• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Grip Equipment Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
QFT.

I'm getting really tired of reading all the bitching by people on here. They're turned a semi-useful thread into one that is almost completely useless. From what I can tell, only one person that has been complaining regularly has actually made a preorder. The rest are all trolling. As far as I'm concerned this thread should just be landfilled after next week and have a new one created so any future people don't have to wade through the mindless bitching about something the posters have no vested interest in.

Let me spell something out for the people complaining. I preordered within a week of them being available, and at no point have I felt cheated or wronged in the process. If this bag delivers (and I have every reason to believe it will) then I will have no problem supporting J@ and GripEq in the future, including preordering new products if I can.

lol blind leading the blind. Figure it out dude, its just bad business. And if he wants to take something (a product) public, be prepared for everything that comes with it. And this thread is exactly what his company is about, and future buyers should be aware of that. Start another thread at this point and it will be filled with the same un-happy people.

Just because he may be a good guy and a disc golfer doesn't mean s**t. But that's fine, if you want to stand behind his company, by all means do. I surely wouldn't support someone who does business this way.....my money is hard to come by and I don't just throw it around blindly. You need to earn it....

my money is hard to come by and I don't just throw it around blindly. You need to earn it....

I've been wanting to comment and compare Grip's issue with another DG company, and this example is too good to pass up, (but I don't mean to direct it at you in particular.)

Half of us on this thread complaining about bad business have "WILL BUY YOUR FLAT PEARLY ORCS" or "Blueberry CE Teebird for Sale, $70" in our signatures. We don't seem to complain as much when we spend 2-4x the cost of a current run disc for a particular run that Innova/Discraft/Gateway can't seem to manufacture consistently.

We're a forgiving bunch, Disc Golfers.

I've been wanting to comment and compare Grip's issue with another DG company, and this example is too good to pass up, (but I don't mean to direct it at you in particular.)

Half of us on this thread complaining about bad business have "WILL BUY YOUR FLAT PEARLY ORCS" or "Blueberry CE Teebird for Sale, $70" in our signatures. We don't seem to complain as much when we spend 2-4x the cost of a current run disc for a particular run that Innova/Discraft/Gateway can't seem to manufacture consistently.

We're a forgiving bunch, Disc Golfers.

lol, good point dude. But there is a difference. I've actually held the discs I want, so I know what they do. So spending more than they might be worth is a conscious decision I can make. Spending money on a product that doesn't even exist is a different thing.....

So, it's been a long hard road thus far. I pre-ordered one of these bags way back when and now i am excited to get it so long as I get it next week like J@ has promised. That being said, I will never, ever, buy another thing from this company. This whole situation was handled so poorly that i have lost all faith in Grip Eq. By dealing with the delays in the manner he did he has basically marred the name of his company beyond repair for some. I would prefer to say most but I can't rightfully say that.

As far as the customer/investor argument goes I see it like this:
We(pre-orders) are for all intents and purposes investors in this company. Seeing as how J@ most likely used the "collateral" of our pre-order monies to get a loan to start Grip Eq. What would happen if something fell through and the bags were never to be delivered and he owed the loan to the bank? We're up ****s creek without a paddle as our money would be used to pay the bank.

I am envious of the people that didn't pre-order. At this point, I wish I hadn't. That way I wouldn't have this whole debacle hanging over my head and I could have just waited for production and gotten one when they are in the hands of trusted sources. Instead, I had the pleasure of waiting to see if my money would ever materialize in a bag. As of now it looks like it will but truth be told, I'm not holding my breath.

So let's look down the road for Grip. Will J@ be able to get people to trust him for a pre-order of the smaller bag? Probably. Will it be on the scale of the original run pre-orders? Probably not. Will he need it to be that big? I would bet not. The capital he will have after this first run of bags is sold will hopefully(for him) be enough to front further expenses. This all hinges on the fabled product being as quality as has been promised by J@. If this bag turns out to be a dud with many malfunctions you can forget about ever seeing this company make it. After all the delays, he must deliver a product of the highest quality or his company will fold. People are willing to wait(not always patiently) for a quality product but definitely not for a shoddy one. If the pre-order customers waited this long for a bag that falls apart I can promise you J@ will never see another dime from anyone.

We all know after time this whole **** storm will blow over and we all will have learned our own personal lesson. Be it J@ learning the ****ty side of being a business owner, or me, learning that investing your money in a, at the time, non-existent company/product is a losing venture.

In the real world perception is reality. The perception of Grip Eq. is highly unfavorable at this moment. Can that change? Of course, but it is going to take time.

I will have no problem supporting J@ and GripEq in the future, including preordering new products if I can.

