• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

Hi, I'm the FNG in every sense of the word. I picked up disc golf in June and have been throwing/putting/playing courses purdy dang near every day this summer. I've collected a little bit of plastic (13 discs) dyed three discs (poorly, but learning) and even threw an ace on a local 150' hole (small course, but I'm still psyched!)!

My drive isn't anything to brag about, only about 250'-275' accurately and I can almost get to 300 but it's anybody's guess where that disc will land. My anny (RHBH) is purdy sad too; my sidearm's a little better. I practice putting a lot on the playground equipment at a local elementary school, kind of miniature disc golf style. I figure if you can hit a smaller target then when you throw at a basket it should be easier.

So I like to go to a baseball field that's near-ish to my house and throw. The outfield fence is 380' at the foul poles and 390' to center. One day, I WILL hit that fence.

Itchy said:
Hi, I'm the FNG in every sense of the word. I picked up disc golf in June and have been throwing/putting/playing courses purdy dang near every day this summer. I've collected a little bit of plastic (13 discs) dyed three discs (poorly, but learning) and even threw an ace on a local 150' hole (small course, but I'm still psyched!)!

My drive isn't anything to brag about, only about 250'-275' accurately and I can almost get to 300 but it's anybody's guess where that disc will land. My anny (RHBH) is purdy sad too; my sidearm's a little better. I practice putting a lot on the playground equipment at a local elementary school, kind of miniature disc golf style. I figure if you can hit a smaller target then when you throw at a basket it should be easier.

So I like to go to a baseball field that's near-ish to my house and throw. The outfield fence is 380' at the foul poles and 390' to center. One day, I WILL hit that fence.
You picked the right place. Go read the "maxing out @ 300'" thread, masterbeato's video on the tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nED7gcXobEo) and of course the brand new Supar Sekret Teknique. You won't be hitting the fence, the disc will soar way past it. =)

Varsi said:
Not actually that new to the board if you count the time I've been lurking around here.
But guess I had to make a post at some point so this seems like a good spot for that.

I'm a fellow club member of jubuttib and turso. Started disc golf at about the same time as jubuttib last summer but I haven't been quite as determined about practicing as the other two. I do throw 300ft drives somewhat accurately and a good throw with a katana may take me around 400ft but that is not something I'd trust too much in a competition.

Anyway. Big thanks to the people on this board for all the great tips they've been giving about technique and such.

Tervetuloa joukkoon.

What's up,

I'm also new to the board, but have followed discussions on here for some time now. I'm out of Northern California and have played for about 6 years. Nice to meet you all :mrgreen:

No2ToFours said:
What's up,

I'm also new to the board, but have followed discussions on here for some time now. I'm out of Northern California and have played for about 6 years. Nice to meet you all :mrgreen:
whats up man? where in NorCal?

No2ToFours said:
Central Coast Jesse. I play a lot of Monterey and Santa Cruz courses. How bout yourself?
up in the northbay (sonoma county) Stafford is pretty much my home course.....still have never made it down to monterey to play :| gonna have to get down there at least once before worlds

Hey everyone, just got signed up here. Been playing about 4 months, mostly at DeLaveaga and Aptos. Having a blast so far, though DeLa can be frustrating at times. Am throwing Champ Wraiths and Valks, Mako and Hawk, putting with Magnets. Tried an R-Pro Dart for a few rounds but prefer the Magnet.

Can anybody recommend a Hawk equivalent? I see they are discontinued.

Jesse B 707 said:
up in the northbay (sonoma county) Stafford is pretty much my home course.....still have never made it down to monterey to play :| gonna have to get down there at least once before worlds

Let me know when you are coming down and I would be happy to give you the local tour of all of the courses on the peninsula :mrgreen:

Dragon said:
Hey everyone, just got signed up here. Been playing about 4 months, mostly at DeLaveaga and Aptos. Having a blast so far, though DeLa can be frustrating at times. Am throwing Champ Wraiths and Valks, Mako and Hawk, putting with Magnets. Tried an R-Pro Dart for a few rounds but prefer the Magnet.

Can anybody recommend a Hawk equivalent? I see they are discontinued.
Try a shark. Welcome to the board also.

No2ToFours said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Let me know when you are coming down and I would be happy to give you the local tour of all of the courses on the peninsula :mrgreen:
id love to, Pinto Lake is as far as ive been down there course wise...loved the wooded holes, open ones at the top of the hill were pretty shitty with the exception of the last shorter one, love DeLa of course, Black mouse was kinda meh... still never made it to Aptos but i hear its a nice little course

Jesse B 707 said:
id love to, Pinto Lake is as far as ive been down there course wise...loved the wooded holes, open ones at the top of the hill were pretty shitty with the exception of the last shorter one, love DeLa of course, Black mouse was kinda meh... still never made it to Aptos but i hear its a nice little course

Ya Pinto is definitely one of my favorites. I'm actually playing in our league championship there this weekend. I agree with you on Blackmouse, meh, but you should check out the Oaks, Cypress, and Ryan Ranch courses as well. The worlds will be playing on all three of those courses this year! Just let me know...

I'm new to the board.
name's Duncan and I've been playing since the 80's. Just played my first tournament this year and now have a revived passion for the sport. Also have recently been doing graphics for the game and really enjoying that as well.
Live in Pasadena, CA and mostly play Sylmar and Oak Grove courses.

For the central wrong coasters, new longer pins are in play on a few holes at Aptos. Added a few strokes to my round today.

Frank Delicious said:
Goddamn wrong coasters, get off my board.

I was born and raised in Rochester, NY. I guess that makes me a Both Coaster, can I still hang out?

Frank Delicious said:
Goddamn wrong coasters, get off my board.
if it were up to you would this board be entirely inhabited with toothless Cacalac natives like yourself? :)