• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New from Quad Cities - Illinois/Iowa

Tomahawk Cook

Hi all!

This is my 2nd year discing - so I'd still consider myself pretty darn new. I just learned how to actually backhand this year! My forum name comes from my best shot - a monster tomahawk :D I used to be a pitcher in baseball, QB in football, etc., so I'm lucky to have a cannon for flick and tomahawk shots. I've also learned I'm extremely lucky to be in the Quad Cities because not everyone has 10 playable disc golf courses within 20mins of their house!

Hit me up on here if you want to get some rounds in. I play Camden 1/2 in Milan, Prospect Park in Moline, Eastern Ave in Davenport and Middle Park in Bettendorf all the time.

At some point I'm going to get down there and play as many of those courses as I can.

Welcome to the site, and be sure to use the cornucopia of form/technique/disc information to your benefit. I've got from a 275' to a 375' thrower basically using nothing but tips from this site...and still getting better!

Welcome to disc golf. Let the addiction take hold. :)

Yes we are extremely lucky in Eastern Iowa. I've played some highly rated courses outside our area and I always come back with greater appreciation for what we have...excellent courses and so much variety. Camden 2 is my brothers home course and we play at West Lake all the time because its the least total driving time for both of us combined. Don't miss West Lake! Take extra plastic! :hfive:

I live like an hour or so away from good courses in every direction. Welcome to the IL/IN disc golf scene. We have our own thread you might wanna check out.

Latest posts