• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New here from SW Missouri

McLovin

Bogey Member
New here from SW Missouri (Joplin). I started playing disc golf about 18 years ago, but kind of quit after a few years. Wife and two kids later, I found my old discs a few years back and started playing again. Pretty much became fully addicted last season. This year I found this site and although this is my first post, I've been reading on here daily for the last 8 months. Think I'm on page 70 in general disk golf chat.

Got a practice basket for the backyard, and try to play as much as I can. I also entered my first tourney this year, the four states open. Although the only thing my disc seem to find the first day was OB and trees, the second day was great and it was all in all a great experience. Got to meet EMac, Feldberg, & Paige Bjerkas.
Goals for this year are to keep improving my form, play as many events and possible, and hopefully move to intermediate from rec by next years GBO.

Just want to thank Sidewinder and Perpetual Noob for your posts, they have helped me so much this last year. I do have one question though. What is Prerube?!

Oh, I threw that stick in the water. But only because I was trying to kill a snake.

Last edited:
Welcome. I played in the 4SO as well. Enjoyed it. I'm planning to play GBO as well (but I'll stick with Rec). :)