• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie Disc Golf Journal

Arcadyus

Thought it may be cool to talk about some of the good and really bad rounds I play. As a New player maybe it will help sometime down the line. So let's talk first about my best round.

Took only a few weeks but I shot my first round under par at the twin lakes course in Arlington WA, then followed it up with my second under par round at Lake Stevens course in WA. First time I played each I shot 9 over par and have been playing them each a few times a week since first week of September. I think all the years of playing frisbee and occasional ultimate helps with being comfortable throwing a disc. But really it's how long I Played golf. You may be surprised that the motions are very similar. I still can't throw very far but in these tight wooded courses it's about putting. I did finally go over 325 ft with my Heat Z flex. Kept looking in the fairway thought I lost it. Then saw it 15 ft from the basket. Sadly I missed the birdie putt.

Welcome. I think there is some benefit to keeping track of disc golf rounds, so you can track progress and identify areas for improvement. Sometimes, while reflecting on rounds, you also realize there were other strategies you could have used (throws, aiming for certain areas of the fairways, etc.) to improve your score. This can build confidence and help particularly for competitive rounds. I remember doing this for one of my favorite regular courses when I got into disc golf. If you're like me, playing disc golf is all about knowing what shots you CAN or aspire to hit, and then hitting those consistently to score well. Good luck!

Latest posts