• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New shoes

I've been using a pair of Salomon XR Missions for a couple months now. So far holding up great (6'2" 275lbs) and they've been having to go with me into our crappy muddy water a bit here recently. Very comfortable and the lacing system is pretty convenient. Gander mountain has them on sale right now too.

How's the grip and wear and how often do you play?

I play everyday pretty much. The wear is comparable to my basketball shoes as the sides do not wear out at all like my running shoes. They are basically basketball shoes with more grip for grass and stuff. I have never had problems off the teebox.

Downside for you would be that they were priced at $120.

Also that they're not a mid height. Deal breaker. Here's what I'm looking at.

12190_l.jpg

Pull the trigger already! :hfive:

You are gonna be hard pressed to find a better deal that also meets your criteria. Under $100 - check, Vibram soles - check, Mid height - check and they are Merrells with Gore-tex.

I picked up the same Merrell Chameleons only in the low cut, they were more expensive than this deal. Loving my Chameleons, very comfy. My Moabs finally wore out after 4-5 years, so sticking with Merrell's was my preference.

Wish I would saw this deal. :thmbup:

Also that they're not a mid height. Deal breaker. Here's what I'm looking at.

12190_l.jpg

:( I'm returning my pair of these this morning.. hoping it's just a bad pair but the sole is seperating from the toe.. I don't wear mine much except to play in, and some hiking. Rarely do they even see my feet during the week. I was hoping this thread would give me better ideas on what to trade them in for this morning. They did last longer than my Earths(?). Might just get another pair of these and see if it's me or the shoe. Thankfully I got them at REI, the only place to drop $100+ on shoes.

Macys.com has hightop hedgehogs on clearance. Like 77 buck. The hightops usually go for 140.

Another vote for the New Balance 1521s. I got mine online at Joe's New Balance Outlet.

What I like about Joe's is each listing tells you which last they use to make the model. Find one you like, and every shoe you get will fit. They also have good customer service.

Really though, at 6'1" and 300+, any shoes that lasts 6 months is a good shoe for me lol. Talking about shoes lasting years.... That's crazy to me.

Pull the trigger already! :hfive:

You are gonna be hard pressed to find a better deal that also meets your criteria. Under $100 - check, Vibram soles - check, Mid height - check and they are Merrells with Gore-tex.

I picked up the same Merrell Chameleons only in the low cut, they were more expensive than this deal. Loving my Chameleons, very comfy. My Moabs finally wore out after 4-5 years, so sticking with Merrell's was my preference.

Wish I would saw this deal. :thmbup:

Pulled the trigger today. We'll see how they do this summer.

Teva Riva eVent shoes

Been wearing teva's for about 3 years now.I got my first pair while i was living/working in yosemite national park for kick around shoes. Took me around year and a half to rag out my first pair, literally wearing them everyday for work and hiking on my time off. when it came time for a new pair i just couldnt get into anything else, so i got me another pair and started to golf in them. Best. Shoe. Ever.
http://www.rei.com/product/789077/t...56445&ef_id=c3VP1pnIKwoAAFpr:20130602221138:s

They go on sale fairly often. ive never paid more than $105 for a pair.

Last edited:
My Chameleon IVs are scheduled for delivery tomorrow, just in time to play Toboggan Wednesday :hfive:

Vibram or bust!

I got a pair of keens something-or-other to start the year with. They are almost worn flat at the ball of my plant foot. I play 2-4 rounds per week. It's been 5 months. My previous pair of Moabs lasted 2 years before reaching the state these keens are in. Good thing i got these Keens 60% off. They are barely worth that sale price.

Vibram or bust!

I got a pair of keens something-or-other to start the year with. They are almost worn flat at the ball of my plant foot. I play 2-4 rounds per week. It's been 5 months. My previous pair of Moabs lasted 2 years before reaching the state these keens are in. Good thing i got these Keens 60% off. They are barely worth that sale price.

I have been less than thrilled with my Keens also.

After a week of playing in damp grass/rain, I realized that waterproof shoes are more important than I originally thought. I decided to try a couple different pairs to see if I could find a manufacturer that I like. They're all Vibram soled (first experience). I'm so happy that my trip was cheaper than I had planned. I've been needing new disc golf shoes for forever!

-Saloman Speedcross 3's: should be here today. I said I would never order another pair of Salomans after my last pair wore out in three months, but I remember them being so comfortable that I decided to try them again. Their lacing system is sweet too.

-North Face Hedgehogs: on their way in another couple weeks. I have a pair of North Face boots for winter that I love. After three winters, they still look great and are plenty comfortable.

-New Balance Minimus: should be here today. I decided to try some to see how I like the "barefoot" approach.

I have been less than thrilled with my Keens also.

After a week of playing in damp grass/rain, I realized that waterproof shoes are more important than I originally thought. I decided to try a couple different pairs to see if I could find a manufacturer that I like. They're all Vibram soled (first experience). I'm so happy that my trip was cheaper than I had planned. I've been needing new disc golf shoes for forever!

-Saloman Speedcross 3's: should be here today. I said I would never order another pair of Salomans after my last pair wore out in three months, but I remember them being so comfortable that I decided to try them again. Their lacing system is sweet too.

-North Face Hedgehogs: on their way in another couple weeks. I have a pair of North Face boots for winter that I love. After three winters, they still look great and are plenty comfortable.

-New Balance Minimus: should be here today. I decided to try some to see how I like the "barefoot" approach.
i have the hedge hogs and minims. you will love them both. the hedgehogs i have are on their third season and still have plenty of life left in them. the minimus is awesome. feel great and more durable than i thought at first.

Latest posts