• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New...used discs. Some feedback plz

ovar

Birdie Member
I got some new used disc last night and I am curious about a few of the discs I have never thrown.

97" First Run Stratus
Lexington Open X Soft Wizard Putter
Discraft Slipstream GT Driver
Surge ESP FLX

I have thrown Surges before but never in the FLX plastic. Does it change the stability?

The rest of the discs I have never thrown. I have heard a ton of ppl rave about Wizards, haven't heard much talk about the Slipstream GT driver, and I have driven a stratus just never thrown one :p

thanks in advance

Never even heard of the slip stream driver before but the surge is my go to for max distance between 400-450+. I use the ESP but I have thrown a FLX Surge before and I think it made it slightly more overstable but i didn't notice too much of a difference. The ESP will have a tendancy to skip a little more when it lands where the FLX is more likely to stick closer to where it initially hits

yeah, now that you have a wiz you'll be addicted. I got one in a trade 6 months ago...now I have 7 or 8.....and am picking up another today in a trade....mmmm...I love wizards....

The slipstream was an Ace Race disc awhile back and has since been discontinued. I have one that I got in a misprint deal and can only really use it as a roller and not a very good one at that. If you power down on it, it can be used as a fairly straight fairway driver

the stratus(imho) is a knock-off of the innova cobra or maybe a stingray. i am no expert in these matters, but have thrown all 3 and they are similar. it was a great "fairway driver"/turnover disc for me

How do you hold a 97 inch disc? ;)
Like this, duh!
big-frisbee.jpg

My buddy hated his FLX Surge, said it had no glide what so ever. I've only thrown a Wizard, soft is alright but I like SS the best.

Latest posts