• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New DIY $25 Backpack Bag.

what is the latest on the Embark bag setups? I just bought one yesterday. I tried for the Magellan, but must be discontinued by Academy.

I have used one for over a year. Put a pvc frame in the bottom section for rigidity. Been working great. Got about 20 discs in it with a few in the folder sleeves. Water bottle holder works well, padded pocket up top for phone, zippered side pocket for keys. Comfortable straps.

It really is a good deal at regular price (~$23) and a steal on sale. Can't comment about it without an added frame of some sort.

Boudin I loved mine. I used it for over 2 years and it worked great. I got a GRIP for a gift so I switched to that. I definitely advise to plastidip the bottom, mine didn't show any wear at all with the coating. I actually miss the storage that that bag had but it certainly isn't as comfortable to wear as the grip is. A buddy of mine has a Zuca backpack cart that he won and he uses his embark in there and it fits great. Be gentle with the zippers and the zipper pulls really the only problems I ever encountered.

Bumping this to say I got one of these, plasti-dipped the bottom, and added a slip pocket for putters in the front with elastic drawstrings on the top (so you can keep it zipped), and.. I don't really need it. PM me if you're interested...

With the Remix $26 garbage; from reviews yes it is a tent/windbreaker type nylon and is fabric is so poor the bac will on some rip at the seam but due to the fabric and not the seam, the Dynamic disc small $20 bag and the $24 Innova Discover, my brothers Discover is holding up well even today hanging from a hook and I got that in Christmas 2018. I see no need for making a Disc Golf Backpack from a regular backpack bag today if they have a wide enough bag to hold discs to be used for disc golf as it seems the modern true disc golf backpack bags have a super low end/beginner style. Now some of these low end Disc Golf Backpacks are true beginner backpack bags others are crap copies of the Superhero style bag in the Remix.

Then step up to $35 for the Athetico Powershot Disc Golf Backpack, this bag I have is not bad for the price I would have paid $40 for the bag and it will last about as long or just a tad longer then the modern Trooper with the name on the bag, even the Prodigy Trooper like bag and the Innova Adventure a Trooper Knock off are from reviews better then the modern Trooper for about the same price $40-$45.

Last edited: