• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New distance record WIIIIITHHH....

Blizzard! Blizzard! Blizzard! I am seeing this plastic everywhere on the course lately, even in my own bag~OmIgOsH! This plastic is selling like crazy. So, whatever it is... it's working. The plastic, the marketing and now a new record at Big D...

There were people last year throwing under 700. at over 700 feet he would still get an invite, which he may have gotten and just did not post about.

there are a lot of people who can do that. There really aren't that many people training full time to break the record. most are disc golfers first, distance just is there. its very hard to do both. they are mentally very different approaches to throwing a disc.

a lot of throws over 600ft take not just great form/snap but luck. just gotta catch it right. I might hit one at 700 but the rest would probably be 550-650

there are a lot of people who can do that. There really aren't that many people training full time to break the record. most are disc golfers first, distance just is there. its very hard to do both. they are mentally very different approaches to throwing a disc.

a lot of throws over 600ft take not just great form/snap but luck. just gotta catch it right. I might hit one at 700 but the rest would probably be 550-650

I don't know that there are a lot of people throwing 700, but I know what you are saying about it being 2 seperate throws. When working with Kachtz he throws an entirely different throw for distance. I knew the form cues to help him with his golf lines, but he was not interested in golf lines, just distance. After our second time meeting I was unable to give him any pointers because he already knew more than I did about throwing distance lines.

Just to get the same thing they posted on their site? It sounds like they already did that.
Got that. Somebody stated earlier that it looked like cell phone footage.

Thanks for the post, Sarcastro.

Last edited:
You're an idiot zenbot. It's not about being expensive. Filming distance is hard to properly capture especially when the disc gets that high.

The record itself is what will put more discs in teenagers hands, not the video. Distance throwing can actually be very boring to watch. As a guy who could get 700ft out there I'd rather watch someone thread a technical course than someone do a 360.
How do you know I'm an idiot? I could easily be a half-wit, ignoramus, addlebrain or a multitude of other things and it's insulting that you didn't take the time to get to know me before labeling me.

I have seen long distance footage where you get a much better view of the line being taken. Unfortunately they weren't able to capture that. To capture everything all they need is an additional HD camera or two. They're not expensive and memory is practically unlimited.

The raw footage would be boring but it would be great to see the best throw start to finish and not when it hits the dirt.

I doubt Wiggins is Innova's future. Wiggins and GG are very similar in the fact that they both bomb, but the other parts of their game lack.

In all honesty, Wysocki is Innovas future.

Wiggins got 11th at his first World Championships last year... on courses he had only played about a round a piece on.

We'll see how they both do this year on basically home courses.

I'll be surprised if Wysocki can keep using that aggressive power forehand and being successful long term. God only knows how good Schusterick will get as he matures. I wouldn't be surprised to see a period of domination by Will in the next 5-10 years. He's so young and so immersed in the game. Playing with the best players in the world every day has got to do amazing things for your mental game as well as your skill set.

QFT...

This record was set on a pretty cold/cool day. I think it won't survive long.

I agree. There's probably no updrafts occurring on that day. It was 50s to 60s and you can see the storms looming. Not ideal updraft weather... more like downdrafts.

It only took lik a decade, great conditions, a freak thrower and a new plastic technology to break it, it seems perfectly reasonable that it will be broken next month.....

Are they allowed to hop over the line when they throw like you see on the record shot? Not being picky just wondering.

Nobody would second my objection. I already warned that guy. :(
It wasn't a foot fault. You can see it in the freeze frame that's up on the Innova site. He was pretty clearly behind the line when he released it. Hopping over the line after you release is fine, just like in disc golf at distances greater than 10m.

It wasn't a foot fault. You can see it in the freeze frame that's up on the Innova site. He was pretty clearly behind the line when he released it. Hopping over the line after you release is fine, just like in disc golf at distances greater than 10m.
I know, mang. Just playing along.

Wiggins got 11th at his first World Championships last year... on courses he had only played about a round a piece on.

We'll see how they both do this year on basically home courses.

Are you being serious right now? Obviously you have not watched them both play. Wiggins is good, however Wysocki is great. Wiggins can throw far but he lacks a lot in his golf game to be able to win world championships. Wysocki throws far and is a pretty good putter. The best thing about him is his mental game is superb. Wiggins has a little bit of an attitude and bad temper when things aren't going his way.

In a few years you will understand that Wysocki is the better of the two. Just let it sink in until then :thmbup:

Are you being serious right now? Obviously you have not watched them both play. Wiggins is good, however Wysocki is great. Wiggins can throw far but he lacks a lot in his golf game to be able to win world championships. Wysocki throws far and is a pretty good putter. The best thing about him is his mental game is superb. Wiggins has a little bit of an attitude and bad temper when things aren't going his way.

In a few years you will understand that Wysocki is the better of the two. Just let it sink in until then :thmbup:

Wiggin's won plenty of events on the AM circuit..including AM worlds, I believe. He's going to be a superstar if he continues to improve his game.