• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

SkaBob said:
That's alright, we don't need some guy that gets to play whenever he wants getting a big head about being our wise elder or anything! :twisted:

LOL.

Hey bud, as far as DG goes, I"m the youngster around here. Got a lot to learn.

Woodpecker< made it this far. Where's your garauntee?

Jeronimo said:
Hello Paul! I have just the right threads for you:

Rotator Cuff:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16406

Hernias:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15575

Just messing, welcome to the boards :wink:

Now, that's funny!

Guess a little sport's history is in order. In my late twenties, I played a couple of years on the pro raquetball tour. Blew both knees out. At 35, they wanted to do a double knee replacement on me. I told them I was going out with the same equipment I came in with.

To quench my competive nature, I crawled to the underbelly of society into the subculture of the pool/billiard world. Spent three years as a road player, the next seventeen building, owning and managing pool rooms and the last ten years building the most successful regional 9 ball Tour in the nation which I retired from last September.

A year ago, August, I weighed over 220 and decided I didn't want to go through the latter years of my life as a fat tub of crap on wobbly knees. That's when some friends of mine introduced me to disc golf. It's been love ever since.

Now, I weigh 188 now and feel better than I have in 20 years.

Because of the knees and rotation problems, I developed my forehand first. Now, that the weight is down and my legs are stronger, I'm working on my backhand.

I know my days are over for competing in the upper divisions in any sport, but my goal is to go compete in the World's in the next two years in the "ol' fart" division.

Woodpecker

AdamCaudle said:
Hey everybody! I'm new!

toothyfish said:
I'm new to this board, at least as far as joining, though searches have led me here to the articles and some of the videos.

My real name is Rob, been playing since July 09, though I played a couple rounds in '93 when the Viper held the distance record and a Stingray was an ultra long driver. Wish I still had those discs... :(

Currently living in northern NJ, own too many discs, and have adopted a bag of "old school" favorites like Rocs, Gazelles, Teebirds, and Eagles.

Great site! Tons of really helpful information...and I see alot of familiar usernames from DGCR.

Welcome to both of you as well. I didn't want you guys to feel neglected thanks to paul :lol:

Jeronimo said:
Welcome to both of you as well. I didn't want you guys to feel neglected thanks to paul :lol:

They're DGCR refugees.

Come sit by the fire Adam and Toothy, here's a nice blanket and some warm soup. Don't worry about your strength, we've got enough comets to go around until you get your health back.

No disc is as good for recouperating from message board refugee status as a Comet!

Timko said:
SkaBob said:
No disc is as good for recouperating from message board refugee status as a Comet!

I heard that when Chuck Norris cries, he cries Comets.

Crap! Now I've got to go the search function and grind through a thousand threads to find out what the joke is about Comets.

Thanks from a noobie,

Woodpecker<figures he has to pay his dues to be part of the group.

Woodpecker said:
Timko said:
SkaBob said:

Crap! Now I've got to go the search function and grind through a thousand threads to find out what the joke is about Comets.

Thanks from a noobie,

the real joke is that we have a 100+ page thread about em :wink:

Jesse B 707 said:
Woodpecker said:
Timko said:
SkaBob said:

Thanks from a noobie,

the real joke is that we have a 100+ page thread about em :wink:

No the REAL joke is that it was basically kept afloat by the same 7-9 members yapping endlessly about them. :D

Like all immigrants, they have to deal with the immigrants that came off the boat first. Adam, Toothy, Woodpecker, I expect to have some Comets in tribute or I'll burn down your neighborhood Gangs of New York style.

BrotherDave said:
Like all immigrants, they have to deal with the immigrants that came off the boat first. Adam, Toothy, Woodpecker, I expect to have some Comets in tribute or I'll burn down your neighborhood Gangs of New York style.

Wait are you Bill the Butcher or the corrupt politican?

Frank Delicious said:
Jeronimo said:

They're DGCR refugees.

Come sit by the fire Adam and Toothy, here's a nice blanket and some warm soup. Don't worry about your strength, we've got enough comets to go around until you get your health back.

Have we made some tremendous exodus from slavery to the Promised Land? Weeks of wandering through other sites and forums, only to finally arrive at disc golf nirvana?

Frank Delicious said:
Jeronimo said:

They're DGCR refugees.

Hey, wait a minute, this blanket is infected with small pox. Curses!

BrotherDave said:
Frank Delicious said:
Jeronimo said:

They're DGCR refugees.

shoot, I knew you'd see that. I just gave you the blankets to distract you from what I did to the soup.

Frank Delicious said:
BrotherDave said:
Frank Delicious said:
Jeronimo said:

They're DGCR refugees.

shoot, I knew you'd see that. I just gave you the blankets to distract you from what I did to the soup.
*spews soup over Frank's face*

Oh GOD! I'm been infected! someone call the paramedics! quick! Tell them I've digested a large amount of monkey crap and rhino sperm laced with PCP and the engineered virus ZX-21.