No F'n way! I will never order anything "preorder" from him again. Ive gotten nothing for my money for over 6 months now and I will not allow that to happen again.

Bags have supposedly flown through customs without any delays. Looks like these will finally be delivered before February.

So, it's been a long hard road thus far. I pre-ordered one of these bags way back when and now i am excited to get it so long as I get it next week like J@ has promised. That being said, I will never, ever, buy another thing from this company. This whole situation was handled so poorly that i have lost all faith in Grip Eq. By dealing with the delays in the manner he did he has basically marred the name of his company beyond repair for some. I would prefer to say most but I can't rightfully say that.

As far as the customer/investor argument goes I see it like this:
We(pre-orders) are for all intents and purposes investors in this company. Seeing as how J@ most likely used the "collateral" of our pre-order monies to get a loan to start Grip Eq. What would happen if something fell through and the bags were never to be delivered and he owed the loan to the bank? We're up ****s creek without a paddle as our money would be used to pay the bank.

I am envious of the people that didn't pre-order. At this point, I wish I hadn't. That way I wouldn't have this whole debacle hanging over my head and I could have just waited for production and gotten one when they are in the hands of trusted sources. Instead, I had the pleasure of waiting to see if my money would ever materialize in a bag. As of now it looks like it will but truth be told, I'm not holding my breath.

So let's look down the road for Grip. Will J@ be able to get people to trust him for a pre-order of the smaller bag? Probably. Will it be on the scale of the original run pre-orders? Probably not. Will he need it to be that big? I would bet not. The capital he will have after this first run of bags is sold will hopefully(for him) be enough to front further expenses. This all hinges on the fabled product being as quality as has been promised by J@. If this bag turns out to be a dud with many malfunctions you can forget about ever seeing this company make it. After all the delays, he must deliver a product of the highest quality or his company will fold. People are willing to wait(not always patiently) for a quality product but definitely not for a shoddy one. If the pre-order customers waited this long for a bag that falls apart I can promise you J@ will never see another dime from anyone.

We all know after time this whole **** storm will blow over and we all will have learned our own personal lesson. Be it J@ learning the ****ty side of being a business owner, or me, learning that investing your money in a, at the time, non-existent company/product is a losing venture.

In the real world perception is reality. The perception of Grip Eq. is highly unfavorable at this moment. Can that change? Of course, but it is going to take time.

i think right now their perceived reputation is so tarnished it will take years, or a lot of people that dont have a clue to turn it around. I know I wont ever buy from them

where can I pre-order one of the regular production bags?:p

in all seriousness, I did not preorder but I have had $ sitting in a box for a few months now just waiting for some real photos and reviews of production bags. sh** storm or not, I am getting one!

where can I pre-order one of the regular production bags?:p

in all seriousness, I did not preorder but I have had $ sitting in a box for a few months now just waiting for some real photos and reviews of production bags. sh** storm or not, I am getting one!

this

bad start etc etc blah blah
but once they are in the hands of the Post I mean Pre Op damnit Pre-Order folks and they post pics and I get a better idea of the product

then I will more than likely drop the cash

Wonder what happens if these things aren't that nice of build quality, will he take them back, or a return policy? Dunno, was very stoked about this bag like most were but think i'll be looking elsewhere.

Wonder what happens if these things aren't that nice of build quality, will he take them back, or a return policy? Dunno, was very stoked about this bag like most were but think i'll be looking elsewhere.

he does show a return policy on his webiste. if someone gets one and doesn't like it, contact me before you return it.

Hello all,
You cats seem to be basically up to date but I thought I'd drop this tasty little morsel on you. We're through customs and moving smoothly along. That's right, ZERO customs delay--not even one second--thanks to the power of good paperwork.

(I refuse to enter the fray on DGCR at this point... but if some of you want to relate this little bit of info over there and tease the trolls, I might get a or a out of it -- I mean I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin')

Much Love,
J@

he knows what we bin sayin
anyhoos the pre-ops should be happy soon

then the rest of mere mortals can get in on the action

Hello all,
You cats seem to be basically up to date but I thought I'd drop this tasty little morsel on you. We're through customs and moving smoothly along. That's right, ZERO customs delay--not even one second--thanks to the power of good paperwork.

(I refuse to enter the fray on DGCR at this point... but if some of you want to relate this little bit of info over there and tease the trolls, I might get a or a out of it -- I mean I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin')

Much Love,
J@

nice

Hello all,

Much Love,
J@

That's proof he's lying right there, there's never been any such thing as good paperwork. :| :p

Hello all,

Much Love,
J@

After the 20-leventh missed deadline you're still on the fool-er-coaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts