• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New shoes

So are Vibram soles so good because they're grippy or durable or both?

Both. They are certainly much more durable than Keens.

I have several pairs of Keens. They are all extremely comfortable, but the durability just isn't up to the level of the other brands. If they would just quit trying to make their own soles and go with Vibram they'd be better off.

Those Teva eVents are another shoe that I have and I will say they are just as comfortable as any Keens I've had and they have the Vibram soles. A buddy of mine says he's been buying them for 80-90 bucks pretty regularly at a Shoe Carnival store.

Shoe Carnival link... Teva eVent Mesh

These aren't waterproof, but a couple coats of the waterproofing spray will pretty much do the job.

I bought the pair I have for a backpacking trip through France and Spain that included a couple days of hiking mixed in. Wore them pretty much everyday over there and they couldn't have performed any better. They are now my casual shoe of choice and will evently get kicked to DG duty after my current Keens wear out.

Look what I got today!

Normal is boring!
af37df20-6e56-42ed-a8b5-4e1a9d0b4ac0_zps3911d25f.jpg

He got new salomons yesterday, i got new salomons yesterday too. I got the black and yellow XR Mission CS. Biggest sellers for me was tread, waterproof tongue cover, and a reinforced toe.

resizeImage.aspx

I showed those to my wife and she said she was blind now and her retinas were rebelling :)

I'm sold on general principle. Anything that bright that will make my wife roll her at me (again) is good thing:)

Besides the tread looks awesome, and Solomon makes a great product.

I dunno, that tread looks like it's asking to be ground off on concrete tees, but hopefully it's a lot tougher than that.

All I can say is, holysheepsh**t,! those things are loud! I can see people asking you to stand outside their visual field while they're throwing.

They'll be brown soon enough...

They aren't nearly as crazy as the Salomans, but these are my other pair of shoes.
02-New-Balance-MT10v1-Minimus-Orange-Black-Mens-Trail-Running-Shoe.jpg

Last edited:
-Saloman Speedcross 3's: should be here today. I said I would never order another pair of Salomans after my last pair wore out in three months, but I remember them being so comfortable that I decided to try them again. Their lacing system is sweet too.

Order by 3rd pair of Salomon Speedcross 3's yesterday. I have one Climashield (CS) and one regular pair. My new ones are CS as well from Amazon using Father's Day code for around $94. I'll never wear anything else. All my buddy's Keens are falling apart.

The SC3 CS version in 1/2 size larger than your normal shoe is so comfortable that I could were them to bed. After slipping on wet grass and falling at the 2012 US Masters, I wanted something with an aggressive tread and waterproof. So I use the CS version for wet early morning rounds in the dew and the regular ones when it's dry. You won't be disappointed.