• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Price on Innova Echo

SpringDgLover

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Just saw on DG Values they have dropped all the prices on Echo plastic to $12.95. Which I'm guessing is in response to the pricing for all the BioFuzion and Regrind stuff by Lat64 being that price as well. It always bothered me that Echo was more then regular Star, glad to see a competitor was finally able to push Innova to change something.

That was my assertion too but some else on this forum who was claiming to be a retailer stated that Innova disclosed to him that it's a different plastic blend. Seems like classic trolling to me but we'll see.

Echo has always been the same price as star

Odds are Echo is changing or getting cancelled at that type of price drop

A change to a cheap blend(probably based on supply or a new higher price blend) would set echo apart from the premium stuff that has flooded the market

Directly from the INNOVA Product Update:

Echo is STILL the grippy, earth friendly fusion of our high-end reprocessed plastics.....

http://dealer.innovadiscs.com/

There is the information from the source for any that care to click the link.

I think this is a good thing and like others the pricing of Echo has always bothered me. I love the grip and feel of a lot of the discs, which like anything can be hit or miss, but they were always priced $1.00 more than Star at the local shops.

The new champ blend and now this reduction in price of recycled material are both in direct response to Lat, IMO. They've brought some serious competition to the game.

What's next.... super pearly, swirly colorshifty star teebirds? Yes, please!

are they putting a different stamp on them now?

The answer to this question can be found in the link posted above.

For those that don't want to click the link and read the information direct from INNOVA, here is the shortened version:

Echo is still the same plastic with a lower price. The hot stamps will remain the same for now.

Here is the link again!!!!!

The answer to this question can be found in the link posted above.

For those that don't want to click the link and read the information direct from INNOVA, here is the shortened version:

Echo is still the same plastic with a lower price. The hot stamps will remain the same for now.

Here is the link again!!!!!

guess im dyslexic cause i looked at that flyer lol

So, they're dropping "star" from the name. Has it always just been reground star discs, or has it been a champ/star blend? I haven't really messed with it much.

Whether they're starting to mix in champ now or always have, the fact that the Champ blend is "new," would necessarily imply a new Echo blend, no?

The stamp still says "Star" if you look at the disc in the link. Since the stamp will stay the same, I don't think they're changing the name.

It also says that the MSRP will go down to $15.99. That's still bunk, IMO. They should be cheaper than either Star or Champ since they're still just a blend of re-ground up X-outs and leftovers. At least Lat got the price point right with their recycled line.

Edit: my bad.... it says name change right under the heading, but the stamp stays the same.

Last edited:
The stamp still says "Star" if you look at the disc in the link. Since the stamp will stay the same, I don't think they're changing the name.

It also says that the MSRP will go down to $15.99. That's still bunk, IMO. They should be cheaper than either Star or Champ since they're still just a blend of re-ground up X-outs and leftovers. At least Lat got the price point right with their recycled line.

Edit: my bad.... it says name change right under the heading, but the stamp stays the same.

MSRP is typically not the retail sticker price, though. If the MSRP is 17.99, most shops would be asking 15.99. I expect to see these are 13.99.

Odds are Echo is changing or getting cancelled at that type of price drop

Innova dropped the price because Lat's recycled line was going to hurt the sales of eco line and make them look like they are overcharging for a regrind product. Say that's just a rumor or my opinion but I heard it directly from someone who would know.

Innova dropped the price because Lat's recycled line was going to hurt the sales of eco line and make them look like they are overcharging for a regrind product. Say that's just a rumor or my opinion but I heard it directly from someone who would know.

Yeah basically what I said and every retailer I knew always charged a buck more for it which was totally lame. As for what plastics are grinded into it, I really dont know, it always just felt like a slightly softer, grippier version of Star to me. Oh and Poppy Topped Echo Destroyers are the Shi% when they arent Destrulcans of course.

Yeah basically what I said and every retailer I knew always charged a buck more for it which was totally lame. As for what plastics are grinded into it, I really dont know, it always just felt like a slightly softer, grippier version of Star to me. Oh and Poppy Topped Echo Destroyers are the Shi% when they arent Destrulcans of course.

Innova's stuff feels like mostly star and pro regrind to me. I think they just sell their xouts of champ on their website and if they have bubbles they call it blizzard enhanced which in layman's terms is dog turd. :\

Star MSRP is 17.99.
Champion MSRP is $16.99.
Blizzard MSRP is $16.99.
Echo MSRP is $15.99.

Echo Star is now just Echo.

Latest posts