• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

IkTaTrE.jpg

Managed to nab two Teal colored Mason Ford Halo Sidewinders from the local pro shop. Unlike many Halo discs I've bought, these are rather flat, and not much more overstable than my Swirly Star Jennings Sidewinder. I also have a 166g pop-top F2 Halo Sidewinder that flies noticeably more overstable compared to these Mason Ford ones.

I saw some halo Valks in a local store a week ago. I don't even throw Valks but the halo plastic is so yummy I was really tempted to try one.

Kinda funny Dave D mentioned the P2 by name in the video. Medium profile with a bead made me think p3x immediately, even though the two discs are a bit different profile wise. Isn't the nose of the p3x more rounded? So maybe this is more like a smooshed p1x?

Makes you wonder if aviar sales have been dropping off in more recent years? I know Innova is huge, and sells to a lot of the big box stores, but there are so many brands on the market now with so many putter molds. No doubt the aviar and all of the variations are a dg classic, but during the Covid boom how many of those new players were grabbing an aviar as their putter?

I'd bet fewer than you'd think.

This video really just hammered home how much they're pushing the Invader and the Animal, which, combined with the lack of availability, makes me think my putting putters may be going oop (Bullfrogs) :|

The Invader is nearly identical to a Bullfrog in feel and flight. They list the glide as lower with the Bullfrog but I call hogwash. Very close if anything I could say the Bullfrog has a half tick more glide to it. If they run Invaders in XT it would be interesting to do a direct plastic comparison.

Kinda funny Dave D mentioned the P2 by name in the video. Medium profile with a bead made me think p3x immediately, even though the two discs are a bit different profile wise. Isn't the nose of the p3x more rounded? So maybe this is more like a smooshed p1x?

Makes you wonder if aviar sales have been dropping off in more recent years? I know Innova is huge, and sells to a lot of the big box stores, but there are so many brands on the market now with so many putter molds. No doubt the aviar and all of the variations are a dg classic, but during the Covid boom how many of those new players were grabbing an aviar as their putter?

I'd bet fewer than you'd think.

Based on the data that Infinite has published on their blog, it seems that Aviar sales are doing fine if Infinite is representative of online sales overall. Also since Aviars are often the only putter available at big box stores (either separate or as part of a starter set) a new player going to a Big 5 or DSG is almost certainly grabbing an Aviar. Even with all these different putters, it seems that the top selling putters are still more or less the same (Luna, Aviar, P2/Alpaca, Wizard, Zone if you count it) with the Luna as the relative newcomer, showing off the McBeth brand equity.

XT and KC Pro Animals are rolling out now, OTB has some and mostly rated at (5) somewhat domey

good lord the sound quality is ear numbing

the reverb is waaay too noticeable and does not fit the environment

choppy fade outs inbetween sentences

it was so distracting i could barely focus on what big d was preaching about

i wish he could spell out the names of the discs for each new disc it makes me realize he really knows what he is talkin about

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but I am loving the latest champion plastic Innova is using. I have found it in teebirds, firebirds, OLFs, and thunderbirds so far. It is a little bit softer and has way more tack than the standard champion plastic. It feels closer to Opto plastic than something innova would use. I will say it seems like a lot of the discs I have seen are molding up on the flatter side in this plastic as well.

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but I am loving the latest champion plastic Innova is using. I have found it in teebirds, firebirds, OLFs, and thunderbirds so far. It is a little bit softer and has way more tack than the standard champion plastic. It feels closer to Opto plastic than something innova would use. I will say it seems like a lot of the discs I have seen are molding up on the flatter side in this plastic as well.

that sounds great

hows the durability or is that too soon to tell yet

Ohh gosh, I hope its not like opto. Opto is trash plastic to me.