• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

well probably final update

i asked them why the star wraiths i purchased at the same time dont have the same patterns as the sidewinder

all i heard back was crickets

I used to be an old PFN Pro Leopard and PFN Star Leopard only guy, but starting to really like the G-Star Leopard3's.

I haven't had star plastic be that fragile, I buy and throw new stuff a lot. Even I-blend infinite is good.

well probably final update

i asked them why the star wraiths i purchased at the same time dont have the same patterns as the sidewinder

all i heard back was crickets
You seem to over look the fast they are completely different molds, and the blend of plastic they use might be different, slightly. It will have also dried, and done all that other stuff in a completely different environment. As NO DISC MANUFACTURER does this in a temperature controlled environment. So, what dries at 70º with 40% humidity is not going to be the same as 68ºf and 70% humidity.
It's also going to be hard to find a consistent shade of color across different molds. There's probably a reason for that which includes. the end user being able to distinguish what's what and the brighter shade that glows pink in UV light is this, and the slightly less bright that glows orange in UV light is this one.
I'm not defending bad practice. I'm just pointing out something you happen to be completely failing to factor in. Variables. By design. By mold. And with the very simple reality of working with material in a non environmentally controlled environment.

You seem to over look the fast they are completely different molds, and the blend of plastic they use might be different, slightly. It will have also dried, and done all that other stuff in a completely different environment. As NO DISC MANUFACTURER does this in a temperature controlled environment. So, what dries at 70º with 40% humidity is not going to be the same as 68ºf and 70% humidity.
It's also going to be hard to find a consistent shade of color across different molds. There's probably a reason for that which includes. the end user being able to distinguish what's what and the brighter shade that glows pink in UV light is this, and the slightly less bright that glows orange in UV light is this one.
I'm not defending bad practice. I'm just pointing out something you happen to be completely failing to factor in. Variables. By design. By mold. And with the very simple reality of working with material in a non environmentally controlled environment.
i was using the different molds as a recency example

i appreciate another long winded response but i feel like you are missing the point again

on a simpler level why is this star the only one that has gotten this terribly chewed up and none others have (historically or present)

do you have an answer for that

i was using the different molds as a recency example

i appreciate another long winded response but i feel like you are missing the point again

on a simpler level why is this star the only one that has gotten this terribly chewed up and none others have (historically or present)

do you have an answer for that
Not without touching the plastic, and comparing it to what I know, and have collected over the years. But, by sight in what you supplied. The dimple, and the faded factory related pen marks, and the weight which looks to be remarked. (I used to do re-weigh and sharpie ALL of my discs) My guess is It's going to be an older run, and that it looks harder and stiffer than nearly ANY of the recent star plastic.
Comparing it to what I have, and have beat the snot out of. The only star discs I have that has impact wear like that are old, and got near rocks. The new stuff I have when it smacks rocks. Doesn't show off its battle wounds like that.

Not without touching the plastic, and comparing it to what I know, and have collected over the years. But, by sight in what you supplied. The dimple, and the faded factory related pen marks, and the weight which looks to be remarked. (I used to do re-weigh and sharpie ALL of my discs) My guess is It's going to be an older run, and that it looks harder and stiffer than nearly ANY of the recent star plastic.
Comparing it to what I have, and have beat the snot out of. The only star discs I have that has impact wear like that are old, and got near rocks. The new stuff I have when it smacks rocks. Doesn't show off its battle wounds like that.

i have probably a 5-8 year gap when i didnt throw star at all and this is the newest star ive had (decided to revisit it)

upon closer examination the embossed "sidewinder" is pretty much ghost stamped and not actually imprinted into the plastic

penned 171 but no markings of "s sw" or anything of the like

the plastic has slight "pearl" swirl which looks closer to gstarr than a true star

im actually almost about to play a round ill do a course with trees and sandy soil and see what happens and report back

there isnt much rocks around here (central mn) and i swear its from tree hits

also fwiw to anyone innova did reach back out and said its a million different factors like tree bark or force or angle or any of that but they did confirm its the "same blend" as usual and for the rest of their discs and i thanked them for the info

yikes third pic disc bottom is rough

im not sure what to really say

nothing was obvious as the first set of pics but it still got easily chewed up

i thought of this on the course that i cannot "exactly" know if i hit a rock on landing or not

however for general comparison i threw my gstarr every time i would throw my star

the star def got moar scratches and chips than the gstarr

i played in about 35f degree weather with some slush on the ground with mostly pine and sand or grass/slush landings

oddly enough i did chain out with the star sw

Got the new-ish InnColor Aviar 'stamped' P&A (175g) on a F2 DX Aviar in a recent factory store order and noticed the mold name embossed instead of debossed (pressed into) the disc after molding. The embossing is within the 'ring' at the center of the bottom flight plate as AVIAR. This is a minor change for Innova in how they label their mold name onto discs so it might be their go forward strategy for certain molds they produce. The other tooling around the outer edge is pretty standard looking for the Aviar P&A ( INNOVA CHAMPION DISCS. INC. WWWW.INNOVADISCS.COM /// MADE IN U.S.A).

DX blend still feels great for this Aviar P&A and the InnColor stamp isn't too distracting. Directly replaces the one I lost last summer just as I was getting familiar with how it flew 😆.

new information

my drive kicked off a tree and into the road and a stupid ass amazon driver in one of their vans goin about 30-40mph ran over my gstarr sw

biggest damage was the crease in the wing and then a rubber mark

however the disc didnt get chips and knicks and chit like one might expect and all the dings were preexisting

gstarr > star and especially f that star i showed pics of above which hits a patch of grass and somehow gets chipped

anyways this one is now goin to become a water disc

It seems like the decent star discs have either been halo or gstar in the last year or so. Maybe it's just me but only a star RR has made the bag lately.

Pro Shop releases:
Star Wolf
MF Champ Racer w/ Protostar stamp

New Soft Pro:
Polecat
Rhyno
Pig
Toro
Invader

Commemorative releases:
Heimburg Halo Star Toro (maybe remainders from '23 TS? Same colors at least) for DDO win
Salonen Halo Star Caiman for Chess.com win
Salonen bottom stamp Proto Glow Star AviarX3 for Champions Cup Major win
Scoggins Halo Champion Destroyer for Open @ Austin

Star team tour series:
Heimburg Halo Proto Glow Star Destroyer
Blomroos Proto Glow Star Destroyer
Koling Proto Glow Halo Star Thunderbird
Salonen Halo Proto Glow Star Aviar3
King MF Champ TB3
Barsby Proto Glow Halo Champion Eagle
Korver Proto Glow Halo Star Tern
Heimburg Halo Star Groove :ROFLMAO:
Wiggins Glow Halo Star Boss (don't know if proto glow blend)
Weese Halo Star Valkyrie
Freeman Proto Glow Halo Star Savant
Mertsch Halo Star Polecat
J. Allen Proto Color Glow Champ Teebird
Brathwaite Swirly Star Destroyer
Williams Halo Nexus Pig

Proto Glow is pretty bright for the Heimburg Destroyer and Salonen commemorative AviarX3 I got. Kinda surprised no one picked a Hawkeye/TL3/Leo3 kind of neutral Fairway or many mid range discs except the Pig. Champion team releases did have a few more approach/putters earlier in the year. Star team members get 2x tour series so we'll have to wait till after all the first releases complete (Sexton & Scoggins remain) to see the next releases this year. Pro shop still has some '23 Star team tour series up for sale.

Latest posts