• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Help

Billy K2

Par Member
Im going to be buying 2 drivers and 2 midrange discs for begginers since ive lost 2 drivers, 2 midrange, and 1 putter. Disc names and prices would help. Thanks. (Respond by Saturday, May 19th)

Teebird
Leopard

Buzzz
Comet

That's about 90% of my tee shots right there. :thmbup:

drivers: Teebird, Leopard, and maybe the Beast if you have played some.
mids: Shark, Roc
$8 to $18 depending on grade of plastic you want
All are good discs to start out with

Understable driver: Gold line river $15ish or Pro Leopard $12ish
Stable to overstable driver: Champ Teebird $14ish or star eagle $16ish

Stable to overstable mid: Z Buzzz $14ish or KC Pro Roc $12ish
Understable mid: Gold line fuse $16ish Z comet $13ish

I'm mostly an Innova guy, so I'd recommend what I believe they sell in their basic start set. That's a Leopard, Shark, and Aviar. Should run about $25 for the set.

The Buzzz is a great disc (disccraft) to have too. Easy to throw and almost always seems to "do what I expected it to". If you play in a lot of wind, something like a wizard (gateway) or Ryhno is soft plastic would be nice. If you want to add a longer range driver (and have the arm to throw it) you could do something pretty stable like a Destroyer or Nuke SS...

I'm mostly an Innova guy, so I'd recommend what I believe they sell in their basic start set. That's a Leopard, Shark, and Aviar. Should run about $25 for the set.

The Buzzz is a great disc (disccraft) to have too. Easy to throw and almost always seems to "do what I expected it to". If you play in a lot of wind, something like a wizard (gateway) or Ryhno is soft plastic would be nice. If you want to add a longer range driver (and have the arm to throw it) you could do something pretty stable like a Destroyer or Nuke SS...

Nuke SS & stable in the same paragraph= epic fail

Innova Dx Roc $8
Lat 64 Opto Core $15

Innova Champion Eagle X $15
Lat 64 Gold line River $18 (or a Discmania C-line FD)

I recommend buzzz or roc or something similar in the neutral to slightly overstable range (core, axis) for midranges. Something understable like a fuse or comet would be a decent discs as well

For drivers i would recommend something slower (speed 9 or lower) and slightly over stable to understable (teebird, leopard, stalker, XL, river)

Another idea would be tweener type discs like a squall or warrior that has a midrange feel, but fairway driver distance.

Drivers

Pro Leopard
DX Gazelle/X Cyclone

Mids

DX Roc
X Buzzz

Putter

JK Aviar or MVP Ion

Also, keep it light weights, I'd say low to mid 160's.

Yes, for the drivers, but I would suggest heavier for the mids/putter. Low 170s.

As said before stay slower. Grab yourself a Dx teebird($9) a pro leopard($11), a Dx stringray($9) and if you want to stay innova a kc pro yeti($11).

Teebird, Leopard, Buzzz, Meteor.

I'm a big fan of premium plastic so I'd get Champion/Z or Star/ESP (the Meteor only comes in ESP) I'd get the Leopard in the 150-160 range. The premium plastic will run you $15-$20 each. Yes its twice the price but they'll last 10 times as long.

You learn to throw those 4 discs well you might never have to try another mold.

I would have to say go with either a roadrunner or a mamba if you need something to go straight a long ways for a beginner as for a midrange I would say buzzSS they go straight and hold anhyzer brand new...

Latest posts