• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Roc3

Buzzzes can be flippy when thrown flat. Add a bit of hyzer and they will resist the flip and go straight. It's what they do.

Rocs also handle high power throws better than buzzzes.

As I throw the Roc3 more I actually find myself wanting to use it for more shots. It definately has a place in my bag now.:clap:

I'm starting to throw my Rocs off the tee for pretty much any shot 200'-300'. It's an amazing disc, and once you learn how to throw it, your game will improve immensely.. IMO.

I'm starting to throw my Rocs off the tee for pretty much any shot 200'-300'. It's an amazing disc, and once you learn how to throw it, your game will improve immensely.. IMO.

Agreed. Same thing going on here.

I have one singed by Paul McBeth Brand new GCC stamped pre release. If interested please pm me.

Pmb r3.jpg

Flat ones are way more controllable - hold any line, any time no matter how much you put on it. What bums me out is how you can buy two "identical" discs online and one is flat as a board and the other has a big dome. Anyone know the difference in how the domed ones fly? I have stuck with the flat tops for now.

Well I bought a few Glow Roc3's from DGV. I did just make a glow bag. That's how I justify it. Here is a pic.
KGrHqRh4FDiuI0K6BRMDH08HvQ60_57_zps411b2d0a.jpg

I had a chance to fondle a new stock Roc3 that my noob brother-in-law picked up. That is one sexy disc. The color, the way the plastic feels, gummy, and grippy...it's the kind of disc that you buy, and you don't care how it flies. It looks that good.

I didn't throw it, but it was flying pretty straight for him. Definitely a good buy for a noob.

It's a good buy for anybody. Rocs are slightly OS so normally I wouldn't reccomend them for newer players, but watching new guys throw the Roc3 I can say it's actually a pretty good fit. I'll post a picture later of how chewed up my Roc3 is...I jsut got it a week ago...that's how much I've been using it. Even at work, I find myself taking breaks just to go throw it for about ten minutes. Of all the discs in my bag, the Tangent and the Roc3 look the most well-used because I've just been throwing them that much.

I'm a newb to the game and absolutely love the Roc3. It's my most dependable mid. Longer than my buzzz and just the right amount of fade.

Can anyone comment on how these discs handle being driven into 5-15mph headwinds in the 325-380' range? Better or worse than a fresh max weight KC Pro? Rocs are one of my favorite mids and these new ones feel really nice. I've been tempted to test one out, just wondering if they're better or worse into the wind than KC's.

Can anyone comment on how these discs handle being driven into 5-15mph headwinds in the 325-380' range? Better or worse than a fresh max weight KC Pro? Rocs are one of my favorite mids and these new ones feel really nice. I've been tempted to test one out, just wondering if they're better or worse into the wind than KC's.
A good KC Pro is much better into the wind than the Roc 3 from what I have been finding out.

A couple thoughts:

Would anyone else like to see these in a "pro" plastic?

Is anyone else experimenting with varying weights to cover a variety of shots?

My 172 BB is so stable and workable, I'd like to try a 176 to challenge my Pain and a 168 to push the Fuse. Sort of a cycling thing using weight instead of wear.

A couple thoughts:

Would anyone else like to see these in a "pro" plastic?

Is anyone else experimenting with varying weights to cover a variety of shots?

My 172 BB is so stable and workable, I'd like to try a 176 to challenge my Pain and a 168 to push the Fuse. Sort of a cycling thing using weight instead of wear.

Not sure that would would work. I have a lime green 173 Roc 3 that is more overstable than my 180 purple Roc 3. No visible differences in the molds at all. My purple requires a slight hyzer release then it will flip up and fly straight with a slight fade at the end. Thrown flat it will turn and finish with no fade. The lime green I can throw hard and flat and it will not even think about turning.

Not sure that would would work. I have a lime green 173 Roc 3 that is more overstable than my 180 purple Roc 3. No visible differences in the molds at all. My purple requires a slight hyzer release then it will flip up and fly straight with a slight fade at the end. Thrown flat it will turn and finish with no fade. The lime green I can throw hard and flat and it will not even think about turning.

So much for that theory.. :doh:

Is there a difference in dome? My 172 flattened perfectly and is Warship/Buzzz ss-ish. I would love to find a overstable version around that weight.

The dome on both are exactly the same. I usually only throw max weight so when the lighter weight lime green one was more stable I was a bit surprised.

i love rocs and carry 4 in my bag, but i'm still trying to figure out if the roc3 doesn't overlap my overstable flat dx roc. my roc3 is doomy and seems to start to fade much sooner than my stock of rancho dx rocs.

Latest posts