is a good suggestion. if you like wider rim you could try an archon, or beat in a pro destoyer

Ive been throwing an elite z nuke ss 175 class and now its to flippy for me it turns over on any throw with more than 70% throw power (not oat ive made sure). I want a disc thats going to fly similar but wont end up being flippy like my nuke ss has. Suggestions? Please help!

how about a new 175 nuke ss?

when i have a disc that gets too flippy i just get another one