• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

not sure if i've ever introduced myself, but i've been soaking up the knowledge for a while. i'm jake, from northeast iowa, and i like to play disc golf.

Greetings,

My name is Kristian, originally Danish now living in Sweden. I first tried discgolf august last year in Morris Park, Fairmont WV. I was out with 3 friends and this guy Craig (maybe a member on this board?) joined us on the course and threw further than I imagined possible. Since then I've been hooked, started playing here in Sweden as soon as I got home and just recently found this board. So far the technique threads have sparked my motivation to improve immensly, so thanks to everyone contributing

Hello
I've been here off and on to read and decided to join after seeing this thread. Disc golf is a great game and it has certainly changed my life. I think for the good but sometimes I wonder : ) I look forward to sharing in the obsession.

I throw:
Star destroyer
Star eagle
Glo teebird
Dx leopard
glo roc
Wizard

What up! Been reading the forums here off and on for a bit, decided to say hello. Been playing pretty regularly about 2 years now in Greensboro, NC and currently frequent the Barber Park, Johnson St, and Burlington courses. Would love to get down to Charlotte and check out some of the courses down there, been hearing alot of good things about them. I'm an active disc trader on discaroo.com and spend way too much money on plastic. I love rocs of various types and just picked up my first CE firebird (uh oh). Currently I'm throwing voodoos, drone/rocs, teebirds (sometimes PD's), firebirds, and wraiths (sometimes destroyers). Looking forward to contributing on the forums! Later.

You might know a couple of guys on here from the High Point area. Trey113, RockyTigr and Wiggins Jr are all on here.

johnc99 said:
What up! Been reading the forums here off and on for a bit, decided to say hello. Been playing pretty regularly about 2 years now in Greensboro, NC and currently frequent the Barber Park, Johnson St, and Burlington courses. Would love to get down to Charlotte and check out some of the courses down there, been hearing alot of good things about them. I'm an active disc trader on discaroo.com and spend way too much money on plastic. I love rocs of various types and just picked up my first CE firebird (uh oh). Currently I'm throwing voodoos, drone/rocs, teebirds (sometimes PD's), firebirds, and wraiths (sometimes destroyers). Looking forward to contributing on the forums! Later.
Yo, I go to UNCG. G'boro, representin'!

Hey fellas. My name is Brian. I am an amateur/beginner level player. I just love to get outside and enjoy the game. I am constantly trying to refine my game and improve my control. I mainly play at seymour park in omaha, ne. You will be seeing me over on the disc dye forum soon as I am going to start experimenting with dyes in the coming weeks.

Sup board, My name is Rob currently from Belgrade montana. I've only been playing a couple weeks now but I never take things lightly and have been practicing daily. Been trolling about a week waiting to get activated on here! But a lot of good information so far and been passing it on to a lot of the people at the local course.

Hey, I'm Phil from the south Chicago burbs in Illinois. I started playing 12 years ago purely casually as a teenager. This year I decided to step my game up, and my search for info led me here. :mrgreen:

Hi All.
Name is Dan if you couldn't tell from my very cleaver handle. Anyway I have been playing disc golf casually with some success for about 4 years. I guess I say I naturally threw the disc pretty far about 300-350 without a run up. I never had any motivation to increase my technique or game because I would beat my buddies every time. I am trying to take disc golf more seriously now and think I have some potential for tournaments in the future. I primarily throw back hand and I am righty. I enjoy the thumber as a good way to push distance to the right. At any rate that me for now, hope to learn and contribute as much as possible.

I suppose I should have posted here first :)

My name is Trevor, live in Colorado Springs. Been playing disc for about 8 years. Got married and started having kids 4 years ago (have a 2 year old son and a 16 month old son who I get to teach Disc soon... yay for mini's), so that slowed down my playing (anywhere from 6-12 rounds a week to 1-3). Either way, love the sport, and love improving my game.

Hey all, I'm Brian from Cincinnati, Ohio. Been playing for the past few months, but I have this habit of getting addicted to things I get involved in, so I'm getting pretty into finding the right technique/discs and shots. 8)

New to board,been throwing since spring of 07,distance usally 320-350,can get to 380ish when concentrateing on D doing field work,have got over 400 several times working on annies and it turns out at the end for the s.No good at controlling it so no good use for it yet.Loving disc golf in Columbus Ohio with Alum Creek,and Pickerington having opened recently.This site rules.Dont have the time or onions to take on 80+ page thread yet but maybe someday,love all tech breakdown shit of mechanics and so on,all right I'll shut up now,thanks to those who take the time and effort to make this site possible.

Quit lurking to come and join the party... My name is Adam... I played a bit in college and now am getting back into it. Local course is all rocks and pines. Not a lot of room for good drives (don't have a clue what my average would be) and it chews up the cheaper plastic like crazy.