• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Roc3

the domey ones are a little different but what i must say is the reason it took so long for me to decided if i wanted to put my name on the Roc3 is probably the same reason you are saying it hasn't replaced you other rocs yet. (currently have 3 roc3s 1 dx 1 kc) it took me 3 weeks to finally realize this is what i have been missing, i was scared because i know what i'm getting from a kc or dx but this has just added that wow factor to my bag and now i can throw lines i never thought i could with a roc. i'm sure after your winter use you will have the same opinion :thmbup::popcorn:

I do hope that you are right McBeth, Ive been searching for premium straight rocs and I have never been able to find anything like a good beat in DX or KC

I've thrown a handful of Roc3's now and it is a testament to Innova's inconsistency that I haven't found two that have had an identical flight pattern.

I have a blue 168 Roc3 big bird that is crazy overstable and a 174 dayglo double proto stamp that has replaced my buzzzes for straight narrow shots.

I like my 175 orange big bird that turns and glides

edit

waiting for mine to come in the mail so i can see how it throws compared to my other rocs

What shape am i looking for to get one that flies like it is supposed to?

Maybe i got a freak few but i have all identical flat tops . 2 are 180 and one is 175. My blue 180 flies how it is supposed to, the green 180 has a slight turn and same fade as the blue, and the 175 orange can turn over and glide like a beat in dx or s curve when thrown with a little hyzer.

Rusch, I'm only throwing the flat top ones and I think they fly as described. Since all the testers and first run of these were flattened I would expect domey ones to act weird. These still haven't earned a place in the tourney bag but they are gunning for the fresh ching roc spot.

I have 3 protos and 4 of the first production run. I throw with a bit of hyzer and they all flip up and fly straight to about the 280-300 foot range. Very consistent. My only complaint is the plus ish mold.

I have thrown 3 Roc3's 177-180 and I think they can fill the space as your OS Roc that retains it's flight characteristics longer so you don't have to cycle in a new DX or KC ever so often. I think Innova does what they can to produce on a large scale but every disc is unique.

I made sure when I was buying my production Roc3 that it was flat. Flies really straight with minimal fade at the end. Got a blue w/ white stamp 180g and I love it.

I had never thrown a Roc until I threw the Roc3 this last week. My buddy had been hounding me for months about getting one, so I threw his Roc3, now I am hooked. I threw a Karma, which I loved, and a Buzzz, which was okay for me, but now I have the Roc3 and a couple of other Rocs in my bag...I really wish I would not have been so hard headed about this disc before, did not want to feed into the hype I guess, now I am a believer!

Last edited:
I tried a Buzz. Way to flippy

What kind of Buzzz did you throw? All of my 170-172 new Z Buzzes have absolutely no turn. The X and Pro D ones I tried were flippy, and ESP can beat into flippy, but I think you'd be very happy with a Z Buzzz.

some of mine are similar to a buzz but 2 of them are way overstable, they look to have about the same amount of dome. all protos or BB

What kind of Buzzz did you throw? All of my 170-172 new Z Buzzes have absolutely no turn. The X and Pro D ones I tried were flippy, and ESP can beat into flippy, but I think you'd be very happy with a Z Buzzz.

Two 178 Z buzzes, 1 purple one blue.

Latest posts